Found a great hotel SO HAPPY

LuiseRN

So there is a particular town where I travel once or twice a month and I have to stay overnight. I found a hotel (not a fancy hotel, mind you) where the breakfast is included. However, this hotel is #1 on trip advisor and I found out why: They have 3 or 4 ladies who arrive at the hotel around 3:30 AM to cook breakfast. They only buy in-season, local produce, organic REAL eggs (not reconstituted powder) and organic, freshly ground coffee. The owner insists on this. So every morning when I go to breakfast, they have so many options for me!! They have cooked or grilled veggies (I asked the ladies about the oil-they only use olive oil!) and they always have a meat option besides the eggs. They have sirloin some mornings, pork chops some mornings (organic!)--they even have venison sometimes. And there is always a large platter of freshly cut fruit. Of course, they have all of the typical "bad" stuff, but I don't eat that. I'm just so happy to have found this gem. Also, the breakfast is included with the hotel stay!! There was one time when the only meat choice was eggs and chorizo (Mexican sausage) and I wasn't sure how the sausage was made. they very gladly made me eggs, with approved oil and sautéed veggies (they let me pick the ones I wanted). I wish every hotel was like this!

Its not exactly a tourist spot haha. I go there for business. Its Laredo, Texas and its the Best Western San Isidro. Very nice place should you need to go to Laredo for any reason. I think the hotels in this chain are individually owned and operated. I just got lucky with this one with great owners :lol:

Archived