Start date - June 1st

Saraizzle

I already eat pretty healthy, but I don't think I have done the cutting out dairy, sugars, etc., in a long time. The last time was about a year ago for a 21 day detox, run by Whole Living magazine. I remember I felt great, so excited to try something new with the Whole 30!

My boyfriend never joins me on these healthy quests, but he is actually VERY interested in the Whole 30! So we will be doing something together, making it easy to lean on each other for support. Glad to be a part of this forum!

Start date is June 1st for us, and we are in the major prep mode now. Reading all the guides, building our shopping lists, cleaning out our pantry, etc!

Yes, absolutely!!!! Clean out those pantries and let's get ready!!!! We can have weekly check in's or whatever you want!! I actually used to eat vegetarian/vegan only, but am now a "pescatarian" so I am introducing seafood back into my diet. So...if you want to recipe share, or recipe brainstorm, anything to that effect, I am of no help in the meat department but have a lot in the fish department!!!

Month 6: Half Year Re-Set

Hi Gals: I am going to join you for the month of June. This will be my third Whole 30. I did one in January 2014 and May 2013. I am an avid runner and a half-marathoner. I eat well most of the time and don't have much, if any, weight to lose but I feel like I've been making some poor choices recently and want a Whole30 reset. I don't think this program is hard (As the book says, an illness is hard. Eating clean is not.) but having a support thread makes it so much easier.

All the best... enjoy the wine now!

Betsy

Starting June 1st as well...I did a Whole 30 about 3 years ago. I had never felt better. I weaned myself from caffeine at the same time. But over the last 3 years I have gradually gone back to my old eating habits, including 3 or 4 cups of coffee every morning with tons of cream & sugar....sigh. When I was caffeine free and 100% Whole 30 compliant I felt amazing, with lots & lots of energy. So this morning only 2 cups of coffee and by June 1st, NO cups of coffee and a well-stock fridge with lots of Whole 30 compliant food.....let's do this!!!

I'm starting June 1st, too!  I cycle through bouts of healthy and unhealthy eating, and have been eating lots of processed sugar over the past few weeks.  I'm tired and achey, and want to hit the 'reset' button.  I'm nervous but excited about starting the Whole 30.  But, I'm hoping that giving myself this week to prepare will help.  I could see lack of planning being a major hurdle.

I just picked that date too to start, so excited...go all of us!! am kinda doing it now to practice/find recipes but set that as my official start so got time to plan teas for my family & find some snacks/coping mechanisms! be great to have some support during it all...Am already gluten/fructose/dairy/alcohol/caffeine free so if anyone is new to all of that I'm more than happy to help 😄

I'm starting June 2nd! I'm a little nervous, but I have made a lot of healthy changes in the last few months so I think I can do it. I'm worried most about becoming a hermit in an effort to avoid non compliant foods!

Whoop, whoop, hey crew!

After a busy, yet enjoyable Memorial Day weekend, my friend Lauren made mention of the Whole 30 program and I have decided to join her, starting June 1st, to take on this challenge and get a grip of my eating habits. Looking forward to the support along the way and hope to learn from you guys as well. Good luck! 

Hi, starting on June 6th ~ odd date but it will give me time around my crazy work schedule to clean out, shop and prep before we start.  Love that they have support forums here as it is so important to know that there are others who have gone through the same issues.  Having done Atkins years ago I remember the withdrawal from sugar so I am not looking forward to that but have to do something to change my life.  Just had my gallbladder out and my body does not process anything I normally eat the same.  Looking forward to changes!

I'm also starting the whole 30 on June 1st! I am super excited, although I know it is going to be somewhat tough. I already eat pretty clean, but I have a huge sweet tooth and like to occasionally go out for drinks with my friends. Its only 30 days though, right? I like a challenge anyway! Looking forward to getting started!

So happy to have this place to confer -or vent! I think the key for me in the last two successful Whole30s was lots and lots of compliant foods sitting in the fridge. I also have a nut trap so I will work on portion control for almonds, cashews and pistachios. And if that doesn't work, I may just avoid them. I boil plenty of eggs and keep them ready with sliced tomatoes and buy several avocados a week. I also stuff a sweet potato with just about anything. I cook several extra portions in my slow cooker to last a couple meals. Just sharing in hopes it helps someone... These are just my little planning strategies to make it through.

Hi! I had originally planned on starting this Tuesday, but had to travel for work and although I have been mostly Whole30 compliant, certain things snuck in while traveling (things that I couldn't plan like meals with colleagues). So I am officially starting June 1st. I am currently building my base for fall half marathons and a full marathon in June. I am also training for summer 5ks, looking at breaking 26 minutes by August (looking about shaving a minute or so off my time). I also want to understand what my body needs and doesn't need. I look forward to helping each other out!

Hello! I, too, am starting on June 1st! I am unable to completely clean out my pantry due to my 6 year old and husband loving snacks... Any tips on keeping those separate from my foods? Maybe put theirs in a closed plastic container to avoid the temptation? I'm not a huge sweets person but those darn cheez-its and goldfish crackers have a way to my heart.... and then to my thighs and gut. Help!

I'm starting June 1st as well.  First whole 30, but not new to the concept.  Did something similar 2 years ago and lost a bunch of weight, had a bunch of energy, quit getting headaches and allergic rhinitis. Kept it up for a long time, but I've slowly let bad eating habits creep in again.  The weight is coming back on and the tireness, headaches and allergies are back.  Looking forward to the support here!

I would like to join this group. I have done whole34 twice..2012 and 2013. Both times I felt AMAZING! When I added in other foods at the end of the 34 days, I gave up waaay more than I gained. I am READY to do this again!

I have a lot of heart problems, food allergies, and other health issues. I can hardly wait to start feeling the benefits of this eating plan. I still have shopping to do but I will be ready on June 1!

Well I started today too.  Got my first day under my belt.  my daughter asked me to join with her so we are kind of doing this on the "buddy plan".  we had fun last night making some of the dressings and mayonnaise.  hubby opened the fridge this morning and commented "boy that is really empty!" lol.  these next 29 days will be interesting.  hope to connect with some of you.  Brenda

Archived