energy at the wrong time!

Currently on day 14 of my second whole 30. Energy levels are starting to improve...but it kicks in in the evening when I am trying to wind down for bed!! I don't have a lot of caffeine, the most I'll ever have per day is one cup (some days I have none) and that'll be before midday (around 10am if at all). I'm also having starchy vegetables with dinner, not eating 2 hours before bed. I eat breakfast between 6.30 - 7am (very hungry when I wake up, which is a  good thing I believe?), lunch between 12 - 1, dinner is usually around 6.30. Any snacks in between are on template (I just made some delicious egg & prawn muffins last night in fact  :D )

Will this start to level out? It would be super if I could have this level of energy in the morning, as I am still very groggy when waking up. Making it difficult to get my 8 hours of sleep in as I feel too switched on in the evenings  :blink:

I have no input, but hoping you'll get some from the experienced.

I'm on Day 8  lately I too have been very "awake" when I was hoping to go to bed. I am waking up less groggy that before W30 (it's all relative), but I'm actually getting less that recommended sleep because I'm still up at 1:00 a.m. and even LATER, but still waking up around 7-ish.  I keep thinking "I'll be tired tonight since I got less sleep" .... ???

I DO know it's recommended the last 1 hour before bed we don't look at screens that send our body signals to stay awake, like TV, computer screens, etc. I hate to admit they might be onto something...

One thing I have gleaned from my travels around this forum is that starchy vegetables are a wild card for a lot of people. Some people have the most benefit from front loading them in their day and others from back loading. You might try moving your starchy vegetable from Meal 3 to Meal 2 and see if that helps. Aside from food what else is going on in the evening that might get you keyed up? The electronics thing is a big one. When do you get your exercise? When do you do your chores? Other factors? 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Do you take magnesium at night?  I drink it (Magnesium Serene) or take an epsom salt bath when I need to conk out.  The epsom salt baths especially are like anesthetic to me... 

Archived