Starting Tuesday, May 27th

heidilc717

Anybody freaking out about reintroduction? I don't have half of the stuff in my house so trying to do research but some of the things on the list are not things I would usually eat all the time if at all so not sure if to include them in the reintroduction  :unsure: 

I'm with you Elishia! Totally freaking out about reintroduction! I really don't have a plan and I think that's the problem. I'm worried about going off plan in the slightest and back to bloatville (even just for reintros). I may stay W30 for a few more days just to put a firm plan in place.

On reintroductions, only reintroduce the foods you're genuinely curious about (in terms of your physical/psychological reaction), or that you'd like to eat again.

A sample reintroduction schedule is here.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So proud of you guys! Congratulations on making it to the end! While my whole 30 wasn't perfect, I am proud of it anyway. These last few days on vacation have been wonderful. I've felt the best I've felt yet and haven't been tempted to indulge in anything. Today is my 30th day, but just until the end of this week. Come Monday I'll be back at it.

Thank you all for your support, advice and willingness to share. It's been a pleasure learning alongside you and experiencing this together. I'm anxiously awaiting your success stories!

Thanks Chris for putting it into perspective. I've read that before but clearly needed to see it again. Quinnsmom, I agree. It has been a pleasure to have support of people going thru the same thing at the same time as yourself. I have appreciated all the comments (even when it was to say goodbye). Have a good vacay!

We did it!!  My clothes are much looser and I'm feeling pretty good.  The skin on my face looks a lot better to me but I've still been dealing with eczema on my arms. I'm more curious to see what happens when I reintroduce things back in and how react to those things. 

I will admit I'm pretty damn proud of myself for sticking out for the whole thing!  B)

How's everyone feeling?

DAY 30! :) I weighed myself, i lost 15pds!!!  (i have many more to go)I really cant believe i did it! I've never followed though with taking care of myself & I feel great.

I'm nervous about what happens next...I plan on following the reintroduction of certain foods and staying fairly close to the way I've been eating. Whole30 has given me the skills to continue to get healthy & keep up the weight loss journey with great confidence in myself! Amazed what i learned about food, where it comes from, how it’s made & what's in it is so important ( you are what you eat) I have mourned & plan to give up several "bad foods".

I started this Whole30 to lose weight but also to reverse some health issues. i have been borderline type 2 diabetes for 2yrs, (i can’t wait to see new results of lab work) & I’m turning 50 in 12 days & do not feel old but don't want health problems as I age. I have never felt better! I'm putting exercise back into my life (yes slowly, but my energy helps)

I plan to start my 2nd Whole30 in two weeks.

Thank you Whole 30!

Thank you all on the forum Starting Tuesday MAY 27th, I've used you all as inspiration & Support!

And those who are thinking of starting or just started, good job! Your body will thank you!I  

Carrie - that's so awesome! Congratulations!!

heidi - reintros are fascinating. A friend of mine did Whole30 specifically to see what triggered her eczema and found out pretty fast that it was dairy. You SHOULD be proud!!

I'm feeling good - not amazing, but this month has been incredibly low on sleep (unusually so, though this last week has been better) and I really think that's my next nemesis. I'll take measurements tonight, but honestly don't think much has changed - which is generally fine, though I really would love this belly to go away. This Whole30, for me, has shown me that I've got the food generally down, though being more mindful has helped, but now I need to focus on sleep, stress and movement. (I was regularly doing a boot camp class up until last September, but it really wasn't a great choice for me. Now I do yoga 2-4 times a week, which is great, but need to add in more walking and hope for a standing desk at work!) It starts with food but doesn't end there, right?

I'll do reintros gradually, I think, sticking pretty close to Whole30 for awhile with a few things added in to see how I do: corn/tortilla chips, rice, cheese of various sorts. Everything else I'll just kind of see what happens as it comes up.

Hey guys, one last post before I go to bed. Thank you SO much for being part of my Whole30! The support you all gave me and to each other was truly inspiring and a HUGE part of my success, so thank you! Good luck to your future eating endeavors and hopefully we'll see each other around the forums. I'm also on Instagram at heidilc717 so feel free to connect there if you haven't already! We did it!! :)

On reintroductions, only reintroduce the foods you're genuinely curious about (in terms of your physical/psychological reaction), or that you'd like to eat again.

A sample reintroduction schedule is here.

Thank you thats exactly what i've decided to do.

I've not been able to get on for days just had to re search to find this.

Just wanted to thank you all for the support I think thats really what helped me make it through.

Today is my reintroduction day but apart from that I plan to keep as close to whole30 as possible. I already noticed I read the labels way more, plus there are things I know I can do without now and not miss them to much or I can make my own versions  :)

Congratulations everyone on finishing the program! I feel so proud for following through with the plan and feel incredible. Even my hubby, who did not do this with me but was supportive, said he noticed a difference in my attitude and my energy. I'm hoping he will do it with me next time! I did lose 13 pounds and lots of inches (I didn't measure)! Most importantly, I feel so good that I decided to extend the program for now. Not sure when I will start reintro's but not this week for sure. I have learned so many new things to cook that taste delicious and I love that! I discovered a new love.....cooking. I used to dread it but now I can't wait to see how a new recipe will taste and when the family LOVES it too, it makes my day!!!

Carrie, enjoy your birthday! Congrats on your success.

Elishia, when I do reintroductions, I will only do foods I missed as well. I like simple!!

Heidilc, sorry in am not on Instagram to follow you. My daughter says I'm a 'Dino'! And she said she didn't mean dynamite! She meant a dinosaur!!! One day.....

Jent, I hope you get more sleep. I may look into yoga as opposed to something 'high impact'. Don't think my knees could handle too much rigor! Congrats.

Anyone else I forgot, we should periodically check back to see how we did with reintroductions. Thanks for the support to get through this!

I don't know if any of you are still checking this at all, but I'm coming back to report how I'm doing. I lost exactly 8 lbs, which I was thrilled about. I did ok with re-introducing things but I think I jumped the gun with some foods and the stomach bloat has set in already! It didn't take long at all! In fact, I've felt so awful the last couple of days that I'm back to planning out even more of my meals than I had previously committed to. Grains and sugar are the main culprits from what I can tell. I feel like I've put on 5 lbs just around my waist alone!

Anyone else from our group still around? :)

I'm here!  I fell off the wagon but am working to get back to basic Whole 30 soon.  My main problem is finding new recipes I like--I've gotten tired of the ones I love, but I don't like any of the new ones I've tried.  I need a boost!

heidilc717 the exact same thing has happened to me, so I'm glad you logged back in to share! I did not weigh myself at the end so I don't know what those results were, but I've spent the last week somewhat off the rails and I feel it. I feel the bloat but more than anything I'm scared I won't be able to get going again. I also believe that grains and sugar are "the ones". I made a meal plan and grocery shopped last night and I do feel a little more in control now. I'm going to taking it one day, one meal at a time until I get back on solid ground. So far so good today. I've got a plan for lunch and dinner which feels good.

It's extraordinary how food affects us isn't it? 

Good luck to you. I'm checking in frequently right now while trying to stay motivated.

I'm here!  I fell off the wagon but am working to get back to basic Whole 30 soon.  My main problem is finding new recipes I like--I've gotten tired of the ones I love, but I don't like any of the new ones I've tried.  I need a boost!

audmeighan I purchased a spiralizer on a whim and the new appliance has made me a little more excited about some of my meals now. I'm all about spiralizing these days. :lol:  So maybe a few new recipes and a new kitchen item would help. Like heidilc717, I've found instagram helpful in gaining new ideas/combinations. #whole30. Good luck! 

I'm still here! I had some alcohol (about 6oz of cider and a mimosa), corn tortillas and a few Paleo cocoa bites this weekend, and all that sugar definitely messed with my sleep - lesson learned there. I've had a little hard cheese in some restaurant eggs, which seemed okay, and last night I "reintroed" tortilla chips at my favorite taco place (with amazing guac). Sadly those definitely did not make me feel good - not awful, but enough that I noticed, and I was really bloated. So I'm going to have to really think about whether I need those chips when I go!

I'm a tiny bit under the weather (sore throat, maybe the beginning of a cold), so it's hard to know what's from the food and what's just not feeling great. I tend to overanalyze things anyway, so my plan for this month is to keep the food pretty close to on point and focus more on sleep and movement, rather than trying to figure out exactly how many tortilla chips I can have before I look like I'm six months pregnant. :)

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone! GranneiD, I think I should have just extended my Whole30! I'm not so sure it was a good thing to go back to my old way of eating.

I just wish it wasn't an all or nothing thing for me. I keep thinking there has to be a happy middle ground but sugar, especially, is a slippery slope for me. And then I lay in bed at night with stomach cramps and major regrets. Jent103, I already feel like I look pregnant!

Quinnsmom, I know what you mean about new kitchen appliances. My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and told my husband I wanted a good food processor. He wanted to make sure I was very clear about it because, being the wise man that he is, knows that an appliance of any kind does not usually make the best present for your wife.

Audmeighan, you've probably already looked here, but nomnompaleo has lots of good recipes. Also, Pinterest is my go-to for researching clean eating.

I'm going to make my shopping list tomorrow, prep over the weekend and get right back on the wagon! :)

heidilc717 pretty sure we are living the same life. I could have written your post word for word. Had a great day yesterday to have it go to pieces today. I just don't feel comfortable without the rules and I literally just thought to myself that I wish I would have never stopped. Oh well-- it can all change, I know it. I have some hormonal changes on the horizon which are making me vulnerable. Will be glad when that's out of the way.

A new food processor would be great! What a smart man your husband is-- he knows! I know my husband will never forget the year I received the Jack LaLanne juicer from him for my birthday, which was actually just his gift to himself! I've never let him forget it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. I don't know if anyone is still here. I had some crazy stuff come up, including one that required replacing the cable modem. Anyway, back from my vacation. I made it to your day 30, but not my extended. It was just too hard on the road and in other people's homes while out of town. I'm going to have to do it all again to figure out my triggers anyway. I just didn't have the opportunity to plan reintroduction. Anyway, while my fatigue never completely went away while I was on Whole30, I'm realizing now that it was much improved. I wasn't falling asleep while reading to my kids or yawning through my afternoon at work. I think next time I'll go caffeine free, too, just to see if that makes a difference. I'm going to pull out my calendar to figure out a good time next weekend, but for now, bring on the coffee - black! Congratulations to all who made it! Good luck to all who plan to try again!

For the record, I lost 8 lbs, as well, though that wasn't my goal.

Hello! ( if anyone still checks?) Just gonna post a update just in case someone comes back. First, i have bragged about the forum & the awesome people & support I encountered. Second, our last day was June 25th, On that day I totally went into panic mode about the ability to eat anything I wanted, fortunatley when i woke up I made Whole 30 eating choices most of the day. I had 12 days off... Drank wine all fourth of july weekend, ate pizza and i felt ok(alittle guilty) but I had alot of knowledge knowing I would never go back to my old habits of eating. BUT... then i bought a loaf of Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat(no preservatives, five ingredients, made on the premises) should be fine. I alone ate the whole loaf over four days. Pretty much morning, noon, night i ate a piece, I enjoyed it! then the bloating and fatigue showed up  :wacko: . I love bread but, wow, i need to moderate!

On July 8th I started my second whole 30, i feel like an old pro(i like the rules, doesnt allow me to go back to my own lack of self control). I feel so much better! My goal is to lose weight, whole30 works! I am starting a Couch to 5k program and exercising daily. Each day is a day of choice, I'm learning to make better choices for myself. Good luck to all Whole30ers past & present!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived