Starting Tuesday, May 27th

heidilc717

I'm totally positive going into this, I promise, but does anyone else feel like they're having their last meal before an execution? I'm saying goodbye to all my favorite things. I know they're all horrible for me but it still makes me sad and a bit nervous.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidilc - I totally know what you mean. For whatever reason, even though I don't have a lot of non-W30 food very often anymore anyway, I *still* felt the need to eat rice and hummus and pita and tortilla chips this weekend to say goodbye! It's such a mental game.

Good luck on day 1, everyone!!

HI! I'm starting today too...May 27th. eeeekkkk :wacko:  I'm nervous and excited! My biggest challenge will be working graveyards. I cooked my foods yesterday. Right now for lunch I am having chorizo and eggs. I have stuff for a spinach smoothie around 4am and then some almonds around 6am. My 2nd biggest challenge will be not taking my pre-workout drink. That seriously gives me the energy I need to wake up and get moving to the gym. Does anyone have any suggestions on pre-workout energy drinks? Or something to get me up and moving after working a night shift? Right now I take 1.M.R.

Thank you, Good luck to all of you!!

I was going to start another W30 (I think it's my fourth) on Wednesday as my birthday present to myself, but I after reading this thread this morning, I decided it was a better gift to just start now.  So happy early birthday me.  I really need to reset.  Hope everyone's day 1 goes well.

I started Monday, but would like to join you guys for the ride because you seem like an active group if that's okay....

I did one whole 30 successfully and then stared a second and completely fell of the wagon. So I guess this is technically the 3rd for me.  I'm an all or nothing kind of girl, so the rules work good for me since I haven't learned how to make good decisions on my own yet... sigh

You can do this. Preparation is key to making good decisions. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone.

I'm back on day 1 today. I was on Day 20 and stepped off (rather then fell off) the wagon when a bacon / date / goat cheese empanada tempted me. I made a choice and I'm starting over today.

I've been paleo for about 10 months and have done a couple of successful whole30s (and 1 Whole19 :)) in the past year.

I've got a lot of food leftover from the weekend so won't need to cook for a couple of days. (nomnompaleos Korean short ribs, Merguez lamb meatballs, a huge container of cauliflower rice, & WF2 Asian Cole Slaw).

Happy Day 1!

Hi Rkrzywda, welcome!

I've already survived a run to the grocery store with co-workers (I just bought a nice, new water bottle for myself) and being offered birthday cake for breakfast for a co-worker's birthday.  I just sat and ate some fruit instead. But it was honestly easy to turn down and I really didn't feel sorry for myself.

How's everyone doing so far?

So far so good. I'm a little tired, but my daughter woke me at 5 am this morning with a stomch bug. I have the urge to snack, but I know Whole 30 promotes 3 meals with no snacks, so I'm going to try my best. I know that I'm not hungry, its just some other need that is making me want to snack. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't over analyze everything.

Great job avoiding the cake.... temptation started right off on day one hu?

Hi There! Sorry for the no-photo yet. I'm starting my first WHOLE30 today as well!

I'm pinning recipes on Pinterest. 

http://www.pinterest.com/bridgetshead/whole30/

Specifically, I'm kind of an *occasional* bacon-loving pescetarian, so much of what I will be pinning will be on the vegan side of things. 

Good luck all!

Key is preparation, which I was not prepared. Managed to find breakfast and prepare a lunch that is whole30 friendly. I MUST CLEAN OUT AREA FOR ME in pantry where i look for meals.

I am so motivated to do this thou! Thank you to all who are coming here for support, just knowing you are doing this also and will post your struggles and successes... is motivation. i keep reminding myself this is only 30 days(for now)

I'm starting today, too!!  And, I'm gonna be honest… I think my biggest challenge is going to be sugar.  For those who have been down this road before, how do I manage the first few days when it feels like my cravings are stronger than my will power??!  Thanks in advance!! ~Liz :unsure:

ithinkican - do something else! If you have a craving, and you know it isn't really hunger, take a walk, drink some tea, whatever! If you are really hungry, eat protein and fat, not anything sweet like fruit. Sounds counterintuitive, but feeding the sweet craving will only perpetuate the problem! You've got this!

I've started the Whole 30 today, too!!  I've completed a Whole 30 once before.  It was a great experience, but unfortunately it didn't take me long to fall back into my old ways.  I am ready to comit to kicking the sugar and all the other junk that is making me feel heavy and sluggish.  I'm glad to have this group to share with along the way!! 

Hello!  I started today--my 2nd.  I had a wonderful experience in January, and now I'm back to get down to my "for now" goal weight.  I'm 37, 3 kids, full-time job, 172#.  I just ran my 4th half-marathon on Sunday (PR--yay!), and I sure can tell I carb-loaded--yikes.  

Frittata with sausage, spinach, squash, zucchini, onions, garlic for breakfast.  Homemade italian sausage with peppers and onions for lunch, and an apple.  Dinner will be chicken thighs on the grill, beets, and a 2nd veg of some sort, ytbd.

Happy Day 1 to you all!

I'm starting today too. I had a baby and want a jump start on getting back to pre-baby weight. Breakfast will be my most challenging because I'm not a big egg-eater and have mostly eaten some form of carbs or grain for breakfast. Good luck to finishing 30 days!

Breakfast will be my most challenging because I'm not a big egg-eater and have mostly eaten some form of carbs or grain for breakfast. Good luck to finishing 30 days!

Who says you have to have eggs for breakfast?   ;) Think of breakfast as Meal 1, and that opens up a whole host of possibilities. Many Whole30'ing folks have leftovers, chili, or soup for breakfast.  If you Google Whole30 non egg breakfasts you'll get links to lots of past forum discussions on this topic.

Quite a group already! Day 1 and I might actually be more prepared than I thought :) B'fast with eggs, artichokes, 1/2 banana w/sunflower butter. For lunch, beef with tomatoes and onions, broccoli, and grapes. Dinner is in the oven - the best roast chicken. Seriously. Dry well, s&p, roast @ 450 in a heavy Dutch oven on the bottom rack. Which also means... bones for broth later this week!

My favorite non-egg breakfast is meat/veg/sweet potato hash, usually made with leftovers to make it go faster :) A starchy veg in the am seems to help fill the "grain" desire for me.

Archived