Starting Tuesday, May 27th

heidilc717

I'm on day 6 and I don't know if its on my head or not but I woke up really early and had so my energy. I've been out exercising with my sister for 4 hours which is a massive thing for me as I've been suffering with panic attacks and agoraphobia for about 4 years, but I actually wanted to go out today.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5 underway and there's a neighborhood barbecue I kind of forgot about. I'm sure the burgers will be the cheap, frozen variety. I'll bring my own. The sides I know others are bringing are far from compliant - baked beans, potato salad, marinated meat (with soy). I'm going to bring a strawberry salad and set some aside for myself without dressing. Any other ideas of something else that others would enjoy with burgers and dogs that won't cost me a fortune, since I'm already bringing the one salad?

Going to miss having a few drinks with the girls, but sun tea will have to suffice! At least I've always preferred mine unsweetened.

Day 5 underway and there's a neighborhood barbecue I kind of forgot about. I'm sure the burgers will be the cheap, frozen variety. I'll bring my own. The sides I know others are bringing are far from compliant - baked beans, potato salad, marinated meat (with soy). I'm going to bring a strawberry salad and set some aside for myself without dressing. Any other ideas of something else that others would enjoy with burgers and dogs that won't cost me a fortune, since I'm already bringing the one salad?

Going to miss having a few drinks with the girls, but sun tea will have to suffice! At least I've always preferred mine unsweetened.

I made these Jicama Chili Sticks last night and brought it to a gathering.  Easy, inexpensive, and they were big hit: http://www.food.com/recipe/jicama-chili-sticks-16901

I'm on day 6 and I don't know if its on my head or not but I woke up really early and had so my energy. I've been out exercising with my sister for 4 hours which is a massive thing for me as I've been suffering with panic attacks and agoraphobia for about 4 years, but I actually wanted to go out today.

Good job Elishia! That's very cool! :)

I realized as I was drifting off to sleep last night that I forgot to check in at the end of the day. And then, during the night, I had a dream that I ate a few bites of cake and I was SO frustrated that I had done that. Eventually, I realized that it was a dream and was able to relax a little. That disappointment was very real for a while though. Probably has to do with the giant birthday cake sitting in the bottom of the fridge right now for a big family birthday party we're having and that I'm staying in a totally different room from!

Hope everyone has a successful day 5 (or whatever day you happen to be on!)! :)

I realized as I was drifting off to sleep last night that I forgot to check in at the end of the day. And then, during the night, I had a dream that I ate a few bites of cake and I was SO frustrated that I had done that. Eventually, I realized that it was a dream and was able to relax a little. That disappointment was very real for a while though. Probably has to do with the giant birthday cake sitting in the bottom of the fridge right now for a big family birthday party we're having and that I'm staying in a totally different room from!

I keep having dreams like this as well and I'm so convinced I've eaten something I shouldn't.

I keep having dreams like this as well and I'm so convinced I've eaten something I shouldn't.

Me too with the dreams! The cool thing is that even in my dreams I resolve to keep going for another 30 days! Funny how they seem to cause a real feeling of disappointment, though...

So I finally made my mayo. I hope it tuns out okay. I killed my cheapo blender and had to move as much as I could into my food processor to finish it! Tasted OK, but not sure how the consistency will be after refrigerating. I can always make a dressing or something with it, I suppose. Off to wash the huge mound of dishes I've accumulated!

Hello all,

Just checking in for Day 5 - feeling really good! Just finished a breakfast of chicken nuggets (leftover) and summer caprese salad (from Practical Paleo - yum!!) and an avocado....and of course coffee!. That should see me though my training session today!

Hope everyone is doing great and we are all successful in our Day 5 (and 4? and 6 for others that joined this group!)

Rock on!

Me too with the dreams! The cool thing is that even in my dreams I resolve to keep going for another 30 days! Funny how they seem to cause a real feeling of disappointment, though...

So I finally made my mayo. I hope it tuns out okay. I killed my cheapo blender and had to move as much as I could into my food processor to finish it! Tasted OK, but not sure how the consistency will be after refrigerating.

I made mayo today as well for the first time, I had to use my smoothie maker :-) but it worked out fine.

I'm still hanging in there! My hubby bought a big bag of candy for the kids and I don't even want any. I did almost out of habit lick pancake batter off my fingers this morning but I stopped myself thank goodness.

Elisha... I've suffered from panic attacks and agoraphobia too. I've been winning the battle for a couple of years, but I always feel it on the edge, waiting in new situations. Keep up the good fight! I know how debilitating it can be.

On a funny note, I volunteered for the "pie in the face" booth at my daughters school carnival last night and was more worried about keeping my mouth closed then my eyes. Lol. Not a drop of whipped cream got in my mouth!

Thanks for all the check-ins and positivity here everyone!  Hubs and I are on day 5 and going strong--was a little tired this morning, but I'm super-motivated now.  I miss wine on these gorgeous early summer days, though.....

Good work, y'all!!!

Happy Day 5 (to most).

Elishia, What a wonderful side effect!! Eating whole30 does wonders for my mood and anxiety. I hope it continues to make positive changes for you!

I'm having a great week. I'm between sessions in school right now and have been cooking like crazy. I actually have TOO MUCH FOOD!! That's fine though, I'm freezing lots so I can pull stuff out when I don't have so much free time. I also have a 7# pork shoulder thawing in my fridge. I've never cooked one that big before. I got it from a dealer who distributes things from local farmers.....it's pasture raised. I also got duck eggs! I love those.

My meals today so far have been:

breakfast meatloaf crumbled with scrambled duck egg

pizza veggies (from Well Fed 2)

sweet potato soup (from Well Fed)

post WO

green chicken thigh (nom nom paleo)y

roasted butternut squash

Salmon Cake with awesome sauce (WF2)

the rest of my scrambled eggs that I couldn't finish this morning :)

pizza veggies

dinner will be grilled flank steak, broccoli and rutabaga hash

I've avoided the crazy food dreams this time around.....but whenever I do whole30 I am so tired by 9pm and I'm up at the crack of dawn. I start a night class 3 days/week in another week and am concerned about staying awake!!

I'm trying to find the right balance with my veggies... I really overdid it with the Brussels spouts at lunch... Ouch!

My stomach doesn't seem to quite know yet how many gassy vegetables it can handle in any given period of time. Is anyone else's belly revolting? What to do?

Hello everyone!  Day 5 almost in the bag!  So glad that I didn't have to work today because I have been sooooo fatigued!!  Anyone else extraordinarily tired???  No workout for me today - hoping for more energy tomorrow. 

I've been pretty tired today too. Made it through a birthday party with very little temptation. Got the last of my groceries to make next week's food. Being prepared is the #1 thing that's kept me on track last week so I don't want to stop now. Still pretty sure I'm not eating enough veggies so I'm increasing them next week.

Day 5--Done! :)

Today I was super hungry and also tired of all my options! I would eat but instantly feel turned off and full from my food but then hr or two later starving... I drank lots of water to help with that feeling but it sucked! I'm going to really try to change up my food this week a little more so I don't get burnt out! Yay to finishing day 5......I'm honestly so proud of myself for making it to day 5...going into day 6 strong!

I made it through the barbecue!!! I cannot say that the unique desserts weren't tempting (usually I'm pretty good at resisting the store-bought, because I can always try those some other time.). My favorite baked beans were there, but I know my neighbor will make those again. That's easier for me to resist. I admit... I asked for the recipe for one dessert so maybe I can make it someday when I am not on Whole 30. I drank a lot... And I mean A LOT of iced tea (unsweetened, decaf) with mint leaves in about half of my glasses for variety (luckily my neighbor had some growing in her yard.). I don't know if anyone noticed that I wasn't drinking alcohol, but they all noticed that I had my burger without a bun. I explained to a few who weren't too shy to say something. Anyway, I'm proud, because that was tougher than I thought. I've got another barbecue next week where I know the choices will be even more limited (last year, they had burgers, dogs, chips and cookies). I'll have to eat a salad or something before I go... And at least that one is at lunch, not dinner time. Anyway, on to planning my Monday through Friday. Not tired of anything yet, so shouldn't be too bad! Happy cooking, everyone!

Way to go, Jacelexi and LindyJules! I've let all my family and many of my friends and co-workers know that I am doing Whole30, both as way to publicly commit and as an explanation why I'm choosing not to eat something with them. For the most part, they've been very supportive and don't ask me if I want something they already know I can't have. That's been really helpful. Also, they're all watching me to see how I do, so that's been very motivating.

I know what you mean Jacelexi, by yesterday, Day 5, I was less than enthusiastic about my food choices, so I'm trying to have a couple more prepared for this week as well as more and different fruit and veggie choices.

We're almost down a week (1/4 done!) of our Whole30!

Hello all,

Day 6 underway!

Was anyone else extremely tired last night? I slept 9.5 hours (although my FitBit said only 5 hours of it was restful!) and woke up in a fog! Half my Sunday seems over!

LindyJules and Heidilc717 - if you like curry, try:

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/50912676835/thai-curry-chicken

it is really easy to do and transports to and reheats really well at work, including piled on top of cauli rice!

Good luck on Day 6!

We are on day six! Can believe I've managed without bread or cheese for this long! I really don't feel like I'm struggling not to cheat, the recipes and food pics are so enticing and support and encouragement plenitful. Maybe because my body feels better I feel less bloated and do sleep better. These are my new mantras...This is not a diet it is a lifestyle change,instead of no I can't, it's I'm not choosing that right now. On to week two.. Thank you all for going through this with me!

Day 6 - Yay!! As with Carriegonnab50 - my body is also feeling better. The fact that I don't feel as stiff and sore has been so encouraging to me. I really want to see this thing through thirty days and probably beyond. Have a great rest of day six all!!

Day 6 and things are still alright! I've been eating easy, but boring foods this weekend. I agree, eating out is not as fun on a W30. Not that there isn't anything to eat, but I only like to order things I wouldn't make at home (I do a lot of cooking, and it's rather good, if I do say so myself ;) ). So, limited, but not starving. I have the afternoon tomorrow for meal prep, so I'm looking through recipes. Definitely making the jicama fries. Yum!

I've been running around a lot this week/end, so that might be why I'm so tired, but I slept extra long today as well! I'm having a lazy sort of afternoon, and I don't feel a bit guilty about it :) I even took a nap (unusual for me), and it was really nice. With hubs away for work all next week, there will be plenty of time to do the chores...

Sounds like we're all hanging in there, cheers to a week down!

Archived