Antibiotics and Reintroduction Timing - Wait or Go Ahead?

hatk4

I am on day 6 of a 10 day antibiotic regimen and on day 32 of Whole30. My body has been a little off since about day 3 of taking antibiotics but the probiotics I've been taking the past 3 days seem to have helped.    

Do I need to wait until I'm done with my antibiotic regimen before reintroducing foods? If so, do I need to wait extra days for the meds to clear my system?  I will do what I need to do to make this work and need to get a good mental reset to make it.  Days 30-32 have been by far the hardest for me as I've been gearing up for adding foods back into my diet - I am so sick of protein I'm having to choke it down. 

Thanks in advance for the feedback. 

If your body has been "off", I would probably wait till you're done and recovered from the antibiotics to do reintros if you can. The last time I took them (about two years ago), my digestive system was really not right - if I'd been trying to reintro at that point, I wouldn't have been at all sure what was from the meds and what was from gluten/dairy/whatever. So personally I'd wait so that you can conduct a clearer experiment! I don't think there are any "rules" about it, though. As far as extra days, I'd think whenever you feel back to normal after the meds you'd be fine - maybe that's the day after you finish, maybe it's another day or a few.

Archived