Starting June 1st!!!

FeleciaOllila

Hi All.

This will be my first Whole30. I am currently seeing a personal trainer and over 6 weeks have lost about 10 lbs but I know I can do better. I have already cut wheat out of my diet but have fallen prey to other starches such as potatoes and rice. I have also has a couple Gluten-Free ready made snacks that I know just aren't healthy for me. I have Fibromyalgia and Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, both of which make taking care of my 6 month old son painful and extend my recovery times between workouts. After reading the available literature about diet on Whole9 I think this is just what I need to get the inflammation down in my body so I can manage daily life with less pain. 

I am so excited to begin but will be giving myself a little over a week to prepare. I know my husband would never be on board with me. He just can't give up his bread, pizza, pasta, or dairy. I managed to get him to sign up at my gym about 2 months ago...but he has only worked out a handful of times. I go at least twice a week to see my trainer for 45 minutes at a time then do one or two group classes such as Zumba, Aqua Zumba, or Yoga. Between work and school I try to get walks in with my son, Adam and my mom or mother-in-law.

Thank you,

Felecia

post-45790-0-55443100-1400786324_thumb.j

• Moderators

Welcome!

Losing 10 pounds in 6 weeks is a lot. Stop thinking you can do "better." Losing weight fast typically leads to gaining most or all of it back.

The key to losing weight is gaining the cooperation of your hormones by nourishing yourself well and following a good schedule. 

Felecia,

I am also going to be starting my second attempt at a whole30!  I will be starting this Saturday.  My failed my first attempt at this because I don't think I was really mentally prepared for it.  Lately I've been having some health issues... I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis which makes me feel pretty lousy and now on top of that I am suddenly iron deficient.. ruled out celiac so now it looks like I might just have inflammation which is results in a leaky gut.   I can't fail this time... I need to get my health back on track.  My boyfriend who I live with will never be on board with this either so it would be nice if maybe we could share how we are doing with one another and maybe that would be some support/motivation to keep it up!! 

Stephanie

Hi Gang:

I will be starting my third Whole30 on June 1. It's a mid-year, Month 6, re-set for me. I did my last one in January 2014 and need to clean up my diet a bit. Whole 30 works for me because I like the structure and buy into the science behind the plan.

There is another thread also starting on June 1 so we should merge into one place because the more support, the more success.

Enjoy the wine now :)

Betsy

Archived