HELP! I've fallen off and can't get back on!!

I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions or needing help I'm really wanting to changes things and sick of my previous life but have a hard time getting past the bump. So a few days ago I posted about my intense cravings and I learned my body is pretty sensitive to sugar. Which would probably be why I'm addicted to it. I want to jump back in now before 4 months go by and I've gained a lot more weight from binging not only on sweets but regular foods to ( home cooked). While I was doing it I was getting to the point where I would stop eating because I was fully I was able to recognize it and just stop I was amazed and I felt great. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to push through the cravings. What I've learned is I have to seriously limit my sugar although it's natural fruit sugar but to get started is hard and can't seem to quite push through the first day or two well for now just the first day. Anyone experience this or am I a loner?

First, take a deep breath. 

Second, you are definitely not alone; these boards are full of people who are also struggling with sugar cravings. If a lot of them are able to deal with their cravings, so can you.

Third, I'm not sure I understand what is happening. I know you're pregnant and I know you are hungry all the time. This is perfectly normal, and you should be eating as much as you need to; you are allowed to binge on good food. But you also said you were craving a lot of junk food. Are you binge-ing on junk food right now? Is that why you feel you've fallen and can't get back on?

I think this is very normal, especially when you are pregnant. I had crazy sugar cravings during my pregnant W30, so I just looked for healthier ways to satisfy that. A few frozen grapes, etc. I was not as strict with this as when I did a W30 when I was not pregnant. 

More importantly, try not to stress about it or be too hard on yourself. Just jump back in and do your best. Being pregnant is hard! 

Yes I've been binging on non compliment foods. I can't exactly sub with foods that's are complient when I have to many sugars even in natural healthy food and fruits it makes me crave more. I'm just having a hard time getting past a single day I almost made it today.

Sugars in natural healthy foods are okay. It's not good to eat a lot of them, but better to have sweet veggies and fruits than take your sugar through fast food, ice cream, and soda. In time, hopefully you'll be able to cut down, but for now, don't beat yourself up over it.

And try to take this is stages. If you can't stay compliant all day, trying staying compliant at one meal a day, every day. For example, breakfast, or dinner. Build up your strength. Don't try to do it all at once. Then, in time, try staying compliant for two meals. And so on.

Think of this as practice: the more you do it, the better able you will be to get back on track down the line. It's really hard to make a complete overhaul all at once, so achieving a bunch of smaller victories may help your confidence.

Good luck! Keep posting here and we'll keep encouraging you and offering suggestions. 

I feeling alright I've been trying to learn when I eat foods "how do they make me feel" I'm really wanting to start again my problem now is out money is getting tight but I'm considering making the whole family eat this way. We could all use a push in this direction not have them be 100% but for the most part.

Archived