After 47 days, I'm out

Haren.13

Going to do a solid reintro, but I'm done with my whole30 (err, 47). Learned a lot about myself and my food habits. Was hoping to see more change, but for whatever reason I didn't - kept thinking everything would click, but it didn't. I was happier, more energetic, psychologically healthier before whole30, so I'm looking forward to regaining some of that. I'll continue on with lots of veggies but cut back on the meat and fat after reintro. Hopefully I did it long enough to recognize adverse reactions.

I do think I have a dairy sensitivity so I'm curious how that reintro will go.

Tried corn tonight, we'll see how I feel in the am :)

Just an update ~ whole30 is great and healthy in theory, but was a *terrible* idea for me. I knew going in that with a history of bulimia it was dangerous territory, but I plunged in head first anyway. It ended with a major relapse and I feel like I've gained at least 5-10 pounds after really not losing any in the 47 days on the program (not going to weigh myself because holy terrible idea, but my clothes are beyond snug).

Going to give myself a couple weeks to try I get back to "normal" and see if I can get past the constant obsession over food and weight and mirrors, and if all else fails will be getting myself back into therapy, ugh.

So just a word of caution to those with a history of disordered eating :/

Archived