Just found out my multi vitamin is non-compliant

Ausgirl

I do accept that but am very confused as I have seen other posts from moderators where someone has eaten something non-compliant in error and they've said it is ok and to just carry on? And obviously the amount of non-compliant things in a multivitamin is going to be way less than in actual food (as it's only in the capsule not the contents).

Can anyone clarify. I'm not going to start again as it won't be possible for me after day 30, for various reasons I can't be bothered to go into.

So frustrating. Seems a bit ridiculous that taking a multivitamin can undo 12 days of clean living!

Some accidental ingredients require a restart, others don't. Those ingredients that are major gut disruptors are the situations in which a restart is called for. Gluten is one of those ingredients.

EDIT: I would encourage you to finish out your Whole30, sans the mulitivitamin, as long as you can. You are still likely to gain benefits.

Another thing you could try to do is delay your gluten reintroduction for 12 more days. Not sure if your scenario would make that possible but if it does than it is worth it.

Edited because I mis-spoke...see post below.

Hey, so after discussing this with other moderators it appears I spoke incorrectly. For dairy, soy, and gluten our official recommendation is to restart or add days to your Whole30 to have 30 completely clean days.  Your multivitamin also had dairy in it so that was a double reason to restart

Again as Chris said this doesn't mean it has been a waste but we would highly recommend you get 30 completely clean days. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived