I am new to the whole30. I decided to start on Tuesday. I've been doing some research and have seen many very excited about the health benefits. That's all great, but in my situation...my health will benefit by losing weight. I've only seen one person post that they lost weight. Many people posting that on their final days they are actually squeezing into their clothing. It's there anyone who has lost weight, inches? Anything?

um, no, I don't think this is true. The vast majority of people doing the whole30 will lose some weight and inches, especially those who are overweight when they start. Those who don't often feel cheated and talk about their lack of weight loss very loudly and often, so it might seem like there are more people in that situation.

I think the most important thing is to remain open to whatever might happen, to pay attention to how you feel, trust the meal template and give it a real try for 30 days-or longer. I was one of the few who didn't lose during my first 30 days, but I felt better, and I was willing to keep going and sure enough, I did lose about 50 lbs in the following year and I've kept it off. Losing 12 lbs during the whole30 then gaining it back the next month doesn't seem like a better outcome. I prefer this one.

I mentioned in a previous post that I've only cheated once in the 14 days on W30. That cheat was by weighing myself. In 10 days I had only lost 0.2 pounds. I should add, I'm not over weight and my baseline body fat percentage is in the 'very fit' category. While is love to drop 10-15 lbs, but I know that is not realistic.
All this said, I've had numerous changes for the better.
Whole30 had made me aware of how much mindless eating I did all day long. If lick the peanut butter knife after making the kids sandwiches, I'd eat their crusts, little licks, nibbles and bites all day long add up.
My wedding rings are looser.
My skin is unbelievably clear, I'm not wearing foundation.
My hair used to need washing daily because it was too oily, now I can go 4 days without washing it.
My MOOD is so stable. I'm not yelling at my kids!! I have far more patience.
I wake up refreshed. I'm motivated daily to get up and moving.

So as you see, there are a number of changes I've noticed without weigh loss. I'm doing W30 with two friends who both have more to lose than I do, they haven't weighed but say that they feel lighter. Their clothes are much looser.

Good luck! Enjoy your journey.

If you look in the Success Stories section, you will see many examples of weight loss, plus a host of other health benefits. FWIW, I lost 4.2 inches and 5 pounds on my Whole30 last June, and continuing to eat that way for the majority of time thereafter lost another 5-6 pounds/6 inches by early October. 

I am day 28 of my 5th attempt at a whole 30. My attempts before were ruined by stepping on the scales and seeing weight loss and then weight gain so this time the scales have been banished from the house. I know I have gained weight as I feel my clothes are very tight but .... Even though my weight has ruled my life ... I am ok because the cravings have gone and I am eating really lovely meals. I have stopped snacking and am able to go hours between meals . So I am going to go straight to a whole 60 I think as I feel my body adjusting and I know if I step on the scales it will depress me. I saw something on Facebook from whole 9 that really made sense , it was saying concertrate on eating really good clean foods and do not worry about portion sizes at the moment just feed your body.

Many many people lose weight and inches, some more than others. Many report a change in body composition. It seems to depend on the work your body needs to do to heal.

I consider weight loss a side benefit but I lost 16 lbs since my w30 starting April 1. I started in size 10 jeans and now am very comfortably wearing a size 6 in mid-range jeans.

Last year I did a w30 also in April and lost maybe 8lbs. I came into it chronically sleep deprived and my gut health was terrible. I went from a tight size 10 to a size 8 over the 30 days. I wasn't exercising consistently. Nevertheless I loved feeling better. While my body wasn't where I dreamed it'd be, I did lean out and my body composition changed for the better. I 80% stuck with w30 eating till I really fell off the wagon around the holidays.

Of course my psoriasis is not behaving like I'd like now, but that's a different story! Seems every body has a different set of priorities.

Day 29 today and the biggest accomplishment for me has been no bingeing for 29 days. I am feeding myself big meals with very little if any snacking and in the last week have taken fruit out as I was getting very hungry in the evening.

I have not noticed any weight loss , I feel actually either the same or slightly bigger but I have ongoing hormonal issues so I think they are definately playing a part in this. I am eating a handful (large) of coconut in the evening as my fat choice but lately I am returning to the packet during the evening so am going to cut that out for a week and see how that goes. I stopped smoking 7 yrs ago and I only really enjoyed the cigarette first thing in the morning with a black coffee and after my evening meal. I think I replaced the evening cigarette with sugar ! My moods are also much much better I am far more pleasant when I am not letting sugar hijack my body. So even though my clothes are tighter I cannot begin to tell you how great it is to not be consumed with the need to binge 😀.

Archived