Food Processors

leifylove

Hi guys,

I'm starting June 2 and was looking at getting a food processor this week to make some dips and spreads. I was wondering if there are any particular brand of food processor that people could recommend, just kind of middle of the line, nothing to crazy expensive! Paleo on a budget lol.

Thanks!

I have this one:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-pro-classic-7-cup-food-processor-in-white/101774?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_kitchenelectrics_&gclid=CjkKEQjw75CcBRCz2LiEs5OPsZoBEiQADgUma19Pvz5ycZlR-WHq4Y-qDNx4mWncfm1It9C5g2xzI83w_wcB

It still works perfectly for me and I've been using it for 20 years!! 

You can make a lot more than just dips and spreads!  I use the shredder blade for sweet potatoes (for hash), carrots (for cole slaw) and cauliflower (for cauliflower rice).  I use the slicer blade for cabbage (cole slaw).  I use the regular blade for homemade almond butter, for Well Fed's Sunshine Sauce and for lots of other things! 

• Moderators

I stopped using my nice food processor after I bought a stick/immersion blender. I've been making soup in the pot and mayonnaise in a jar with the immersion blender instead of getting the food processor dirty.

I bought an expensive Swiss immersion blender because I love fine equipment, but I hear that ordinary $25 stick blenders work great too.

I got one from macys online ...shipped right to my house and it's a cuisenart also - love it! Use it probably 5-6 times a week...shredding sweet potatoes, making cauliflower and rutabaga rice (my new favorite!). I use a stick blender for sauces and mayonnaise. Those and my spriralizer are my favorite kitchen gadgets that I don't think I could give up!

I recently bought a Ninja Master Prep. Cheap on Amazon and I used it last night for the first time to make mashed cauliflower--came out perfect. The food processor bowl is a little small, but other than that I like it so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cuisinart!

I have two. One is the 9-cup model, and then I have a mini that's about a cup and a half or two cups. I used to use the mini for mayonnaise, until I bought my immersion blender (also a Cuisinart, I'm guilty of a little brand loyalty). I wouldn't ever get rid of my processor. It's too handy for slicing onions and shredding carrots and beets for my favorite salad.

Archived