Whole 28- yay

dcmom

Ok so I did 28 days - which was my initial goal bc of my schedule.  I was pretty paleo and eating fairly healthy to start - so I thought.  I am 5'4" I weighed 121 before and was 20 % body fat.  I dropped to 117.2 and 17.3% body fat in 4 weeks. Also I gained a pound of lean muscle. ( I know some people have posted bigger losses but I figured I would brag a little for those who have less to lose to feel inspired as well.)  The downside is I did not "spot reduce" where I would have liked but as we all know that is pretty impossible.

I was worried when I started I would not see the progress others making a bigger lifestyle change would see but I am happy to report this is great progress for me.  The closer one is to a weight or fitness goal the harder it sometimes becomes.  I feel this jolted me off my plateau re energized me love of cooking, introduced me to a new way of thinking about what I "need" and what I "crave".

I never cheated or gave into a craving and knowing I have that self control if I need it is really empowering.

I am nervous and scared about re-entry.  Tried dairy today in the form of 1/2 cup of icecream and got a massive headache.  HMMMM

Thinking about another whole 30....

Congratulations on a well-done whole28!

I have learned that it is the changes in our minds and hearts that are the most significant. Being self empowered when it comes to food is going to affect so many more areas of your life.

Congratulations on a well-done whole28!

I have learned that it is the changes in our minds and hearts that are the most significant. Being self empowered when it comes to food is going to affect so many more areas of your life.

I totally agree with that, Kmlynne :) I think the most powerful thing is the psychological effect, and that is something we can reap the benefit from right away. It can seem really daunting if there is a lot of weight to lose, but focus on the other things is really helping me.

Congrats dcmom! I am starting my Whole30 tomorrow.

Archived