June 1st Support Thread

CharDoll

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not big on pork, unless it's called bacon, haha.

Same here! I used to like ham, but only with bread, so it's no longer on my list. Mmm, bacon. That's about the only thing I'm looking forward to adding back into my diet after this!

They usually like us to start a new group thread at the end of the 30.  Does someone want to start a July 1 thread and tell us about it so we can plan to move over?  I'm going to have a really stressful July and August as I have two full-time job offers and am going to try both at the same time since they both have a two month probation period.  And one of them has my doctor's station right next to the employee lounge.

Eat some extra dark green leafy things for magnesium! That always helps me when I'm craving chocolate, especially when I'm feeling hormonal.

Thank you!

I need to go pick up some spinach then. Maybe some kale to make chips. Yumm.

They usually like us to start a new group thread at the end of the 30. Does someone want to start a July 1 thread and tell us about it so we can plan to move over? I'm going to have a really stressful July and August as I have two full-time job offers and am going to try both at the same time since they both have a two month probation period. And one of them has my doctor's station right next to the employee lounge.

Doc, do you mean to continue with w30 or a reintroduction thread? I'm going to be away july8-31 in Italy! Need to post in the travel forum... haha.

Only 1 week left! I've really enjoyed this experience but have yet to see any huge changes. I am planning on following the autoimmune disease protocol for a few months to see if I see any changes in how I feel. I will miss eggs and coffee but have been doing some research and bookmarking recipes so I can plan ahead. I will also start training in July for a half marathon that I am running in September. Need to focus more on pre and post workout meals.

I really like waking up every day knowing that I am doing the right thing for my body. Makes this whole thing easier since I have never had any willpower when dieting for vanity's sake. 

Heading into the final days! Who's ready to keep going? Who's ready to open a cold beer on July 1? Who's undecided?

Beer? No. But maybe a dessert.  I want to do reintroduction right this time, but I'll be damned if I forego a Hot Chocolatier pastry while my family is visiting.

My main goal is to be able to really limit desserts. I got into a daily dessert habit before this W30 that was just not okay. I want to have dessert maybe once a week or so, but make it actually worthwhile. And actually, that's how I feel about all of the foods that I've learned to live without on this Whole 30. I don't want to eat Paleo pancakes a couple days per week, nor do I want to eat Yonanas "ice cream" every night. I want the real thing, on rare occasions, so that I savor what I'm eating and really appreciate it (without letting it wreak havoc on my gut and waistline). I am TERRIBLE at moderation (which is part of why Whole30 works for me!), but I want to change that!

With just a week left, one thing I'm worrying about is that I won't see a difference on the scale. I did this to get my eating habits back to what they were pre-baby, but also to help jumpstart weight loss. I'm going to be really disappointed if that didn't change. Any advice from Mods/advanced members on how to get my brain in a better mindset before the final weigh-in?

Only 1 week left! I've really enjoyed this experience but have yet to see any huge changes. I am planning on following the autoimmune disease protocol for a few months to see if I see any changes in how I feel. 

I'm the same as you, I haven't seen much difference but I've enjoyed the experience so far and have some great recipes under my belt. I  gave up coffee and eggs at the beginning of the whole 30 and that hasn't made a difference either. Still, I feel good!

With just a week left, one thing I'm worrying about is that I won't see a difference on the scale. I did this to get my eating habits back to what they were pre-baby, but also to help jumpstart weight loss. I'm going to be really disappointed if that didn't change. Any advice from Mods/advanced members on how to get my brain in a better mindset before the final weigh-in?

Have you seen this article yet?  This woman's weight on the scale did not change, however she doesn't look anywhere close to disappointed in her results. http://everydaypaleo.com/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

Also, focus on all the non-scale successes you've had during your Whole30 journey.

Holy cravings today. oh my gosh. cravings vs hunger. I kept forgetting to ask myself if I wanted fish and broccoli. I must have cause I kept eating roasted cauliflower.

I didn't exercise over the top today but did do lower body leg work  (NOT crossfit heavy but used some weights 10-20 pound range). Wonder if that's why I'm extra hungry.

The cravings or hunger hit after dinner. Thought I ate a pretty big meal which I do but wowzers...I had to eat another bowl of cauliflower an hour later. You know what, now that I type this, I did have to eat lunch on the fly today and did not eat as large a meal as I normally do. perhaps that is catching up to me now.

I don't know why that makes me feel guilty when I eat after the meal 3 timeframe. so dumb I know. because if i don't, i'm setting myself up for a binge which would lead to other stuff most likely. I wish there was a magic pill that would make those issues just go away. it bothers me I beat it away for 15 months and how it sometimes shows it's ugly face time to time the last few months.

I could probably eat more but I put it all away and getting ready to curl up with a book.

Either way I'm glad this day is over and I made it.

Day 25 and there's a retirement party at the office with CAKE AND ICE CREAM! C'mon! Killing me here...

Not to mention, we just sold our house that had been on the market forever, and I'm being considered for a promotion. So many reasons to celebrate! 

5 more days...Stay strong, everyone!

Posting a few days of your food log either here or in a new post in the troubleshooting section would help us help you. 

m1:  homemade pork sausage (pork and sage), two eggs, a cup of brussel sprouts

m2: liver with carmalized onion, red pepper, and green apple and green beans with a balsamic reduction

m3 (pre-workout): tuna with homemade mayo

m4: taco salad (lettuce, sauted onion and peppers, ground beef, compliant salsa, homemade guacamole)

Hey all y'all June 1ers. It's been a mixed bag of stuff here at chez robot. Food all good (some excellent), and some much-needed time with people and away from the computer.

Money's a little tight this week, so I'll be finishing up with lots of sweet potato this week :P it happens.

Heading into the final days! Who's ready to keep going? Who's ready to open a cold beer on July 1? Who's undecided?

I'm looking forward to a glass of red wine.  I'd been drinking a very small glass of wine every night on my drs orders but stopped to do W30.  I miss it!

m1:  homemade pork sausage (pork and sage), two eggs, a cup of brussel sprouts

m2: liver with carmalized onion, red pepper, and green apple and green beans with a balsamic reduction

m3 (pre-workout): tuna with homemade mayo

m4: taco salad (lettuce, sauted onion and peppers, ground beef, compliant salsa, homemade guacamole)

This all looks good though hard to tell what the portion sizes are. The post workout meal of lean protein and starchy vegetables is more important than the pre workout meal so maybe try experimenting with that. What are you doing for your workouts? Is this typical of your meals throughout your W30? You might try adding a starchy vegetable in your day. How many palms of protein would you say you are eating at each meal? You could try scaling back the protein if it is more than a palm's worth and upping the fat a little to see if that helps your satiety.  

Happy day 25, everyone!  :) 

My craving for chocolate went away, thankfully. I added some cashews in after my dinner meal the last couple nights and I guess that helped squash that craving.

I hope everyone has a good day.

This all looks good though hard to tell what the portion sizes are. The post workout meal of lean protein and starchy vegetables is more important than the pre workout meal so maybe try experimenting with that. What are you doing for your workouts? Is this typical of your meals throughout your W30? You might try adding a starchy vegetable in your day. How many palms of protein would you say you are eating at each meal? You could try scaling back the protein if it is more than a palm's worth and upping the fat a little to see if that helps your satiety.  

The sausage is about 1/2 a cup

the two eggs are two eggs. ;)

The liver is the size of two of my palms

The tuna is Trader Joe's can

The taco salad hamburger is about 2 lbs split 8 ways, so 1/2 cup pre-cooked.

I sometimes have root vegtables but I'm 135 lbs weight lost into a goal of 150 lbs lost and I'm really trying to push that over the edge so I've been laying off the starch.

Coconut oil is my no-brakes food. I figured that out on day three.  So I really avoid it. I could eat an entire jar. :P  I cook in olive oil.  I could use more mayo.  Thank you for the feedback!

A day behind but still going strong. I am getting burned out of the dining out experience being Chipoltle's single option though.

I'm just not dining out. I've gone out twice. Once was Chipotle and the other was a hibachi grill.

The sausage is about 1/2 a cup

the two eggs are two eggs. ;)

The liver is the size of two of my palms

The tuna is Trader Joe's can

The taco salad hamburger is about 2 lbs split 8 ways, so 1/2 cup pre-cooked.

I sometimes have root vegtables but I'm 135 lbs weight lost into a goal of 150 lbs lost and I'm really trying to push that over the edge so I've been laying off the starch.

Coconut oil is my no-brakes food. I figured that out on day three.  So I really avoid it. I could eat an entire jar. :P  I cook in olive oil.  I could use more mayo.  Thank you for the feedback!

You've lost 135 pounds? That's awesome!

It's been a few days since I've been able to check in - seems that every time I've been free to log in, the site has been down.
Glad to see it up now, and I'm glad to see you all are still going strong.

Day 25!!  What in the world?
I'm not sure why, but today I just feel really good.

I've been losing weight since switching to Paleo in February.  Before the Whole30, I'd lost 22 lbs, with not so much as a comment from anyone except my dear, sweet mom and my hubby.  However, this past weekend, I have gotten more comments on my weight loss than ever.  Everyone at church on Sunday was asking me how much weight I have lost, and it was interesting to say, "I have no idea" and see their reactions.  

I'm undecided yet about how I will handle things going forward - I'm considering extending this to a Whole 60, although I've also considered just trying to reintroduce the few things I'm curious about (dairy, rice, sugar) and seeing how that goes, then continuing.
If I do reintroductions, I plan to continue with the Whole30 plan 90% of the time with the occasional dairy here or unrefined sugar there... but if I continue this into a Whole 60, my goals would be to really spend some more time focusing on the ways I think about the foods I eat and to continue experimenting with how my body responds to certain things.  I think that I do have some sensitivities still that all of these eliminations haven't resolved, so I'm not sure where that leaves me.

I'm just not dining out. I've gone out twice. Once was Chipotle and the other was a hibachi grill.

I ate chipotle once out of necessity (it was that or eat a lara bar), but otherwise I haven't even tried.  It just isn't worth the trouble.

You've lost 135 pounds? That's awesome!

I lost 135 over eight years before doing Whole30.  AFAIK I haven't lost any weight on this program, but we shall see.

Hello! Had the site been down for everyone else lately? I've hardly been able to get on in several days. 

I woke up on Monday feeling horrible- fever, body aches, and no sense of taste or smell, and no appetite. I mostly ate fruit and nuts on Monday. Yesterday I had some bone broth, fruit, and a normal dinner, just a smaller portion. I had two scrambled eggs this morning and I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner. I know I haven't been anywhere near the template, but I'm ok with that because I haven't eaten anything off plan. I'm starting to feel better, but it always takes a while for my appetite to catch up after I'm sick. 

Not much longer now! What are everyone's plans for reintro? 

Our Whole30 is one day behind everyone else, and our son's first birthday falls two days after that. I think we will do a Whole 31 and use the day of his party to reintroduce dairy. That way we can at least have ice cream :-) After that we will try rice because my husband has a trip to India in the middle of July and he will have little control over the food and rice is definitely on the menu...

Hello! Had the site been down for everyone else lately? I've hardly been able to get on in several days. 

I woke up on Monday feeling horrible- fever, body aches, and no sense of taste or smell, and no appetite. I mostly ate fruit and nuts on Monday. Yesterday I had some bone broth, fruit, and a normal dinner, just a smaller portion. I had two scrambled eggs this morning and I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner. I know I haven't been anywhere near the template, but I'm ok with that because I haven't eaten anything off plan. I'm starting to feel better, but it always takes a while for my appetite to catch up after I'm sick. 

Our Whole30 is one day behind everyone else, and our son's first birthday falls two days after that. I think we will do a Whole 31 and use the day of his party to reintroduce dairy. That way we can at least have ice cream :-) After that we will try rice because my husband has a trip to India in the middle of July and he will have little control over the food and rice is definitely on the menu...

I have been gluten/corn/dairy/soy free for years and do not plan to reintroduce them.  I am looking forward to adding lentils and beans back into my life - I was eating veg'n three times a week before embarking on this.  And I'm looking forward to having a cookie. ;)

Yes, the site has been kinda wonky lately.

For my reintro, I will start with dairy first. I miss it so much. I will be a sad, sad person if it gives me problems!

I had my kids Paleo since January but my husband was resistant to staying compliant when he watched them while I was on my graveyard shifts so I slacked off on them.  Well, they have terrible ADHD and their behaviors have been horrible since I slacked off.  My husband is gone for 10 days until July 5 so the kids and I are strict paleo at least until then, just to prove a point to him.  I expect them to be angels on the day he come home.

I'll be continuing on in July, especially since I fell off the wagon mid month June and had to re-start.

I did figure out what tipped me over the edge - sadly, it was snacking at Costco.  That was historically a family adventure, and with all the bulk buying I am doing at Costco for my paleo diet, I go there more than any other store.  The free samples are very tempting.  I am going to have to start going there early mornings before they can get their stands set up.

Hi. I am not fully ready to ride my own bike. I have the three meals down but need to work on being confident in my size of meals to match my activity levels and body needs.

Whole30 has reintroduced me to Fats! Great quality meats with Fat! Whole eggs! 

What i'm still learning is eating as much as i want/need to proper fullness and not hold back. And I need to nail down the post workout meals. I keep resisting it. It seems weird to eat Post WO meal and then breakfast. I need to just make a big breakfast and split it 1/4 and 3/4. :-)

I've had a couple of off days during this journey so i may have not completed the 30 days 100%, I did eat compliant 3 meals leading up to today and hopefully the next few left! so i followed the template with my meals so far! 

While I have been 98% grain free and dairy free the past few years, i would consider doing reintroductions of certain dairy but only after i extend this whole30 and gain a bit more insight with my relationship with food.

so hopefully we can continue this forum for those that want to keep going a bit longer.

Archived