What's the root of my poor choices post whole30?

@californiagirl & LisaLulu re: the leftover/free food thing ... I struggle with the same thing myself. One thing I try to do is switch from a 'scarcity' mentality to an 'abundance' mentality.  (this can help in lots of areas of life, not just food) ... so I try to remind myself that I *can* afford to eat again later on my own terms, I have the *fortune* to be able to leave food on my plate and have it be ok, etc etc.

I'm looking forward to the re-introduction phase after my 30 days are over. I always suspected I was "addicted" to food, but I could find any explanation of what this meant until now. Reading the Hartwig's book was revolutionary for me, really! First, I am going to enjoy eating the whole30 way. I'm eating more than I've ever eaten, welcoming meat and fats into my diet, surprisingly have no desire to snack (including my decades long habit of eating before bed), and just feel great.

Then, at re-introduction, I'm curious about what dragons I'll discover! I don't think I have any issues with processing any foods (dairy, raw veggies, etc). For me it will be about getting clear on what foods/ingredients create overeating/addictive behaviors in me so I know to avoid them except for occasional planned enjoyment. Now that I understand the 4 rules, it makes it easier for me to change. Knowledge is power!

Archived