30 days - DONE!

nixona1031

This is my first post on the Whole30 forum and I wanted to share my results with everyone after completing my first Whole30.  

I lost a total of 14.5 inches (thighs 3 inches, biceps 1.5 inches, neck 1 inch, chest 2 inches, waist 4 inches, and hips 3 inches <----- my hips don't lie, ha ha ha!) and I lost 8 pounds! Super excited and ready to take on another 30 days.

I can't believe how good I feel!  In the beginning I was still counting calories for about the first week and noticed that I was taking in around 1200-1500/day.  This encouraged me to follow the plan without using the repetition of counting calories and relying on the program of eating whole nutritious foods.  I will be honest and mention that after the first week I did bake up a crisp a couple of times throughout the program (3-4 different varieties of fresh fruit topped with 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/3 c. Earth Balance soy-free butter, 1/2 c. flour and 1 1/2 c. oats with some salt and cinnamon - baked at 350 degrees for 35-40 min.).  So good when topped with whipped coconut milk!

Thank you to the authors of this program, Melissa and Dallas!  This isn't the first success story you've seen and it won't be the last.  Your book and program have changed my outlook on food forever!  I have struggled with my weight and tried WeightWatchers several times and sometimes had success but never learned how and what to eat because points are the key to success in the program.  I'm so excited to no longer be tied down by counting calories, points and other odd-ball programs.  Thank you!  Thank you!  THANK YOU!!!  You're program has helped me understand the importance of what food I use to fuel my body.  I wanted to quickly share: I discovered that dairy (eggs, milk, etc.), soy and nightshade foods don't agree with me and by not consuming them for almost 2 weeks my skin, hair, nails, digestive system and ME feel SO MUCH BETTER!!  :) :) :)  I'm beyond grateful.

Congratulations! Freedom from counting calories is amazing isn't it?

I'm glad you had such great results but I also agree with Glenn and hope you will stay 100% compliant to the rules for your next 30 days. Technically while you made amazingly great strides in your nutrition you haven't really completed the Whole30. I'm not saying this to be mean or anything. Just pointing out that if you don't do the last .2 miles of a marathon you didn't complete a marathon, but you did run 26 miles, which is a huge accomplishment. Now take it all the way home.

Archived