2nd verse, same as the first! KB's restart - 6/1

Cinnaberry74

I am determined to make it past 25 days this time!  I still carry around the disappointment over my last Whole30, but I was a good girl for the week that I waited for this restart.  I'm gonna do this! 

Day 1

Meal 1: 2 poached eggs, thinly sliced prime rib in au jus, pineapple, 1 small avocado, black coffee.

Meal 2: 2 Applegate dogs, compliant mustard and sauerkraut, fresh raw cauliflower salad (with olive oil and balsamic vinegar), 1/2 sliced apple with roasted almond butter dip.  Water.

Meal 3: Roasted herb and lemon chicken, roasted veggies, artichoke, organic green salad.  Sparkling berry mineral water. 

My pics still won't upload.  I guess I used up all my space with pics from my last Whole30 log :(

Day 2

Meal 1: Thinly sliced prime rib in au jus, sautee of organic power greens, onion, acorn squash in EVOO, raspberries.  Black coffee.

Meal 2: Large organic spring mix salad with prime rib, black olives, carrot, celery, cauliflower, cucumber, small avocado, EVOO and balsamic vinegar dressing.  Sparkling berry mineral water. 

Meal 3: Chicken from last night with roasted veggies (asparagus, brussel sprouts, carrots, celery), baked sweet potato.  Water. 

After dinner:  Bowl of grapes, raspberries, blueberries. 

Day 3

Meal 1:  2 over easy eggs, asparagus sauteed in EVOO, 3 slices apple "bagel" with almond butter. Black coffee. 

Meal 2: 3 small romaine leaves with paleo chicken salad (homemade mayo, olives, mango, chicken), chicken veggie soup (quick chic broth, carrots, celery, onion).  Sparkling berry mineral water.  

Snack: small bowl of apple and plantain chips, coffee. 

Meal 3: Paleo shrimp scampi with zoodles, salad (carrot, cucumber, balsamic vinegar, EVOO).  Water.

Day 4

Meal 1: Egg scramble with organic power greens, chicken, black olives.  Handful of red grapes.  Black coffee. 

Meal 2: Leftover shrimp scampi, salad. Water.

Post Workout Meal 3: Spicy tuna salad on cucumber slices, blueberries.  Coffee.

Meal 4: Organic grass fed beef stew (with carrots, celery, onion), over cauliflower mash.  Water. 

Day 5 of restart! 

Today marks 30 days of Whole30 - 25 of the first and 5 of the restart.  I know it doesn't count as much, but it's an accomplishment! 

Meal 1: 2 over easy eggs with Tobasco.  Pan cooked asparagus.  Red grapes. Black coffee. 

Meal 2: Bowl of beef stew and cauliflower mash.  Water.

PreWorkout snack:  Kit's organic fruit bar.  Water. 

Meal 3: Paleo cashew chicken, stir fried with asparagus, onion, celery.  Cold garlic sesame cucumber noodle salad, baked sweet potato.  Water. 

After dinner:  Grapes and herbal tea. 

Day 6

Meal 1: beef stew with fried egg white.  Sweet potato.  Black coffee.

Meal 2: Cashew chicken over green salad, black olives, cold sesame garlic cucumber salad, 2 cucumber bites with spicy tuna.  Water. 

Snack:  grapes, lemon Larabar.

Meal 3:  Dinner at Rubio's and 5 Guys.

Rubio's - Chipotle orange salad with shrimp. (Pan-seared shrimp, mandarin oranges, fire-roasted corn, fresno chiles, avocado slices and black beans on a blend of spring mix and butter lettuce, topped with tortilla strips and white sauce. Drizzled with a chipotle orange vinaigrette and garnished with a lime.) - I omitted corn, white sauce, tortilla strips, and beans. 

5 Guys -  Lettuce wrapped burger with grilled onions, added jalapenos and jalapeno citrus salsa (no sugar).  Unsweetened mango iced tea. 

After dinner:  Apple with roasted almond butter, plantain chips, chai tea with coconut milk. 

Rubio's - Chipotle orange salad with shrimp. (Pan-seared shrimp, mandarin oranges, fire-roasted corn, fresno chiles, avocado slices and black beans on a blend of spring mix and butter lettuce, topped with tortilla strips and white sauce. Drizzled with a chipotle orange vinaigrette and garnished with a lime.) - I omitted corn, white sauce, tortilla strips, and beans. 

5 Guys -  Lettuce wrapped burger with grilled onions, added jalapenos and jalapeno citrus salsa (no sugar).  Unsweetened mango iced tea. 

At Rubio's, did you check what oil they use for cooking the shrimp? Per their allergen menu, soy is in that dish (and in every dish at that restaurant).  You might want to call and check if they use soybean oil. http://www.rubios.com/files/menu/Rubios-Allergen-Chart.pdf?rubios_com_018=0se11epk3c8e93b1bk7jsqqv01

If so, unfortunately, that would require a restart.

At Rubio's, did you check what oil they use for cooking the shrimp? Per their allergen menu, soy is in that dish (and in every dish at that restaurant).  You might want to call and check if they use soybean oil. http://www.rubios.com/files/menu/Rubios-Allergen-Chart.pdf?rubios_com_018=0se11epk3c8e93b1bk7jsqqv01

If so, unfortunately, that would require a restart.

I called Customer Relations. The shrimp is grilled in olive oil, and the soy is located in the black beans, white sauce.... and the dressing which I didn't take into consideration.  Shit.  I give up!!!!!!

:) 

Well, you still have your sense of humor!

It can be really tricky to eat compliant at chain restaurants. Chalk it up to a lesson learned, and call it a Whole36 if that works better for your mindset.

It'll be Whole60 something by the time I'm done with this...lol. I already broke compliancy during our trip to Disneyland last month because of these issues, and ended at day 25. Now restart, and again at 5 days! Lol! My friend told me that 3 times is a charm :-P

I thought I was so happy that there wasn't any gluten, dairy, sugar, beans, corn...lol.

Now going onto the second month of this, I'm perplexed by why this stuff has to be in foods. I'm diligent at home, but didn't care when going out (Except dairy and gluten since I'm intolerant and sensitive). Soy is everywhere, I'll be damned.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to whip up some mayo....lol. At least my tuna is just water and fish!

• 2 weeks later...

Kariann, One word of advice.. Dumb it way down. Literally, a plain piece of protein, veggies, fruit and fat. Don't drizzle anything, don't wrap anything. Just go to a restaurant and get a piece of protein grilled. Tell them to use NOTHING on it. Let the meat taste like meat. It is bland and boring at first but truly, the key to success is KISS. Keep it simple, stupid! :)

Archived