9 June Start

dcducks1

Hola Chimichangas,

I expect that most of you will be late to the party today after your 4th celebrations yesterday-in spite of the conspicuous absence of the Captain and his many delicious friends. Obviously. living in Europe there are no shindigs here for July 4th, I try not to think too much about it because it makes me a touch homesick. The fireworks, the drunken hillbillys down by the river, the eating of the cake of funnel. Its all good and all missed. Likewise Thanksgiving, I've had ersatz celebrations here in the past but I think it only makes the distance more acute, so I have shelved that for a while. Maybe one of these years we can manage a fourth in the states and my kids can experience it firsthand. We have lots of family in northern MI with summer lake houses, I gotta score me an invite. Or maybe I can hit up my cousin in Palm Springs for a couple days of family fun times. I've never been to Cali. 

Actually, most of the travelling I have done is in Europe, I've seen very little of the U.S., apart from the Midwest and a little of the East Coast. That's a sad state of affairs and reparations must be made.

No story per se for today. Yesterday I brought the kids to the mall to try to get pyjamas for the two little people (they are HARD on pyjamas for some reason) and I found the experience to be most unpleasant. Well, more unpleasant than usual. There was absolutely nothing I could eat anywhere there. I went to a food store with a good reputation and could not even find a salad that didn't contain sugar. WTF? I'm not talking about sugar in the dressing people, it was IN THE SALAD. This was as distressing as discovering that some trail mix I bought the other day had sugar as the 3rd ingredient. Before coconut. Which is highly visible in the mix, indicating a sugar level of candy-like proportions. I hate how the great corporate business interests are infecting people with this poison and trying to cast it in the light of a healthy choice.

On the upside though, my Mom asked to me to look into AIP for her and her Rheumatoid Arthritis. Its a step. I think it will take her a while to open her mind to the possibilities of this way of eating, the idea of whole grains being a bountiful natural source of all things desirable is deeply ingrained (ha!) in her She's also a sugarholic in denial (she thinks because she has reduced the amount of sugar she adds to anything that consuming it at every meal is less of an issue...we all know about that kind of bargaining, don't we?)

I'm getting mad at the government-again- for selling people out on nutrition. I'm getting mad at stores for exploiting people's addictive tendencies and selling them a pup. I'm getting mad at TV nutritionists who talk a lot of hooey about food and neglect to use their mental faculties when analysing diet industry sponsored research. I feel like a sad whispering voice in a maelstrom. Hey Dallas and Melissa, if you're listening, thanks for putting this out there, despite the avalanche of crap and spite and delusion it must have brought your way. I appreciate it. It must be a consolation to see so many of us who stumble through this door, worn and tired and heavy-limbed, walk upright into the world.

Heavy today. Yeesh. If it helps, I am wearing a tutu and a santa hat while I type my diatribe.

Good job on doing nothing Dave. Its a high achievement for a high achiever.

Have fun with your Dad Higs, work him til he earns that pinot. I loved Bellas felfie.

Miki, your 4th sounded pretty damn heavenly...I know how you feel about the older ones, my 16-year-old seems to appear from her batcave only when she requires funds or feeding. And although they are exhausting, my tinies are an endless source of joy and hilarity. The things they say and do expand my heart every time I look at them. Little punks.

CC and Rick, now you are just showing off. I kid because I love. Well done and keep it up.

Deb dear, you know I always keep it spicy up in this joint. Today's IOD aint no thang (every time I type IOD I think of a coil being fitted. Yup, that's where my mind always goes.)

The summit is in sight! Avast ye mateys, man the starboard bow!

Rose 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife's birthday is tomorrow but we will be spending the day driving our 15 year old to Towson University where he will spend the week doing computer programming. So, today we are heading to Shark's Tooth Island in the boat....three boys, wife, two dogs, and me! I have several friends who are also planning on meeting us out there to help celebrate today. Should be a pretty easy day. Hope everyone is fine and nobody lost any fingers playing with fireworks yesterday!

We didn't go anywhere last night and didn't even watch fireworks on TV......it was perfect! The boys didn't much care to go either and everyone was pretty laid back and tired for whatever reason. My shoulder is not doing much better but at least it feels squishy. My appointment is a week from Monday....seems like a long way off.

By my calculations, we are coming to the end around the 9th. I feel pretty solid but don't feel like I have lost much weight this time around. That's fine, I plan on continuing to eat this way and incorporating exercise back also................but the shoulder has to mend first.

Anyway, time to start packing the boat up and getting teenage monkeys out of bed. Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Morning Dave, Rose and DC,

Please don't think me a horrible person, but if I never cook again, it will be too soon. I suppose the takeaway is I eat out too much. I know from experience that no matter how healthy the restaurant, there are always hidden ingredients. I've learned I don't metabolize nuts (and they are eating triggers for me). No nut butters. I think I still need to give up eggs, but just can't make myself do it yet.

My first add in shall be Parmesan cheese. I make a salad that sings to me, Grilled shrimp over arugula and artichoke heart (cooked and cooled), Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, a touch of fresh lemon and it begs for a sprinkle or two of cheese, so July 10th, I will have it and I will NOT have a reaction, I promised myself. I think I'm going to continue to add dairy. I'm pretty sure I have a problem with some dairy so will add one dairy at a time until I experience uncomfortable issues.

Walked to the beach with kids yesterday (3 miles round trip) and saw several fireworks displays. It was very enjoyable.

Today it is off to the gym, then Lowes for soil and new flowers for the back yard. I will have a relaxing eve and then repeat close to the same for Sunday and then back to work on Monday. Am trying desperately to get back in the habit of going to the gym in the AM, so I get it done, and then if I do something in the eve, it is a bonus.

I have to say that in the true spirit of the Whole 30, I wasn't compliant. I never got to the 3 meals. I still use food as a comfort, even if it's cold grilled shrimp, I use it as a comfort. I didn't lose weight because my clothes are still tight. I love that so many lost weight and a little envious, but in truth, having my pain level so low is almost worth more (almost).

Dave, glad you are honoring your wife in such a fine fashion. I love hearing about all these nice relationships, it gives me hope.

Okay, off to my day. will get more shrimp (I do love my shrimp) and DC, I'm going to try the lemon parsley zucchini (I'm add broccoli too). I'm cooking enough shrimp for two or 3 days.

Hugs to all for a wonderful summers day...looks to be a scorcher (california standards) today. SUNSCREEN.

Miki

I have to say that in the true spirit of the Whole 30, I wasn't compliant. I never got to the 3 meals. I still use food as a comfort, even if it's cold grilled shrimp, I use it as a comfort. 

To clarify, as long as you eat food that is within the Whole30 rules, you are compliant. 

Eating three meals a day is a recommendation, not a rule.

Eating for comfort vs. hunger is not breaking a rule - again, it's not recommended, in order to obtain best results.  It's something to pay attention to, in order to learn from it and move in the direction of food for satiety vs. food to soothe.

Take a look at this article on How to Do the Perfect* Whole30 for more details.

Good morning, all.  I have a few minutes to check in since Dad still hasn't emerged.  Yesterday we had an expedition to the hardware and store and stocked up on everything needed for today's projects, but mostly we hung out.  We did manage to do small things (fixed a broken cupboard door and fixed a toilet paper dispenser that had broken off the wall).  Then the pinot came out and work stopped and I sure enjoyed that club soda with lime.  The sockeye salmon (fresh and wild!) was simple and lovely, and I turned Dad on to cauliflower rice, which he loved.  The chores we managed are however not yet up to Dave's standards, so we have quite the project list to tackle today.  Up and at 'em, Dad!  The chainsaw awaits!

Tomorrow as our reward we'll head up to Mt St Helens with the masses on a holiday weekend to enjoy the spectacular volcano views and the wild flowers that are going to be abundant.  I'm excited to do a good hike on the mountain - lots of excellent choices of hikes with different geological features, and the weather should be clear so the views will be awesome.

Dad is very interested in Whole30 because he deals with colitis and is on a lot of medications for various age-related things, and has tried other elimination diets in the past so we had a lot of discussion last night comparing the different plans.  My goal is to convince him how great the W30 plan is by all the amazing food he gets to eat all weekend.  He is a fabulous cook and loves to eat.  I figure I can put duck fat in everything (right, Deb?) and convert him.

Did I say yet that he's turning 77 this year?  This past winter I went cross-country skiing with him and he skied circles around me.  He is fit and active and is such a role model to me.

The other cool thing from yesterday is that I got a text from a very good friend who wants to start his first W30 with me in August.

My evangelizing is working!!

CC, you and Rick and your bike adventures are so impressive.  Not only do you look the part, you ARE the part!  You two are beasts!

Dave, good job doing NOTHING yesterday.  And I love your plans for next steps.  Last year when I was trying to heal my IT band and tendonitis in my shoulder and a tweaked lower back, I felt like there was nothing I could do for exercise...  but I could walk, and I could do PT exercises.  It was so hard to stay motivated, but YOU of all people can do this.  

Deb, I am so sad I won't have a chance to fully peruse your spice suggestions for today.  We're having lamb tonight, and I wanted to make the spicy rogan josh from Clothes Make the Girl but I don't think giving Dad all that spice before a big hike would be a good idea.  So I'll save the spicy IOD (Rose:  me too) for another day.

Rose, when you make it to the states, swing by Oregon for a visit. It's not THAT far from California.  Portlandia is quite the rage here in the states these days and well worth a visit.  Ummm, who puts sugar in salad?  That's bizarre.  And gross.  It has been eye-opening to me that sugar is in almost EVERYTHING.  I am happy to hear that you're in tutu and santa hat, which will undoubtedly make it all better.

Anyway Dear Team 69 all, go go go!  We are so close!  I am noticing symptoms I didn't even know I had disappear (the latest:  apparently I used to get frequent headaches, and I only noticed by their absence), and I feel SO good.  I don't think I've lost much weight if any, but I'm not really minding because I feel great.  Happy weekend to all!  I'm so proud of us.

I feel SO good.  I don't think I've lost much weight if any, but I'm not really minding because I feel great.  Happy weekend to all!  I'm so proud of us.

Yay!   I'm observing everyone shine.   It's your time.   I love geology, watching the seismo's...

Chris, great info. Wish I had it earlier in the game, but I doubt it will be long until I try again and don't think I will stray too far anyway, but you never know, I have to be very careful to not get "turned on" by food.

Higs, good job on your converting. Your dad sounds awesome, that is how we'll all be at 77 now that we know how to treat our bodies.

Off to the gym. first time in 3 months, wish me luck.

Is anyone else feeling just a bit sad to see it end? I know we're going to keep in touch etc., but there is something eerie about the end.

Meadowlily - how are you doing? Have you added anything back in. Any reactions?

Higs - I think it is so interesting that we notice things after they're gone. I've had itching, drainage and a sore (from itching) in my ear for a year or so, just figured it was environmental allergans, but it appears it is food. Same with sinuses, and dry skin...I think these whole 30 folks are onto something. I was Vegan for 6 months and many things improved, but I just didn't feel so good and had lots of itching (didn't lose weight on that either, but cholesterol dropped by 100 points in two months ).

Miki

Last night I won the award for "Most annoying dinner guest. Ever."

I mentioned we were going to a friend's for chicken and kale salad. When we walked in, they were making the salad, and I hear, "Ok, next we need the feta cheese." So my mind starts swirling. Do I say something? Do I not eat the salad? Do I eat around it?

In the nicest way I said, "Could you put some on the side for us, before you add the feta?"  

Them: SURE! No problem. It has quinoa in it, that's not a problem, is it?

Me: Well.....   actually, we're doing no grain.

Them: Oh, ok! The salad dressing has ingredient, ingredient, ingredient, and 2 Tablespoons of honey. That's ok, right?

At this point, I feel like a jerk.  They were nice about it, but oye vey!!! I was mortified.

So what I learned here was, you can go out to lots of restaurants on the whole 30, you can have your friends over to your house on the whole 30, but they better be GOOD friends if you are going to go there and start giving instructions!

Miki - I'm glad the moderator stepped in on your statement about the perfection.  I'm looking forward to reading that article!

Higs - glad you're being so productive today and enjoying your dad!  My dad died of a heart attack at 53.  His diet was a mess (that was not the only problem) but I've been thinking about him a lot on the whole 30, and how much better he could have felt if he had tried it.

Dave - enjoy the boating day - I hope that takes your mind off the shoulder. Glad you rested it up yesterday!

Deb et al, I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Magic Mushroom Powder from Nom Nom Paleo?  I bought the Porcini mushrooms, but I'm afraid of messing it up because they cost a bar of gold!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Am I the only one who thinks magic mushroom powder is wrong, wrong, wrong?

Must just be me.

Off to Bed, Bath & Beyond  - my shower curtain has lived it's last life.

Lowes for soil and pretty flowers, may end up planting tomorrow, but will have them.

Have a movie, Jacuzzi and a new autoimmune cook book to peruse...Watch out DC, about to step into your amazing territory...but don't worry, I won't afford you any real competition, just enough info to be dangerous.

Lots of energy today!

Miki

Sadie,

So sorry you're feeling punk today, that's no fun.

I think I got hit with a dose of Dave. First trip back to the gym was a huge success, then went to target, came home, unloaded - went to BB&B, Kohls for new "unmentionables", what the heck do they put in them nowadays, GOLD. Then off to spend my gift cert from Lowes. Got potting soil for a new area of the garden. bought which roses, Jackaroo, and all sorts of pretty flowers. Just had a chicken & arugula salad with onion and lemon and now am ready to tackle the planting.

I'm pretty sure after that I'll need to laydown, watch a movie, do jacuzzi and hit the hay, but that's okay, because Sat and Sun (this week) are MOMMY days.

miki

Guys, our IOD (and I know, it is a weird acronym lol) for tomorrow is really simple, it is – LOVE!

When you’re prepping your food just think good thoughts into it! It makes a huge difference to everything! No cranky cooking!

Here are a couple of great links about putting positive intentions into your food:

Put a Little Love into Your Food and Cooking

http://www.generationrescue.org/latest-news/treatment/put-a-little-love-into-your-food-and-cooking/

I Love You, Food – The Power of Intention on What We Eat

http://www.sabrinabolin.com/i-love-you-food-the-power-of-intention-on-what-we-eat/

Buddhist Monks Bless Tea With Good Intention – Here’s What Happened

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/02/23/buddhist-monks-bless-tea-with-good-intention-heres-what-happened/

This is a lovely documentary (I have seen it) about zen and the art of cooking

COOK YOUR LIFE  - EDWARD ESPY BROWN OF THE TASSAJARA ZEN RETREAT CENTER

http://www.amazon.com/Cook-Your-Life-Edward-Brown/dp/B0014BQR74

So – love and positivity into whatever you eat and drink tomorrow, more than ever!

Enjoy this little experiment. 

Miki – CONGRATS on the gym, that is a huge achievement. Love all your gardening – Dave is rubbing off for sure ;-)  Your 4th sounded perfect! 

Sadie – boo, so sorry you’re feeling bad, can you track it back to anything specific?

Abby and CC, I haven’t tried the MM powder but have def seen her recipe,I’m not a big mushroom person. I will say that while I love NomNom and bought her book, budget is definitely not a consideration for her! The short rib recipe - it would have cost me 60 bucks just for the meat! I cut the meat in half and the recipe was still great. 

CC, I feel you on being a guest. It is really hard. But I also made myself sick (very sick) eating dairy last Thanksgiving at my friend’s house because I didn’t want to be the weird difficult girl who wouldn’t eat the trifle. In fact I’m planning a trip to the Bay Area where said friends are and while I love staying with them, I think I’m going to get a place on Air B&B just so I can make my own food. And then hopefully meet people out for compliant meals. Its one of those really tricky things. 

Dave, yes, so glad you rested up . Hope it’s a lovely day today.

Meadow that was a great link. And free falling I love.

Higs, so glad you are having a good time with your Dad, I bet he will be a total convert by the end of the trip and yes duck fat is the answer to everything.

Rose I so agree with you; the sugar in the salad thing is alarming. The corn syrup thing is even more alarming.  And yes COME to CA! Palm Springs is super fun (but not in summer). I went to Northern Michigan for work two years ago (fishing show) and totally fell in love with it. It is gorgeous and the people there are so lovely. So that's gorgeous too. But there are so many beautiful spots in the great US of A. The Pacific NW is definitely worth a visit as Higs says. Portland, the Oregon coast, Seattle, and further north - the San Juan Islands are lovely, and Vancouver is just super. But you have to come to SoCal because the kiddos need to go to Disneyland! 

Anyway everyone, enjoy your Sunday of loving food! 

And to close, here's a pic of me frolicking in the ocean today!! It was a spectacular day on the Pacific today. Five months ago I was weak as a kitten and in a hospital bed, so I am very very #grateful.

post-44893-0-73420600-1404602029_thumb.j

Greetings you compliant cupcakes you,

Holy to the moly, can you believe this is day 28? I was ticking off the days on my calendar this morning (I had forgotten since friday, it was supposed to be a motivational tool, but turns out the best motivation has been this forum) and I couldn't help but goggle slightly at the proximity of day 30. I'm with Miki, its slightly shocking that we're so close to the end.

I know a lot of us haven't particularly lost weight on this trip (I admit to having no idea about my scale numbers because of previously mentioned aversion to the tyranny of scales, and I failed to measure before starting), but it is so heartening to me to hear what everybody is gaining. The clearing up of strange little physical annoyances, improved overall health, reduction of medications, people in less pain or no pain...its really pretty damn sweet. And you know, moving freely leads to more moving, which inevitably leads to a better physical carapace. Its the road we're on and when the trip is fun it doesn't matter if the way is winding. You are such a *beautiful* group of people, and if I had really thought through what I would wish for people I like so much, it would have been health and happiness, never some sort of Beyonce style transformation into a skinnier version of the same person (with all the same problems in that scrawnier package). So yay us. Every one of us.

I can feel my naughty little mind trying to throw off the brakes at the moment, straining toward the perceived freedom of Wednesday and planning in secret what it thinks its going to feed my poor body. Wrong brain, not gonna happen. We're doing reintro properly and then we're going to stick with foods that make sense and don't hurt. I have a couple of recipes earmarked in my many cookbooks- many, many, many cookbooks-  that I will use to introduce various things, and I do plan a pancake breakfast (paleo-style) and drinks with friends next weekend to celebrate one of my college friends' 30th happy birthday. Weird to think he's not the kid of the group anymore. I now have no friends in their 20s...and quite a few in their 40s and 50s. I love how amplified people's inner voice becomes as they age, its fascinating and fantastic to see somebody really inhabit themselves. Then again, seeing my daughter and her friends and the hope and creativity they combat the world with is equally astonishing to me. For a misanthrope I sure do like individual people.

I'd love to see all the places you guys mentioned and then some, the Southwest, Montana, New Orleans, Savannah in the Spring, I could go on and on. What I would really love to do is bring the kids to the states for a couple of years (not forever, I do love living in Ireland and the schools here are brilliant) so they can experience the other side of their heritage and culture. My Dad isn't getting any younger either, it would be nice to see more of him. There are always things I want to do, I have no shortage of imagination for new life experiences. I told my daughter that the day the last little person leaves for college will also be the day I pack my backpack and head off on a world tour.

Keep up the incredible work everybody, its great to still see so many faces at the finish line.

Love,

Rose

Hi guys I've been reading but was away for a few days and unable to post. My eating while away was a challenge as I had gone away with my ex -mother-in-law and kids and was uncomfortable in coming too prepared. Day 1 of the trip and I thought all was over for sure as I watched the others eat pastries and scones and all things delicious. We were at a historic park, with no whole30 compliant food to be seen, I thought all was lost until at last at 3:00pm I happened across a fruit salad, far from optimal but at least allowable food. That's pretty much how the last 3 days have gone, last meal of the trip was a late lunch on the road (3pm) where I sat and watched the others tuck into KFC while I ate fruit. My protein and any semblance of a balanced meal was worst for lunches but I will be back on track tomorrow. While disappointed with the balance of my meals I'm so glad I managed my time without eating any non compliant food. Made me realise I could certainly handle well planned time away from home with the kids if it was just us.

Deb thanks for the photo share (and all overs who have posted photos too)!

All - what a busy past week it has been for me and I sincerely apologize if there is anyone out there that feels like I have not been giving enough back to the group. I have been a little selfish with my time the past few days. It has been a fun week doing things with my boys (movies, boating, tubing, cruising in the hot rod, etc). I was able to get my middle son his Learners Permit and allowing him more time to drive. My youngest is also getting some time behind the wheel even though he has a couple more years to go.

Shoulder is giving me fits but its just because I am impatient and want to do things NOW! My to do list is a BEEN DONE list and the last few days have been wonderful just relaxing and watching things happen. We take our youngest to Towson University today and drop him off for a week long school for computer programming (Java). He has always been interested in this sort of stuff so we buckled down and spent the money (enough for a small vacation) so that he could go. It will be about 2.5 hours each way so I need to make sure I have plenty of cashews, pine cones, dirt, etc. for the trip. Kind of bummed that I am back to work tomorrow, but there is plenty to do and I need to get as much done before my vacation starts at the end of the month.

I will start a new forum for us all tomorrow or Tuesday so that we can stay in touch and I have a way of yelling at everyone to clean something or "GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!

Cara - welcome back....nice job on your trip!

Rose - funny as always! Be careful not to set your sights on garbage eating as soon as this is over. You have made great progress and I want you to continue. If you come to the Washington DC area.......I will meet you somewhere else.......like Phoenix...or San Diego.......I am not a big fan of the East Coast.

Miki - so glad you had a restful weekend, you needed it. Glad you got some expensive panties........everyone was wondering when you were going to trade those things in. Glad you didn't get your errands mixed up and tried to buy them at Lowes. I recently bought my wife some and I thought they must be jewel encrusted.......geez!

Deb - glad you are finding strength and happiness. I can only wish the best for someone with such a fantastic personality!

Higs - I think I will be like your father when I grow up.......I want to come to my kids homes and fix everything while I am there. Come stay with them for two weeks and completely gut their bathroom and re do it! Fun stuff.

CC - what a sticky situation. I feel for you. It sucks when you are in that position but it also gives us the ability to feel what it's like when someone comes to our house and they are going thru a diet or health challenge. It never hurts to be able to empathize/sympathize with others.

Meadowlily - keep on keeping on with your fantastic journey of dancing and feeling great. I was so proud of your results that you shared......exceptional......but I kind of knew you would outshine the group. You are a true example for us and your family. It sounds like your tribe has a new spiritual leader when it comes to eating right and finding happiness.

As always, have a great day.....I'm not asking....IM TELLING!

Dave

Good Morning Folks,

Dave, I know you're a few years younger than me, but I truly don't know how you do it. I'm pretty sore today and have more gardening I want to do, so will forge ahead. I'm feeling very bloated today. maybe not enough water yesterday, odd how that works.

Deb, I don't want to go in the kitchen today, that is how I want to love myself, but I also don't want to have to figure out how to eat out, sigh. I may go to a seafood market I heard about in Pedro. I have veggies marinating so I could add some shrimp on the bbq and eat out back in my newly manicured back yard.

I had my first wild parrots yesterday, way to exciting. I plan big sunflowers every year to attract them. My first year was the best. I would have 20 or so in my sunflowers eating away and I could get within 4 feet and take pictures. This year I putting a bowl of sunflower seeds next to the plants and hopefully that will attract more. Don't have the nerve to stand with seeds in my hand yet.

Cara - great job on your weekend. I don't honestly think I could do that. In all honesty I've become a bit of a recluse trying to hang in there (other than my -"no food allowed hikes" and I really don't know how to hang with the group without my Dirty M and snacks. Now I could totally do smoked salmon on cuc with guac (great find this trip) but in all honesty, the dirty 30 just ain't quite the same.

Rose - there has been a lot of trash talk going on in my head. Yesterday I just needed something so I had a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts, roasted in the micro....enjoyed them, but within 30 minutes my ear started itching. It appears that is my beloved nuts and truly if I could eliminate the itching by giving up nuts, I will (and I will make exceptions for a couple of foods that just aren't the same for me without nuts and deal). But the amazing thing to me is that when we add in just one food...we get it, loud and clear. I still have some pain (definitely improved) so purchased the Paleo autoimmune cookbook and will try to start bonding with a little more cooking in my life.

Have a 7:30 am walk with the neighbor for black coffee and wheat grass shot at the beach. If you've never had wheat grass it's like a shot of Dave for 3 hours, amazing energy boost. Then a walk with my niece this aft and will go to the gym. It was so fun being back at the gym yesterday, I honestly love it especially when I get to the sauna...ahhhh.

Okay, off to start my day. You folks are my strength, inspiration and comfort. Thank you for sharing your precious time with me.

Hugs

Miki

Dave, posting at the same time. YOU NEVER LET THIS GROUP DOWN, you're the best. Will you take my son driving...I'm having a hard time getting him out, maybe tonight. My eldest said he feels he's not doing it perfectly and therefore is frustrated, sigh. My little OCD perfectionist is SO hard for me to understand. I keep trying. I will keep my "dad persona" on as much as possible and see if I can get him through this.

Good for you in supporting your sons passions. I don't care what your wife say, I think you are one of the best husbands and dads I've run across in many years and I'm proud to call you my dirty 69er.

hugs

m

Miki - "I don't care what your wife says, I think you are one of the best husbands and dads I've run across in many years".............wait.......did my wife say something? Has she been getting on this forum and talking bad about me....AGAIN! Damn it!

Miki - keep up the exercise......your body will be sore if you don't exercise frequently......keep at it! Please send your son to Maryland, I will whip him into shape, get his driving under control and send him back a new man (with many do-it-yourself and cleaning skills).

Dave

Higs - So nice to have your Dad with you- projects, food, fun, bounding- sounds glorious!

Lily - thanks for sharing the success story- very encouraging and happy to hear you are doing so well-

Miki - I loved hearing about your wonderful day- there is something very therapeutic about digging in the dirt, Jackaroo? I'll have to look that up

CC- I thought eating out was a bit difficult, can't imagine trying to eat at a friends, especially when they were trying so hard to please-

sounds like you handled it well  - I have had some of that here with my mom and husband but it's easy to tell them, even if they don't understand

Deb - Loved your frolicking picture - healing with food - WOW! You give me hope.

I wasn't able to put my finger on the cause of my bad day - I slept until 6pm (4 hrs) woke up - fixed supper, cleaned the kitchen and back to bed, watched a couple of NCIS reruns  and back to sleep, slept all night - up a 6:30 this AM, rested but no 100% I have looked over the protocol  again and mainly I only eat foods that are in blue and am also following the auto-immune list in my cookbook from Mickey T - I have continued to eat leftover meat, beef bacon, avocado and coffee, but I have done that the entire Whole 30-

I will finish out this 30 days and then decide if I should eliminate any or all of the above, except I haven't figured out how to work and eat compliant and not eat leftover cooked meat - I just don't have the time to cook each meal. Plus as I understand the histamines grow in uncooked meat as well so what's a girl to do - I sure can't cook it if it isn't thawed -

I probably just need to stay the course and give my body time - ?

Cara - your trip sounded very hard to me - I am impressed with your ability to stay compliant, I like fruit but I NEED protein or I get weird and not so pleasant to be around - My hats off to you!

Off to the grocery store- ice box is looking a bit empty-

have a wonderful Sunday and Day 28

PS> Deb, I have fallen in love with leeks- I had never had them before, but they are my new best loved food -

Archived