9 June Start

dcducks1

I find my mind wandering a lot. Ruminating about the freedom that envelopes me, Wondering if I want to experiment with a Paleo lifestyle, or stay whole 30. Wondering how I continue to a point that I actually start losing weight like others. 

I did a mondified yoga class at lunch. NO LUNGES, but lots of down dogs, happy babies and hip thrusts (a little material for Dirty Ducky). 

Deb, I want to do a challenge, but not sure I have the heart to commit to 30 days of anything right now. The boss comes into town next Wed and my life will run a little amuck after that (as usual). I'm sure there will be sometime when she is gone for a month, then maybe I'll do another autoimmune whole 30 and a yoga challenge at once....will need a lot of Dirty M's to make that commitment.

I am far less worried about what to eat or that I need to eat because I can't eat for anther 5 hours. I've noticed that I've eaten a lot less today, I'm less hungry and I'm more satisfied, but still compliant...man-oh-man it is all in my head.

MIX

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I popped back over here! I would have missed a lot of good stuff!  

Deb and Higs and Dave - Loving the pictures!

Higs - congrats on the weight loss! 

I have more to report, but will pop over to re-entry for that.

PS - we're in for a get together, wherever you schedule it. We're travelers!

Miki/CC we could go glamping!

Mik - I hear ya re challenges. I was thinking of maybe just doing a "100 Happy Days" that I see people doing on Instagram. 

Post a pic every day of something that makes you happy. 

I may do it although I have been social media -averse for the last 6 months. 

Hey ho,

Just a shortie on here because I'm also posting on the other side. A leg in two camps, again I straddle the fence of life. What a bunch of cuties you all are, I love seeing your photos. Mikimouse, can't believe how much you trust us either. Particularly Dave, he's very sketchy. But I am so glad that you do and I think your openness is an incredibly endearing and delightful quality.

Thank you Sadie, for sharing something so personal and difficult. I for one have never had any trouble following your drift, and as a former editor, I'm a pedant and a stickler, so you get my trophy of the day. Its a weird looking fish on a metallic plinth (its plastic, coated in fake gold but it looks the part). Massive props to everyone. We are the best. It is official.

Rose

Hey ho,

Just a shortie on here because I'm also posting on the other side. A leg in two camps, again I straddle the fence of life. What a bunch of cuties you all are, I love seeing your photos. Mikimouse, can't believe how much you trust us either. Particularly Dave, he's very sketchy. But I am so glad that you do and I think your openness is an incredibly endearing and delightful quality.

Thank you Sadie, for sharing something so personal and difficult. I for one have never had any trouble following your drift, and as a former editor, I'm a pedant and a stickler, so you get my trophy of the day. Its a weird looking fish on a metallic plinth (its plastic, coated in fake gold but it looks the part). Massive props to everyone. We are the best. It is official.

Rose

Hi guys.

Sadie- you do an amazing job with your posts I would never have guessed. So please never stress about posting here I for one love your contribution.

Miki- I would not be chasing naked Gi Joe, he may have large feet but otherwise he looks far from well endowed. On a more serious note I too thank you for your honesty. I've always been a very private person and am so impressed when people can give so freely of themselves.

Deb- can I come glamping too? Sounds fun but a long commute :D. Hope you had more dinner than lunch options and are coping with such long days.

CC- you have me intrigued with your promises of more to tell.

Dave- very impressed by your handy skills, beautiful craftsmanship.

Rose- love seeing your pic and your gorgeous kids.

CC, Higs, Rick and all that have posted your results so impressed! Mind you impressed with how all have done and to think several of you have done 2 rounds. Wow!

Okay as for my results:

As previously stated I have not noticed a lot of physical results but a workmate and friend swears that my eyes have changed colour. As a young person they were dark brown, changed to a hazel / brown in my late teens and now the green seems to have increased and the brown decreased.

Weight loss: down 3.9kg (8.6 pounds)

Measurements:

Waist down 4.5cm

Right & left arm both down 1cm each

Chest down 5cm - okay this is a negative, the one place I don't need to lose weight ;-)

Right and left thigh both down 3cm each. Okay off to check the other thread and a big hello to the many of you I have missed.

Stats

Lost 5.5 lbs, 7.5 inches

Skin looks better

Energy level is improved

Sleeping better- still usual wake up a couple times a nite- but go right back to sleep

Night sweats gone

Emotional level seems more even

Have breaks without a headache

You guys are all rock stars , except for naked GIJoe- he doesn't have the look of a man that would have too much personality , probably a bit hard headed as well-

Miki - I would walk on by -

I have known Naked GI Joe for many years. He is a little on the quiet side......but an excellent listener. He has made many deployments around the world with me and YES.....I LOVE the look on the Custom Officials faces when I am in a foreign country and they would pull it out of my military backpack! CLASSIC! We deployed many times to the Carribean and South AMerica doing drug interdiction.......the guy is a legend down there. As far as his "manhood"...........he's obviously not embarrassed to show himself!

Sadie - congrats on your success! Glad to see you have found benefits from your efforts.

My sleep is horrible! My shoulder is a complete mess and makes a night of rest almost impossible. I think my wife punches it during the night. Miki - you can take the pin(s) out of the voodoo doll anytime now!

Dave

Thanks Chris! I would assume that since we have the best, (of all time), group in W30 history (1000 replies and tens ofthousands of views) we will all be getting the VIP package sent to each of us with spa treatments, free W30 compliant food, t-shirts, new cars, free puppy, oil change coupons, free internet for a year, Pinecone and dirt-of-the-month Club membership, lifetime supply of Kale, signed It Starts With Food books, roundtrip airfare to anywhere in the world, paid vacation, job offers, interviewed for "1000 Most Overachievers In The World magazine, and decorative soaps! I will private message you my address.

Dave

Well, I can't believe how hard you all are on my darling GIJoe. I love my picture.

Cara, I get what you think about GIJoe, but I'm just having a hard time letting him go. I love a man who sails...and he devinitely looks like he does the W30, don't you think?

Yesterday was fine, but I had some nuts in desperation in a meeting that went to 9:30 pm and indeed, I have a headachache and itchy ear. Back to super clean living today.

I'm still feeling good on the exercise front.

Almost ready to move over to the reintro.

I do want Dave to have his 1K.

hugs

Miki

Deb, I hope your week is going well. I like the idea of posting a happy picture.

I am in a happy place. I think it feels good to journal like we've all been doing, very therapeutic.

Sadie, GREAT JOB!

Rosita -heading over to the new camp...probably last post on here.

Deb...what is Glamping? Am I missing something?

Miki

Dave LOL I can't wait to see what Chris says!!!

Miki glamping is "glamorous camping" !!!!! for those of us who like our home comforts. 

Cara and Sadie - SO WELL DONE! 

I'm also gonna head over to Dirty 30 - did we make it to 1000 posts? 

Love you all

Oh I'm so gonna be the 1000th reply. 

Guys this is the blessing we sing at the end of my yoga classes. 

I love it and I wish it for all of you. 

May the Long Time Sun
Shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light
within you
Guide your way on
Guide your way on

Archived