9 June Start

dcducks1

Beautiful reading through everyone's posts. Shed a tear or two. 

I won't go on...but will git on over to the Dirty30 thread to pay up! And continue the journey. 

You're an amazing wonderful motivating strong courageous uplifting delicious team of people. 

Love, and love to all.  ;)  :)  :P  :D  :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deb and I were galumphing around in here at the same time. I just looked at the counter for replies on here and damned if its not within reach of 1000 We have to hit the millenium folks, everybody post something goofy on this here thread before we abandon it for pastures new. Its been good to us and I for one shall miss it and sometimes sentimentally revisit its corridors.

R

I'm following Rose's suggestion to post so we get to 1000.  I think Dave would be very happy with that number.

Dave - I loved your closing post.  I am going to print it because it is so meaningful and touching.  Hits the heart in such a wonderful way.  Your wife is beautiful and she is so lucky that you are her man.

Love all the pictures that are being posted.  Thanks for sharing them with us.  It's nice to see faces.  One of these days, I'll reveal my face, or at least the faces of my furry feline children.

One last final thank you to everyone.  Love you all!

Ok guys, as promised over on the Dirty 30, some pics! 

Me with a monkey in Costa Rica, me pretending to work at the Breeders Cup horse race, me and Le Grand Orange selfie, my only relatives this side of the USA - second cousins, my ex husband and Le Grand, my wedding pic and my happily divorced pic, taken on the same swing in NZ 11 years later by ex husb, and LGO again waiting for his treats to bake! 

post-44893-0-06048800-1404912440_thumb.j

post-44893-0-11709000-1404912620_thumb.j

post-44893-0-43110900-1404912622_thumb.j

post-44893-0-42410100-1404912630_thumb.j

post-44893-0-78366900-1404912642_thumb.j

post-44893-0-30005400-1404912649_thumb.j

post-44893-0-39088400-1404912972_thumb.j

Great photos Deb! I will let my Kodiak brother know to expect a call from you. He is the youngest of us and will be 39 this October.......he likes guns and vintage Dodge muscle cars if you were looking for a gift for him.

Dave

I have always had a problem losing weight in a group, so I imagine I will start my weightloss journey here...if I knew what that was I would stop it...working on it because I love playing with the other children.

Miki

My life stats...

5'3"

Highest weight at the birth of second son 252lbs.

Lowest weight post divorce 161

Current weight 176

Goal weight 132

Food is the worst relationship I've ever had in my life (and I've had some doosies). My exhusband used to say (not in a mean way) we all think about M&M's but then we just say no and go to bed.

NO

Off to work.

Love to all my dirty 30's

It is amazing how much I trust all of you.

Miki

Miki - I hear you. I have felt the same way about food that you do.

I disagree with your ex-husband. It's just not that easy for everyone. I believe that I am super-sensitive to sugar, and a little just lights up my brain like crack. (Not that I would know about the crack, I can imagine :) )

I think the hardest thing is to accept that I'm just different than a lot of people in that way. I feel better now than ever with no sugar.

I'm trying to focus on the good stuff.

Amazing progress on your journey so far!!  I'm realizing the best way to measure is not to look at how far you have to go, but to look back at how far you've come.  

Thanks for being on the journey with us!

Miki - thanks for your open honesty. I am putting this all in my tell-all book......it will be amazing! hahahahaha Of course I am kidding. You are on the right track and we will continue to reform your way of dealing with food. MIND CONTROL is next!

Dave

I am loving all the photos.  Such gorgeous people, all of you, and beautiful wives, children, dogs, cats, goats of course, other modes of transportation, gardens.... For some reason I am getting "upload failed" errors this morning when I was preparing to bombard you with more assorted "felfies," but I will try again later.

I am feeling AWESOME here on Day 31, and did my stats this morning:

Lost 8 pounds.  I weighed myself twice this morning to make sure I was seeing things right.   :) 

Lost 2" from waist and an inch and a half from my hips.

Lost almost 2% body fat.

Much more importantly, here's what I gained:

• Sleep is amazingly better:  my head hits the pillow and I'm out, usually for the whole night.
  • Night sweats:  gone.
  • PMS and misc menstrual symptoms:  vastly improved.
  • Headaches:  gone.  I didn't even realize how often I got them.
  • Mood:  way improved.  I'm energetic, want to do stuff, just realized that I hiked or kayaked three weekends in a row.
  • Energy: also way improved.   I feel GOOD.
  • Perspective:  I'm finding I'm refocused on the big picture and the long term.  I'm energized to make plans and achieve new goals.
  • Cholesterol:  improved to normal range (from 2 years ago), as has iron.

And, importantly, I have gained an absolutely wonderful new community here.  I really don't think I would have been this successful without all of you, or had this much fun doing it!

Hats off to the 6/9ers aka the Dirty 30.  You all are amazing.  Big love to you all!  See you all over on the new board.

My turn for photo sharing:

1) Me in Baja with a pompano.

2) My sister's henna when she had chemo.  She is my biggest inspiration and is doing amazing.

3) My late dog Peanut.  I still miss her desperately.

4) The ladies.

5) A fine specimen of a carrot (Go Broncos).

6) My favorite place in the world, Stanley, Idaho.

7) Me and my love.

8) Edgar.

9) Me and Bella.

10) The garden, a couple months ago before the weeds covered everything.

post-46753-0-16442500-1404916743_thumb.j

post-46753-0-98487800-1404916942_thumb.j

post-46753-0-79553400-1404917045_thumb.j

post-46753-0-95112200-1404917121_thumb.j

post-46753-0-02351800-1404917200_thumb.j

post-46753-0-33428000-1404917242_thumb.j

post-46753-0-17348000-1404917296_thumb.j

post-46753-0-22889100-1404917408_thumb.j

post-46753-0-72407500-1404917478_thumb.j

post-46753-0-77155800-1404917531_thumb.j

Loving all the pics - Higs - CONGRATS! On the weight loss and all the other gains! Awwwww Edgar of course is my fave. 

Dave, tell Kodiak bro I'm on my way. My ex husb is 13 years younger than me so 39 - no prob!
We could have a pretty amazing camp/retreat you guys. 

Boot camp with Dave, cooking classes, dancing, hiking , biking (led by CC and Rick) jodies, chanting, gardening, animal raising....and amazing compliant meals. omggggggg

Camp Dirty30!

Higs - love the carrot but the sweat shirt is even better- my youngest daughter (33 yrs old) has been a Broncos fan since she was 3 -

she probably bleeds orange- she got to go to her first game last year, probably the best weekend of her life!

Beautiful garden and couple - ya'll are as cute as can be!

Congrats on your stats!!

Confessional-

I realize my writings are probably hard to follow at times - I am dyslexic, so for me words like has, do, go, when, where, ----the list goes on and on - will be interchanged when I am writing, I sometimes can catch them when I proof read but many many times I see what I was thinking and not what actually got written or typed. Other ways it affects me is : I can't spell worth a hoot, dictionary always close by, and I can't sound out words, I add "ing" or 'ed" to words at the wrong time  - it's made for an interesting life and I am usually very careful about writing things that others will have to read -

(eg: I hate when I have to email someone thru my work - I know I mess it up)

So being a part of this forum has been a big leap for me - I have debated if I has going to share but decided I wanted you know. You have been so open with your lifes and I feel such a connection to you all.

Smiles to all, Sadie

PS: disclaimer - dictionary only used three times in the writing of this confessional :) and the thesaurus in my head only twice - oops change the dictionary use to four times now

Progress Report:

Down 18 pounds and 1 pant size

Exercising 4-plus times per week

Eating veggies at every meal

Much improved energy levels

Biggest Benefits: the Whole 30 has given me the mental focus and clarity I desperately needed to navigate a stressful transition in our business. Couldn't have come at a better time! Also, it seems doing it with my beautiful spouse has somehow drawn us closer together... What a perk! We are setting our intention on even higher goals for us and our family... Stay tuned!

Rick - amazing job.

Sadie, thank you for trusting us (not Dave) with your truths.

Higs, NOW THAT IS what I call a garden...your life looks so amazing and much more manageable with a healthy Higs.

CC - thanks for seeing and knowing me, that always helps.

Darling Deb - I'll come to your camp anytime, as long as there are beds, toilets, outdoor showers, jacuzzi and coffee maker...I'm a real Down and Dirty 30.

Dave - you never cease to supply me with a list of things to write on your voodoo doll. Your best buddy is HOT.

Morning all. I have been reading like crazy and loving the pics and everyone's honesty and sharing. I'll try for a longer post tonight but you guys have been busy and if I don't get a wriggle on I will be late, so until tonight xox

Nice to see you Cara, we know it can be hard to get on here...and it hasn't been easy for me to long in in general. And I don't get message alerts anymore, and I don't have a picture (that could be good or bad).

m

Archived