help! i'm getting sick of meat

Hi all... I did a whole 30 last Aug/Sept and have stuck to the Paleo diet on and off every since. Yes I've had my days of eating whatever, but it doesn't last long as it leaves me feeling super crappy!  I want to stay on the right track, but lately I'm so over eating meat I don't know what to do. I have tons of cookbooks and have made so many great meals, but there are days lately where I would rather skip a meal than eat another piece of meat. Why am I in this rut? Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thank you in advance!

Barb

Sometimes you can hit a stretch of food boredom.

Some thoughts:

- Try different textures/types of meats

- Swap out some of your meat for seafood.  :)   Fish, smoked salmon, shellfish, including scallops, clams, mussels, steamers and shrimp.

Being in a rut where nothing appeals to you is fairly normal part of the process.  As Chris mentions above this is a great time to try different textures and different proteins.

I still get in food ruts occasionally and I either go searching for new recipes or go back to my favourites list.  Either way play around with it.  It will pass.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Is it summer in your neck of the woods?  I'm in UPSNY and as soon as it was no longer winter (I think this was about a week ago :) ) I was just not in the mood for meat.  At all.  Luckily I wasn't not in the mood for protein - just meat.  I ate eggs and seafood and some poultry.  The days I really wasn't feeling it - I just skipped meat and had meals of veggies and fat.  My fruit consumption has gone up too because stores are carrying local and fresh produce.  If you are in the middle of a W30 try some alternatives and see if any are palatable.  If you aren't, just ride it out, this too shall pass :)  My no-meat phase lasted about 2 weeks.  

Is it summer in your neck of the woods?  I'm in UPSNY and as soon as it was no longer winter (I think this was about a week ago :) ) I was just not in the mood for meat.  At all.  Luckily I wasn't not in the mood for protein - just meat.  I ate eggs and seafood and some poultry.  The days I really wasn't feeling it - I just skipped meat and had meals of veggies and fat.  My fruit consumption has gone up too because stores are carrying local and fresh produce.  If you are in the middle of a W30 try some alternatives and see if any are palatable.  If you aren't, just ride it out, this too shall pass :)  My no-meat phase lasted about 2 weeks.  

My winter came to an end a few days ago, too.   It's time to really live it up before the snow flys on Labor Day.    I hope you have a good summer.   We deserve it...9 months of snowboots for 3 months of sandals.   When you think how amazing our food selection really is everywhere in the U.S., from coast to coast  we have food in our stores.   We're fortunate to have everything at our fingertips.   

• Whole30 Certified Coach

We don't have snow before Labor Day.  Thank goodness :)  

I once read a book about a Soviet immigrant to the US.  The most profound experience he had was going to a US supermarket for the first time.  You are right - we are lucky.  I know I should be more mindful of how easy it is to get good food...

Archived