5/5 group - reintro time :)

Kage

Ok it's day 30 and reintro is so close we can taste it (except all our extenders, but you will be here soon!) So here is our thread to talk about our reintro experiences all ready for tomorrow :)

Thanks for starting the thread Kage!! I will be starting my reintroduction Friday due to a few days of non-compliant bacon in the beginning. I am looking forward to being with this group through the next phase in our journey!

I am looking forward to hearing everyone's results! This will be a great START for a healthier way of eating and living! You all should be very proud of yourselves. At the start.....this was not easy......but at the finish, hopefully you will be able to look back and realize how easy it really was. This should help you better understand the power you actually have to conquer anything that stands in front of you as a challenge whether it be weight, smoking, learning a new skill, education, etc. .......YOU are as successful as YOU want to make yourself. No excuses, no whining....just doing! Some of you had tougher battles thru this: ..... coming down with colds, aches and pains which limited you, or even allergies or problems with the different foods. But, you battled thru like true warriors! Great job to everyone. The stragglers are still doing great and still NEED your encouragement to get them to the finish line......."no man or woman left behind"! So before you go off to celebrate, circle back to help bring the stragglers to the finish! 

Dave

There you are. I will stay on this blog to watch learn and provide the oorah after Daves comments here and there (sorry Dave, I was a Marine wife)...but I grew up in Imperial Beach/Coronado so spent my fair time baking cookies for young Navy guys far from home.

I'm looking forward to watching your successes. Keep notes about what you don't have now (full compliant I had Little itching (normally alot) no ear itching and fluid, no foot pain little hip pain, eyes didn't feel heavy, slept well, woke easy. I didn't really realize these things were happening until they came back due to non-compliance. After we finish our June Whole 30, I am going to be very methodical about my re-entry or for me it would be like throwing away the whole 30 day experiment.

Okay, enjoy your day.

Miki

@Miki and Dave... we will all be stalking each other! LOL...you will stalk us here and we will continue to stalk ya'll on your compliant whole30 :)

I have to say that I am not as excited about the reintroduction and I thought I would be. There are several things I would rather not reintroduce, but since I know with life it is hard to stay compliant 100% of the time, I need to see what my potential reactions might be. I do know that I will not try alcohol. I know I have a yeast allergy and in the past one glass of wine would cause me to gain 8 lbs and feel hungover...I cannot imagine what type of reaction I would have now that I have been eating clean for a month!

@Marita- Thanks for sharing that link! I love the idea of narrowing down if your reaction is immediate or builds up over time. My mom has a lot of food allergies that are worse only when she eats the same things several days in a row. Her allergist recommended she do a four day rotation of those foods to allow her to keep them in her diet, but not allowing the negative effects to build up. ex. If she has corn on Monday, she can't eat any corn (or corn product) again until Saturday of that same week.

I still have about 2 weeks before I reintro, but I have decided to make a detailed list of food I will try out and set on a calendar. The calendar will have to be very flexible, I've read coming off a AIP is like a "roller-coaster". I am going to break down the different groups IE: Grains, I am only going to try gluten free grains and not even bother with wheat, rye and barley. And only minimally at best. Dairy, I will try only Ghee and possibly add in Heavy cream later on. Eggs I am going to try the yolk first and then full egg. Nuts, I know I will not be using cows milk and will hope to be going back to almond milk and will be (I hope) using almond flour again therefore the first nut I will try will be almonds and then macadamia. And on from there. I really hope I figure this mystery out!

Luck to all and can't wait to see how everyone is doing!!

So, my kid stuck a crayon up her nose this morning.  Before I even had breakfast.  normally I think I would have wanted a treat afterwards.  Something fatty like fast food or something.  Or at the very least wine tonight.  But, not really today.  So that's good.

So...had to share this with all of you...in addition to today being my last day of the program before starting the reintroduction tomorrow, I found out that I got that new job I was interviewing for which is a huge promotion and pay raise. I haven't weighed or measured yet...that will come tomorrow morning...but I know this weekend I am going to have to take my work clothes (that I've kept and haven't been wearing since I've been working from home) to be altered to fit the smaller me...and I think I should go shopping for a new suit too as a reward!

Auburngal ......I have mixed emotions for you. It appears that the W30 program has been a complete failure. On one hand I am glad that you got the promotion, but on the other hand I am sad to hear that your new job will require you to wear clothes that no longer fit. Not only did it give you baggy clothes, but it also created errands for you to run while shopping for new clothes. In addition, I'm sorry to hear that when you finally weigh yourself you will find out that you have actually GAINED weight...... probably because of the huge wads of cash that will be stuffed in your pockets.  If you recall.........I was the one that has routinely told people that the Whole 30 program is NOT a weight loss program and some of the benefits could include, looser fitiing clothes, better breathing, better sleep, more energy, better job, no acid reflux........etc. I think I might actually be able to see into the future...........my wife has always told me that I was "touched."

Dave

And the results are in!! I lost 15 lbs, 3.5 inches from my stomach, 3 inches from my chest, 2 inches from my hips, and an inch from each thigh!!! All of those numbers are just icing on the cake! My entire story is long, so if you would like to read it and see some before and after pictures check out my blog.... http://amazeofthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/06/whole30-results-andthe-rest-of-story.html

Today I begin the reintroduction process. I am introducing dairy first and for breakfast I had scrambled eggs with prosciutto, peppers, onions and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. I love cheese so I am hoping I don't have a horrible reaction, but I have a feeling I will. 

What order is everyone else doing for reintroduction? I'm going to do dairy, non-gluten grains, legumes, and then gluten grains.

Once I get ready for reintroduction I think I am going to try cheese only for dairy.  I am so happy to say, I just don't miss dairy other than some cheese.  The other thing I really miss -- gluten grains.  Such as good, homemade bread.  I know I'll never be able to eat it in large quantities.  But I am going to try some bread (homemade so I can at least control the ingredients).  If it works, I will save it for the occasional treat.  Otherwise, I think I will be sticking mostly to whole30 business as usual.

My march to whole30 continues....  going to a wedding this afternoon.  I'm planning on eating a big lunch (wedding at 4) so I can easily skip the food there.

Jamie

I didn't exactly reintro yet but I am trying to find out through food if I have SIBO or should I be on the FODMAP protocol or what. But I did find out that I definitely have issues with prawns!! I was eating totally clean and quickly thawed out some prawns which were always a quick easy to defrost fall back and boy did they throw my system into breakdown. This really surprised me! But I have been diligent about my food journaling and eating very clean. I have been doing a ton of reading and research to figure this thing out but I have my lists, journal  and determination. I am feeling much better, but now I NEED to know exactly what foods are doing what to me. 

Best of luck to all.

I started my reintroduction on Friday and introduced dairy. I feel like I'm not getting an accurate assessment though since I'm still sick. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics on Friday. What I think I will do is go back to whole30 meals until I am over this crap and then begin reintroducing again. I probably won't try milk again the end of the reintroduction time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I started my reintroduction on Friday and introduced dairy. I feel like I'm not getting an accurate assessment though since I'm still sick. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics on Friday. What I think I will do is go back to whole30 meals until I am over this crap and then begin reintroducing again. I probably won't try milk again the end of the reintroduction time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hope you feel better soon!

And the results are in!! I lost 15 lbs, 3.5 inches from my stomach, 3 inches from my chest, 2 inches from my hips, and an inch from each thigh!!! All of those numbers are just icing on the cake! My entire story is long, so if you would like to read it and see some before and after pictures check out my blog.... http://amazeofthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/06/whole30-results-andthe-rest-of-story.html

Today I begin the reintroduction process. I am introducing dairy first and for breakfast I had scrambled eggs with prosciutto, peppers, onions and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. I love cheese so I am hoping I don't have a horrible reaction, but I have a feeling I will. 

What order is everyone else doing for reintroduction? I'm going to do dairy, non-gluten grains, legumes, and then gluten grains.

read your story, nothing short of amazing!! tried to leave a comment but I don't know if it went through. Sounds like you have quite a battle but it also appears that you are on the right road!! Thank you for your inspiration.

Archived