Eggs or Avocados: likely inflammation/bloating culprit??

Alix B.

Ok, if I'm experiencing bloating and my ankles are suddenly NOWHERE to be found, is it more likely to be eggs or avocados? I had a week without both, and then ate both in quantity over the weekend and I look like a different person.

Could it be either?

The eggs, just in case it matters, are from a local, biological farm. No soy in the feed (they're outside all the time right now anyway.)

Thanks for any input!

• Moderators

We hear more reports of sensitivity to eggs than to avocado, but it could be either or both. It sounds like you should eliminate them and then reintroduce one at a time to see what happens. 

My husband is, weirdly, allergic to avocado. So even though it's more likely eggs (especially egg whites) you prob want to take both out for a bit and add in one at a time in small amounts. If not avocado, you may want to try egg yolks first and then egg whites. Many more people can tolerate yolks then whites--and the yolks have all the good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further updates, for anyone who is interested: I am okay with eggs as long as they are totally cooked through! So, scrambled, yes! Fried, no (because I like my fired eggs a little runny.)

I hope this can be of help to someone else! I'm glad I don't have to give up eggs entirely!

• 3 months later...

Archived