Question about kombucha

BrandiSCollins

When I first drank it, I thought "fizzy vinegar" too. Now, wel int othe program, it seems mildly sweet and very satisfying. I wouls suggest cutting at first with sparkling water.

That's what I do. I mix it half and half with club soda. It tastes pretty good that way.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently brewing a batch in my pantry. I am concerned about the alcohol content. Does the it get higher the longer it brews? Is there a way to test the alcohol content besides seeing if it gives you a buzz?

I was planning on brewing mine for a long time (4wks) to make sure the sugar is all eaten up. I've seen a lot of heal-your-gut protocols include kombucha but ban alcohol (obvi). Any thoughts?

I'm currently brewing a batch in my pantry. I am concerned about the alcohol content. Does the it get higher the longer it brews? Is there a way to test the alcohol content besides seeing if it gives you a buzz?

I was planning on brewing mine for a long time (4wks) to make sure the sugar is all eaten up. I've seen a lot of heal-your-gut protocols include kombucha but ban alcohol (obvi). Any thoughts?

The longer it sits the higher the alcohol content. 4 weeks may be a bit much if you plan on drinking it anyway. But all you can do is test it.

My wife makes her own. But she is afraid to try it while we are on our W30 because there is sugar in it (for firmentation process) and she doesn't know if the residual sugar would blow the effects of the W30. Any suggestions?

Archived