SO Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk Unsweetened "Yogurt" - Whole30 approved?

Kkdvm

So I know that the "SO Delicious" coconut milk "product" is out of the question because of the carageenan.  This yogurt-type product doesn't have carageenan or any added sugar.  Is it Whole30 approved?

Ingredients: ORGANIC COCONUT MILK (WATER, ORGANIC COCONUT CREAM), CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT, PECTIN, ALGIN, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATE, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, RICE STARCH, LOCUST BEAN GUM, LIVE CULTURES, GUAR GUM, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, GELLAN GUM, XANTHAN GUM, VITAMIN D2, VITAMIN B12

Here's the link...

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/cultured-coconut-milk/unsweetened-cultured-coconut-milk

Thanks for your help!

Kristina

If you really want yogurt, get a yogurt maker and mix probiotic capsules in with coconut milk for 8-12ish hours. bam, coconut milk yogurt with no added crap.

Yes, but to be clear for new readers: although it would be ok to make some unsweetened coconut milk yogurt to use, say, in an indian sauce, it would not be ok to make some unsweetened coconut milk yogurt and have it with fruit for breakfast during the whole30.

Changing the "Breakfast food" mindset is TOUGH for people, but it is really important. don't skip that part.

As Miss Mary said, I think it's important to not use the yogurt crutch during the w30. The idea is to fill your plate w protein + veg + fat as per the template. Eating yogurt, even if technically "compliant," isn't going to help you fully appreciate the benefits of the w30.

That's a good point, missmary. Thanks for adding that. 

I'm planning to make coconut milk yogurt just for the probiotics. I can't tolerate the capsules, they upset my stomach, and I can't have other fermented foods because of the yeast (AIP). 

Speaking of So Delicious, I bought their coconut milk today because I do not see carageenan listed?  Did I perhaps buy an updated version of i

Are you sure? Their website still lists carrageenan in the ingredients of the unsweetened coconut milk.

So it looks like I bought the unsweeted Vanilla Coconut milk, I am pretty sure the Vanilla makes it whole30 non compliant. 

Glad I've been using the canned stuff.  My daughter drinks it, she's lactose intolerent.

Yeah, and per the website, it also contains carrageenan. Both that and the vanilla extract make it non-compliant.

Archived