Not wanting to workout/exercise

Hi

It's day 10 for me, and it's going fairly well. I still have the desire to snack but most of it's mental. I'm eating more protein at meals and really using this time to be mindful about my tendencies, habits, etc.

That said, something I've realized is I don't want to workout. This is unusual for me, as I typically do 5-6 days/wk (running and/or strength training). The first week of W30 I was healing (hurt my back). I'm recovered and have been fine for a few days. 

Part of it might be that I'm  just lazy getting back in to it after a week off injured. I also think it might be I don't have the overwhelming energy I read about happening. I feel ok/good in the am (when i typically workout), but I'm a little worried that if I workout, I'll use my energy reserves and be totally crapped out by afternoon. Every day on W30 is a challenge and adding an aspect that may make the day harder isn't something I really want to do.

Should I have a ton of energy? I generally am a very energetic and active person. Since starting this, I do feel lean, light and healthy.... I just am not jumping out the door to exercise.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

The first 2 weeks are usually the hardest for energy levels especially when working out. This is when our bodies are making the adaption from burning carbs as their primary fuel source to burning fats as their primary fuel source. I know my running was crap my first 2 weeks but it got so much better. Here is the timeline: http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/ which gives you a general expectation of how you should be feeling but your mileage may vary.

If you want some more specific advice you can post a few days of your food log including activity, sleep, and stress and we might be able to pinpoint areas that could use improvement to get more energy.

Archived