Bad Breath? Anyone else? Embarrassing.

Yikes. Few hours after breakfast and rest of day...dry mouth and what seems like stinky breath from deep down in stomach. What is that?

I so want to have mints on hand.

I have eaten fairly whole30ish for awhile but a few weeks ago did stop all sugar (dark choc etc) so it's not detox. Is it ketosis? I eat 3 cups of mixed veggies at each meal along with sweet potato once a day so I get plenty of good carbs.

I do workout 45-60 minutes a day...run, speed walk, light strength training etc.

I haven't been having a problem with bad breath necessarily, but with all the onions and garlic I eat I would rather not expose the people I work with to what I ate for lunch.  I work with the public, and don't want to scare them away.  I can sometimes brush my teeth after lunch, but sometimes I need a more portable option -- before the Whole 30 it was gum.  I found this online -- can anyone tell me if it is compliant?

http://www.herbalchoicemari.com/hcm/breath-freshener-spray.html

here are the ingredients:

Purified Water, organic peppermint oil, organic fennel oil, organic thyme oil, organic cinnamon oil, organic clove oil.

Also, I know some mouthwash is whole 30 compliant, but it makes me gag!  I was hoping for something I could just spray on my tongue.

(I posted here, in case this helps anyone else.) 

I have the same problem. I brush and floss multiple times per day, drink a lot of water, and I make my own mouthwash with peppermint oil amd water. However, as a social dance teacher I cannot always be running to the bathroom two floors down to rinse, and I cannot afford even the least hint of bad breath, so I do carry breath spray for emergencies. I use it as little as possible, but all the gains of whole30 do me no good if I am broke and can't afford to eat healthy food any more. So this is the one compromise I made.

I have the same problem. I brush and floss multiple times per day, drink a lot of water, and I make my own mouthwash with peppermint oil amd water. However, as a social dance teacher I cannot always be running to the bathroom two floors down to rinse, and I cannot afford even the least hint of bad breath, so I do carry breath spray for emergencies. I use it as little as possible, but all the gains of whole30 do me no good if I am broke and can't afford to eat healthy food any more. So this is the one compromise I made.

Instead of compromising, use a compliant breath product or natural breath freshener, so you can truly say you did a Whole30.

- WOW drops http://www.amazon.com/Marco-Pharma-International-Breath-Freshener/dp/B000VUUWAM

- Article on natural breath fresheners: http://www.thekitchn.com/bad-breath-6-natural-breath-fr-119025

Archived