Commiting today- Day 1 begins tomorrow (June 6)

MFlicks

Hey there everyone!  I am new to Whole30.  I've read about it before but have never actually committed myself to the program- until now.  I can't remember a time when I had a healthy relationship with food or a good self-image for that matter.  I'm 32 years old and I am ready to get a hold of my life and start doing things right.  This is going to be tough- but I am ready to take the bull by the horns.  :)

I wish you good luck and a lot of fun on your journey! I'm sure you'll find the forum to be a great place not only for practicalt tips but also an amazing source of motivation. Lotsa lovely people around! :)

All the best! <3

(PS: You look super cute!)

I am starting June 6, too!! Here is to a great 30 days! I am nervous about doing this, but I think that is my food addiction talking. I am also trying to lose weight which has been ridiculously difficult lately even though I exercise regularly.  This is going to be an interesting trip!

Peebles- Thanks so much!  I am really looking forward to my Whole30.  I have half ass attempted it in the past, but doing it completely alone really didn't work out for me. 

Lynn- I ended up not starting today, I am making the start on Monday.  I was online for a while last night trying to research and write down everything I could possibly find helpful in making it through the Whole30.  When I was reading up on it again this morning, I came across something I hadn't really noticed before and that was the suggestion to take the time to prepare before starting.  Today, I've been easing into the process- no grains and no dairy.  I am thinking that if I give myself the weekend to cut things out without diving in cold turkey, it might make the transition a little smoother for me.  I'm the type of person that when I tell myself I can't have something- it's all I think about and then I go full on binge mode.  I have struggled with a very unhealthy relationship with food and body image for a long time.  Since I have had children I have been very conscious of how I react with foods and weight, but it's definitely been hard for me.  I don't purge, restrict calories or exercise excessively anymore, which is really great but now the weight is on and I am constantly eating really crappy foods- I am just really looking forward to breaking that cycle, resetting and living the healthy lifestyle that I can be proud of. 

I wish you the best with your thirty days!  Keep in touch - I'll be looking forward to our transformation stories!! :)

I am kind of the impulsive, jump into it no matter what kind of person! I admire your ability to research and plan BEFORE you start this. I wish I could be more like that. I had slowed down on the Diet Pepsi and didn't drink any Day 0. So, Day 1 I had mild headaches all day. But I could live with them. I am putting together a list now of things I need to buy for meals and stuff. So you are doing it the right way. Keep me updated on how it is going. I am just starting day 2 and hoping that I survive. I think the biggest thing for me is that I don't cook. I tried to make a fritatta yesterday, and I have no created the flatatta...Flat as all get out!  I am thinking humor is going to be the best weapon I have. Let me know how it is going!

Archived