Wanting + Craving more protein despite big meal

I eat plenty of veggies, fats and protein at each meal.

After dinner today, I've been wanting to eat even more protein than usual. Tonight I nibbled on more pulled pork to avoid food binge on anti nutrient food.

I typically eat 6 ounces-7 ounces at each meal except breakfast where I have 3 eggs. I eat 3-4 cups of veggies and 2 fats like avocado and olives at lunch and dinner.

Is it because I don't do pre or post workout meals I'm wanting more. Should I eat more? I'm guessing yes because I don't want to set myself up for binge. I do eat egg breakfast right after workout.

I workout about hour a day at 5 or 6am. ( I do not lift heavy or anything like that). I walk, run, barre, etc

Up to you, of course, but a typical pre-WO meal is a hardboiled egg (protein + fat), and a typical post-WO meal is something like a slice of chicken or turkey breast and some sweet potato (lean protein + carb). Not a lot of preparation involved (you can make them in advance) but a lot of benefit.

Absent this, then yes, I would suggest upping your meal portions a little more, specially early in the day. (Hunger at night begins with not enough food earlier in the day.) Your meals look really great for the typical Whole30er, but you seem to be pretty active and may simply need more fuel to power you through the day.

so I tried that Tom today. Had a fast run (35 minutes today) and did a 45 light strength class (I stress light weights).

Anyway after dinner (which you know I eat plenty of P, V, F) I was fine. An hour or so later, it was screaming for food. I mean hungry....so I ate more protein eating the a palm sized or more of roasted turkey. seemed to do the trick. I am full but not STUFFED.

I am So so so glad I did not cave and raid the pantry. Instead I gave my body real food it was wanting and not beat myself over eating "more" (or a 4th  mini meal).

Archived