So I guess this is day 1 again.... 2nd restart. 6/7

Cinnaberry74

Yes, I have to restart for accidentally having soy in the dressing in a salad on 6/6.  This is my second restart.  Starting from the beginning again!

Day 1 (formerly day 7)

Meal 1: 2 beef sausage egg muffins (egg, spinach, sweet potato, black olives, ground beef, fennel).  1 sliced banana.  Black coffee.

Meal 2: A kind of hodge podge of stuff  - 2 Applegate beef hotdogs, sauerkraut, cashew chicken over green salad.  Water. 

Meal 3: I made a delicious African spiced chicken with onion gravy over spaghetti squash.  Served with green salad with balsamic vinaigrette.  (From here on out, I make all my own dressings. I have not bought a bottle of dressing for like 6 months).  Water. 

Day 2 (this seems to be on repeat....). 

Meal 1: 2 Saag chicken bratwurst sausages (Chicken, vinegar, 2% or less of sea salt, spices, lemon powder (salt, natural lemon flavor), in beef collagen casing), sauerkraut, 2 over easy eggs, sweet potato and plantain hash.  Black coffee. 

Meal 2: 2 romaine lettuce wrapped cashew chicken, grapes, water. 

Snacked on some cashews and baked apple rings with coffee.

Meal 3: African spiced chicken with onion gravy over spaghetti squash, roasted brussel sprouts.  Sparkling orange water. 

This sounds like a great meal. Tell me more about the onion gravy.

The dish is made in the crock pot  - chicken thighs, chicken broth, carrots, allspice, salt, pepper, and a ton of thinly sliced onion!  I use my mandolin to slice them nicely.   When it's all done, the onions just blanket the chicken, and it's so delicious.  I got the recipe from a crock pot Paleo cookbook. 

Day 3

Meal 1: African chicken scrambled with organic power greens and egg.  Grapes.  Black coffee.

Post workout: Baked sweet potato, ghee, cinnamon.  Water.

Meal 2: Tuna with paleo mayo, sliced avocado and mango, wrapped in romaine lettuce leaf.  Coconut chicken green chili soup.  Sparkling orange water. 

Meal 3: Indonesian chicken (I froze the sauce from when I made this back in Whole30 take 1), organic steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot. Green salad with fresh plum.  Water.

Herbal tea after dinner.  2 small plums. 

Day 4 - Can't I just have a hamburger???!!!

Meal 1: 3 beef sausage egg muffins, 1/2 orange, black coffee. 

Meal 2:  I really wanted a burger, so me and my kids went to In 'n Out Burger.  I ordered our food to go through the drive thru - double double with grilled onions only, protein style, and an unsweetened ice tea. This was confirmed to me 3 times, and although I was impressed that the food server at the window knew about Whole30 (she asked about my order), I was not impressed by what I opened at home.  I got it wrapped in lettuce.... and that was the only thing right.  They put EVERYTHING on my burger, and I was so sad!!!  I didn't want to drive back to the restaurant with 3 kids (it's about 20 minutes away), so I just threw it out and made lunch at home (which is what I was avoiding today.).   INSTEAD... I made 2 Applegate hot dogs, sauerkraut, 2 rings of fresh pineapple and the ice tea.  Plus, a bad mood.  Ugh.

Meal 3:  More darn chicken.  I really hope I can avoid poultry tomorrow!  Indonesian chicken over carrot "noodles", steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  Water. 

After dinner:  Will there be an after dinner?  Probably.  I'm thinking fresh fruit or baked apple rings with raw cashews and raisins.  Just to complete my day. 

Day 5

Meal 1: Chicken salad (paleo mayo, poached chicken, mango, persian cucumber), wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves.  Sweet potato "home fries" w/ onion.  Black coffee.

Post Work Out: 1 sliced banana, quartered, with raw organic walnut butter.  2 pieces are topped with organic raisins, 1 with raw cacao nibs, 1 with chia seeds.

Meal 2: Finally got my burger!  Made grass fed beef patties at home with sauteed onions and pineapple, lettuce leaf wrapped.  Jicama "fries" (I sliced them into matchsticks and sauteed them in the burger juices). Sparkling orange water. 

Meal 3: Ground turkey shepard's pie (carrots, onion, celery, turnip, garlic), topped with pureed cauliflower (ghee, salt, pepper).  Green salad with balsamic dressing.  Water.

Herbal tea, sliced pineapple. 

All pics are on my blog. 

A reminder on post WO fuel: the template calls for protein and carb. No fruit or fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30. 

I know :(.  We haven't gone food shopping yet, and my kids have eaten everything since being on summer vacation :(.  My daughter had opened the banana and left it on the table, so I took the opportunity to eat it instead of wasting it.... Hopefully after this weekend, I can have some premade stuff  I can grab! 

Day 6

Meal 1: Grass fed beef patty with 2 poached eggs and Tobasco. 1/2 baked sweet potato.  Handful of grapes.  Coffee.

Meal 2:  3 small lettuce leaves with chicken salad (paleo mayo, mango, persian cucumber), sesame sliced cucumber salad, 2 deviled eggs.  Water. 

Coffee

Meal 3: Cauliflower mash shepard's pie (last night's dinner), ginger balsamic roasted brussel sprouts and golden beets.  Water.

Tonight will include an herbal chai tea with coconut milk and 2 small plums. 

No work out today - I've got a sore throat and a cold coming on and too tired :(

Oh yay!  I can get on the forum today without having the page time-out on me while loading.  I also downloaded It Starts With Food today on Kindle :)

Where was I????

Day 7 (yesterday)

Meal 1: Slice of cauliflower shepards pie, grapes, black coffee. 

Meal 2: 2 Applegate hot dogs, 1/2 baked sweet potato, salad.  Water.

Meal 3: Chicken veggie soup, water. 

Day 8 (today):

Meal 1: 2 over easy eggs, 1/2 orange, coffee.

Meal 2: (Last!) slice of shepard's pie, 1 fresh peach, water.

Meal 3: Broiled turkey burger wrapped in romaine lettuce leaf, paleo mayo, stone ground mustard, grilled onions, sliced pineapple.  (Last!) roasted beets and brussel sprouts, sliced jicama and radish, sparkling berry water.

Under pressure for tomorrow's Fathers Day brunch.  So far, I've got crab and shrimp cakes with hollandaise sauce and asparagus, poached eggs (So it's like a crabcake benedict with no english muffin).  Sweet potato hash, fruit "ambrosia" salad (with unsweetened coconut flakes).  *Sigh*  Just don't feel like it's enough for my dad.  (Hubby -yes, but my dad is totally all breads and pancakes kind of guy).

Day 9  (the day I brought my own dressing....)

Meal 1:  Crab and shrimp cake benedict on top of sweet potato and spinach hash browns. (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3635746431/paleo-krabby-patties). (http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/07/06/easy-paleo-ghee-hollandaise-sauce/). Fruit salad (strawberries, pineapple, peach, blueberries... lemon juice and  unsweetened coconut flakes).  Black coffee.

No meal after brunch. We ate late and I wasn't hungry for lunch.  We went on a hike.

Dinner:  we went to 5 Guys (double patty burger with grilled onions, bunless), and Pizza My Heart (field greens salad with my own balsamic vinaigrette.)  Sparkling lemon lime water.   Unfortunately, I started to not feel well during dinner (maybe from drinking a large coffee on an empty stomach after the hike).  I ate half of the burger and no salad.  I'm still waiting to see if I feel hungry later. 

Day 10

Meal 1: I ate fine this morning after my ordeal last night.  Turned out to be hormonal, due to my wacky cycle that came early... ugh.  Yes, these are symptoms every month! 

- sauteed spinach, asparagus, shrimp, avocado, black olives in an egg white wrap (I had to do something with all those egg whites left over from yesterday's hollandaise). 3 apple rings with raw almond butter.  Black coffee. 

Meal 2: Compliant roast beef cold cuts (Sprout's sliced roast beef, rubbed with black pepper and salt) in romaine lettuce leaves, paleo mayo, stone ground mustard, avocado.  3 kosher dill pickles.  Water. 

Coffee.

Meal 3: Nom Nom Paleo's Smashed Chicken, steamed artichoke, green salad.  Sparkling berry water. 

After dinner:  Saffron black tea.

Day 11

Meal 1: Egg salad with paleo mayo, wrapped in romaine lettuce, topped with black olives.  Sliced banana in a bowl with a spoon of raw almond butter, topped with unsweetened coconut flakes.  black coffee. 

Meal 2: Mostly organic spinach salad (with some organic spring mix).  Black olives, sliced hard boiled egg, radish, shrimp, celery, avocado, balsamic vinaigrette.   Water.

Meal 3: 1 1/2 small pieces of smashed chicken thighs, sweet potato hash with spinach and onion, 1 steamed artichoke, water.

Days 12 and 13

Day 12

Meal 1: Leftover sweet potato hash from previous night, Omelet with shrimp, avocado, spinach, black olives, topped with hollandaise.  Coffee. 

Meal 2: 2 turkey burgers wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves, topped with avocado smash and pineapple chutney.  Jicama fries. Sparkling berry water. 

Meal 3: Nom Nom Paleo's slow cooker chicken and gravy (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4807547385/slow-cooker-roast-chicken-and-gravy), baked sweet potato, sauteed purple kale and spinach with garlic and shallot.  Water.

Day 13

Meal 1: Florentine benedict (2 poached eggs over sauteed spinach, topped with avocado and hollandaise sauce), sweet potato hash, 3 apple slices with raw almond butter.  Coffee. 

Meal 2: 1 roast beef lettuce wrap with black olives and avocado dressing, 2 small chicken lettuce wraps with mango and avocado dressing.  Jicama and radish tabbouli (http://autoimmune-paleo.com/radish-tabbouli).%C2'>

Meal 3: Leftover chicken and gravy from last night, mashed cauliflower, sauteed broccolette with garlic. Water. 

After dinner - black saffron tea.

Day 14

Meal 1: 2 Saag chicken black pepper and basil sausages topped with hollandaise and avocado.  Sweet potato hash with onion and olives, sauteed spinach with olives.  Black coffee. 

Meal 2: Chicken and gravy, mashed cauliflower w/gravy, radish and jicama tabbouli.  Water.

Meal 3: Chicken w/gravy (AGAIN), roasted brussel sprouts with onion.  Salad with radish and jicama tabbouli, hard boiled egg, olives.  Water. 1 peach. 

After dinner: Chamomile tea. 

Day 15

Meal 1:  Yummy loco moco!  2 over easy eggs over 1 1/2 turkey burger, topped with chicken gravy, on cauliflower fried rice.  Fruit salad with banana, mango, peach, strawberry, coconut flakes. 

Meal 2:   In N Out double patty burger with grilled onions, protein style.  Water. 

Went biking and took a snack of raw cashews, apple chips, and applesauce. Water. 

Meal 3:  Light dinner of chicken veggie soup with shrimp, salad, water. 

After dinner:  Organic rooibos with coconut milk. 

Day 16

Meal 1:  Egg scramble with spinach, chicken, olives, topped with guacamole smash (added cumin).  Sweet potato hash, radish and tabbouli salad.  Coffee. 

Meal 2: Panera power Mediterranean turkey salad, NO PEPPEROCINI!  Should've asked for no tomatoes too, considering I'm allergic to them :-/.  I brought my own EVOO and balsamic dressing (and used their lemon), and added my own raw cashews to the salad as well.  Unsweetened ice tea. 

Meal 3: Nom Nom Paleo's slow cooker Korean beef ribs, braised baby bok choy.

\http://nomnompaleo.com/post/41005370009/whole30-day-20-slow-cooker-korean-short-ribs

Day 17

Meal 1: leftover scramble from yesterday morning.  4 small apple rings with almond butter.  coffee. 

Meal 2: Ginormous spring mix/spinach salad with compliant roast beef, carrots, radish, jicama, celery.  EVOO and balsamic dressing.  Water.

Meal 3: 2 Saag chicken sausage, sauteed baby bok choy, yummilicious re-creation of chow mein with spaghetti squash!  (spaghetti squash, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, sesame oil).Water.

After dinner:  fresh organic strawberries with coconut cream, chamomile tea. 

Day 18 (is it me, or is this round of Whole30 going slower than the first??).

Meal 1: 2 over east eggs, 2 thin slices of roast beef, left over spaghetti squash "chow mein", 1 sliced nectarine, coffee.

Meal 2:  2 Applegate beef hot dogs, sauerkraut, mustard, sauteed baby bok choy, 1 hardboiled egg.  water.

Coffee - with coconut cream, organic peppermint oil (no alcohol), 1 scoop dutch process cocoa. 

Meal 3: Spaghetti squash with raw spinach cashew sauce (blended organic spinach with EVOO, garlic, and cashews pulsed in at the end). Topped with sauteed shrimp scampi (EVOO, garlic, onion, shallot) and avocado.  Green salad with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.

After dinner:  herbal tea.   

day 19

Meal 1/2: Bowl of shrimp/spaghetti squash/spinach sauce.  Coffee.  (I ate very late in the morning, then had to run around errands, and wasn't hungry in the late afternoon.). 

Meal 3: 3 turkey meatloaf muffins (ground turkey, olives, kale, grated sweet potato, onion, garlic), 1 w/tomato sauce (not the best idea in the world), 2 w/ spinach cashew sauce.  Oven roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, green salad w/ apple and carrot, strawberry balsamic dressing.  Water. 

Day 20

I woke up this morning with horrible acid reflux and upset stomach from the 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on my meatloaf the night before.  I felt like sh*t this morning!  It was hard to eat.

Meal 1:  Coffee. 

Meal 2:  Grilled salmon on salad greens, roasted asparagus, kalamata olives, shredded carrots- no dressing.  Pineapple mint infused water. 

Meal 3:  After taking a Tagamet, I was able to eat an hour after the dose. 

2 turkey meatloaf muffins with spinach cashew sauce, spaghetti squash/shrimp.  Water. 

After dinner:

Handful of grapes.  Chamomile tea. 

Have you tried digestive enzymes? They really help with acid reflux. You will need to take them with every meal for a while before noticing the effects. Congratulations on making it to day 20!

Thanks, Tina :).  Unfortunately, it's autoimmune, and I'm allergic to all things nightshade :(.  I tried an introduction, not thinking that I would react so unfavorably to 1 tablespoon of the tomato sauce.  I guess that means I should still stay away!  I haven't taken a Tagamet since I started Whole30 back on May 1st.  It has a histamine and acid reducer, so it (should) work against the allergy.  It reduced my symptoms (which has always been gastric distress for tomatoes - potatoes and others give me hives) a bit, but I still have some reflux today as well.  Sigh... it takes a few days to go away :(

Day 21

Meal 1:  2 spicy tuna cakes, spaghetti squash/shrimp.  Yep.. something fishy is going on...lol.  Coffee.

Meal 2:  4 (small) turkey meatloaf muffins, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots.  Water.  (Yep... cleaning out the fridge!).

Coffee, baked granny smith apple chips. 

Meal 3:  Grilled salmon, broccoli w/ lemon.  Unsweetened ice tea.  Nectarine.

Chamomile tea. 

We are going camping on Monday, and I shopped for all of our food.  Finally, a vacation that I can stay compliant on...lol.  Applegate hot dogs, grass fed beef burgers w/ lettuce.... marshmallows for the kids :(.  It's okay.. maybe I'll campfire a banana...lol. 

Archived