Crazy schedule

I am self employed, and I have 2 days a week where it is totally impossible to eat 3 times a day - unless I want to eat my last meal right before I go to bed, which I learned long ago is really, really bad: going to bed within 2 hours of eating produces really painful acid reflux. I work in a job where I cannot eat while working - I teach social dance - so those two days I eat 2 meals a day - breakfast around 10 am ( a little later than other days) work straight through from 11am to 4pm, then go home for dinner, back to work from 7 to 10 pm, home by 11pm, bed by midnight. Other days I eat regularly at 9am, 1pm and 6 pm.

I rejected whole30 for months because I knew I couldn't adhere to the rigid 3 meal a day requirement, then decided to go for it anyway. I am so glad I did. I am on day 19, energy level is amazing, fibromyalgia symptoms almost gone. And I think I have lost some weight.

First off the 3 meals a day is a recommendation not a requirement of the Whole30. It sounds like you are doing pretty well with it. Is it safe to assume on your 2 meals days you are eating much larger meals? Your job is fairly active so my only concern would be that you are getting enough food throughout the day. I would recommend in a case like yours maybe sprinkling some light mini meals into your day as you have breaks.

Archived