what are common symptoms?

LuiseRN

Ok, I am day 40 of whole 30 and staying longer because I am still not at my ideal weight (weight has been coming off very slowly but surely with whole30 and I feel better). But I will do some sort of re-entry down the road. My question is, what are common symptoms of sensitivity with each "no" item? I know it varies from person to person. And is there a chance the "reaction" may be so subtle I would not recognize it?

Ok so can anyone give me the most common sensitivity reactions to

Dairy

Wheat

Soy

Legumes

Thanks,

L

• Moderators

Wheat makes me drowsy when I first eat it. A weekend of offroading with wheat multiple times over a few days makes my face break out and I get dark circles under my eyes, regardless of how much I sleep.

Dairy -- I noticed nothing when I first reintro'd it, but I went through a period where I was W30 except for a couple of tbsp of cream in my coffee every morning, and after about a week and a half or two weeks, some achiness in my knee and shoulder that had gone away during my W30 came back.

Symptoms may vary: including, bloating, headache, foggyness, diarrhea.  Browse the reintroduction section to see examples of how different people react to different foods.

Don't only focus on the physical reactions, pay attention to psychological reactions as well. For example, does eating a certain food make you crave sugar, or more of that food? 

Archived