Please tell me I don't have to start over...

I'm on day 16 and have been rocking is so far.  My boss offered to bring Starbucks for us all today.  I asked for an iced coffee- black.  I took a sip and it tasted really sweet to me.  Thinking my tasted may have changed and having never had an iced coffee from Starbucks before (used to get lattes) I took another sip.  Nope, it was sweetened.  Confirmed by the barista when I went in to ask.  He made me a new one without the sweetner.

So, can I just let this go or does day 1 start over tomorrow?

Thanks!

I think sometimes they don't get why you'd want unsweetened... even though I said probably 3 times yesterday  I didn't want sweetener, i think I still got sweetened green tea. argh. 

Yup I always watch them like a hawk when I order iced coffee or iced tea at Starbucks as I've had them add the syrup even when I've asked. I usually get an iced Americano now because that does not get sweetened by default.

Thank goodness because today while I was cleaning up the kids lunch I accidentally bit into my kids piece of left over muffin and was like OH SHIT. I spit it out but some of it was still stuck in the teeth. Oopies!

This made me LOL, seriously.  Remembering not to clean up my kids' meals by finishing them was so hard the first week.  I didn't realize how much I did that! 

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me that I didn't mess up my Whole 30! I am on day 20, feeling great, eating great. I was making some Mac and Cheese for my nephew. I ate four small pasta shells to test if they were done, totally absent-mindedly. I guess at least they were organic. Did I ruin the whole month!? Agghh!

There's a chance that those shells could legitimately mess you up.  So, officially, we'd recommend a restart. However, that's always up to you - you could add another 20 days at the end, you could call a restart, or you could cross your fingers and proceed as planned.

Thanks so much Jenn! Thank you for sending hugs, I need them. I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I do love eating this way, but affording it is difficult. I've read the tips on shopping more affordably, but it's still expensive for healthier foods, it's not right. Our society is so backwards!

I have a lemon and sugar natural facewash, I accidentally might have licked a bit off my lips when washing my face.

For the record: we don't ask for a restart for accidental sugar ingestion. I may or may not do that with with my natural honey moisturizer  :ph34r:

• 2 years later...

I am so glad I found this... I just took a sip of "classic green tea" not paying any darn attention and spot it all over my desk when I tasted how sweet it was...LOL 

Threw it away but was going to lose my mind if I have to start over at Day 11 LOL

Well it's April Fools day and boy was I "fooled" - I thought I was putting almond butter on my apple and found out it was freshly ground peanut butter instead!  I had eaten half of the apple and about 1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter before I caught it.  I wiped off the remaining peanut butter but the damage was done.:(

It's my first round of Whole30 and I had been doing so well!  And it's Day 13 - how unlucky is that??!!.  I think I'm going to have to add on a couple weeks at the end of my Whole30 to make up for this foolish mistake.  Pooh.

This is relieving because I licked the peanut butter off the knife after making my toddler a pbj and about freaked out on day 4.  I also chewed gum (5 bites) and immediately spit it out.  Habits!  Crazy habits.  Licking spoons, I didn't even realize I did this.  I always chew gum in the car before I get to a meeting.  #BreakingHabits

2 hours ago, ladiej7 said:

This is relieving because I licked the peanut butter off the knife after making my toddler a pbj and about freaked out on day 4.  I also chewed gum (5 bites) and immediately spit it out.  Habits!  Crazy habits.  Licking spoons, I didn't even realize I did this.  I always chew gum in the car before I get to a meeting.  #BreakingHabits

Habits -- by definition -- are not accidental.

It's really crazy how mindless my eating had become.  I'm a lot more purposeful in my choices now and I try to sit every time I eat so I can focus on what's going into my mouth.  All those little "BLT's" (Bites, Licks, Tastes) add up and it takes a determined effort to remember not to do them.  Hopefully new mindful, purposeful actions and attitudes will become a more positive lifestyle for me.

Archived