Mum's needing a buddy?

Hi,

I'm Cath and am on Day 2 of my first Whole30. I have 3 boys..5yo, 4yo and almost 1yo. I am still feeding my youngest and no plans of stopping for a while.

I'd love a buddy (or more) to go through the challenge with if anyone is keen????

Wow, Em, congratulations on number 4. We are definitely stopping at number 3. I can't believe you are managing to do this in your first trimester. I was just thinking how I feel vaguely pregnant at the moment - nausea, tired etc. I couldn't imagine doing it when I really was pregnant!

How are you managing meals with the kids...and snacks?

Thanks. My pregnancies have all been pretty easy aside from feeling extremely tired in the first trimester.  I needed to get my eating back on track so I figured I'd jump all in now rather than later. 

For meals, the kids have been eating what I make unless I know they don't like it (like spicy things)  then I'll make them a sandwich or wrap and give them veggies.  This has been pretty easy since I've never fed them a different meal than adults. Snack wise I've been making them popcorn daily because its not something that would tempt me. Other than that they snack on fruits and veggies but thats how its always been.  How are you managing meals with your kids?  

Can I join in?

On Day 7 here. 17 weeks pregnant with my third and have a 16 month old and 4.5 year old. My husband is on it as well and a friend is doing it so I have some support but could always use more. I think this is my third of fourth Whole30. Really need it as our nutrition has slipped the last 3-4 months. I did a Whole30 around this stage in my last pregnancy and it was so helpful.

Kids and snacks/meals: the kids mostly eat the same as us with a few exceptions. They eat whole fat dairy and the 4.5 year old sometimes has bread. I'm mostly tempted by the cheese but it hasn't been too bad. Otherwise they snack on fruit and veggies. Apples or Bananas with almond butter is a big hit with the older one. The younger one is crazy about blueberries and tomatoes.

hjffkj:  good for you at starting at 5 weeks! I had a rough first trimester and really ate my way through it... and not in a healthy way.

Welcome aboard Mimimalistmom. Well done getting your husband on board. My husband supports me, but a long way off doing it himself. This is my first Whole30 so I'm hoping my results might be enough to motivate him to give it a try.

My kids LOVE fruit so they snack on a lot... still not sure of how much fruit is too much??? They get home from school/preschool and ask for a "fruit platter". I had gotten in to a bad habit of giving them a "treat" after school such as muffin or sweet biscuits. Since starting Whole 30 (day 7 today) I've just stopped and they haven't asked for it...guess it was more about me feeling I was treating them rather than them actually wanting it.

Welcome Minimalistmom!  I'm on day 9 and am regretting starting it so early in my pregnancy!  With the previous 3 I never really had any nausea or food aversions but that is not the case apparently this time around.  Getting all my veggies in there last 2 days has been a struggle.  Any sautéed green is entirely unappealing, as is broccoli which I usually can eat every single day!  I'm just trying to take it one meal at a time and figure out which veggies my body can tolerate.

CathJ, I slowly started to add raw veggies to my kids fruit trays and phased out most of the fruit. Now they ask for a veggie tray.  I still put at least one fruit on it.  

Nausea is brutal for me and yesterday all I was able to eat from waking until about 3 pm was cashews, olives, and a few apple slices. :-/ I've got to find a protein and a green veggie I can tolerate early in the day. Balanced out my evening with salmon, clams and kale so I did get some protein. Today is day 3 for me and I feel better now on day 3 than I did during a non pregnancy whole30 day 3. I think my diet was a bit cleaner starting off this time so withdrawal is less pronounced so far.

How is everyone else doing? Does anyone have any good ideas for easy morning protein when feeling nauseated? (Can't deal with eggs at the moment...)

Archived