I finished my Whole 30 on Tuesday. Here are the stats:

*down eight pounds

*got my woman curves back

*skin is great, got the glow

*comfy and convenient digestion

*sleeping great needing less sleep

*clothes fitting more comfortably

and a few side notes:

*it was hard to eat compliant protein ALL the time. I had my share of meat that was probably noncompliant due to the many parties and bbq's I attended or just by eating on the go.

*I ate less starchy carbs because I was not exercising much, which caught up with me at the end. I felt tired and snacky the last few days.

*I miss the dry crunch (like chips or cookies) sensation during Whole 30. I tried to fill this need with nuts which led to overeating them.

*my rhythms are off due to getting out of school for the summer. Getting up later and not eating right away needs to change. Also must start regular (gentle) exercise.

*i am craving apricots big time! Summertime makes me want to eat more fruit and incorporate more raw foods.

Ready to start my second Whole 30 tomorrow. Today I will have some very yummy Paleo banana bread with a little chocolate thrown in and stay otherwise compliant. I will start a new log tomorrow as well. Excited!!!

GFChris, that is a good question. I will strive for progress in this area. It will entail more preparation and I believe I am up to that task.

On a similar note, we ate at a Chilis last night and I had fajitas.... I could just tell they were smothered in something greasy awful and probably had MSG as well. I was thirsty for hours! So in the future I would choose something different, or ask more questions and be more demanding.

One meal at a time :)

GFChris, that is a good question. I will strive for progress in this area. It will entail more preparation and I believe I am up to that task.

On a similar note, we ate at a Chilis last night and I had fajitas.... I could just tell they were smothered in something greasy awful and probably had MSG as well. I was thirsty for hours! So in the future I would choose something different, or ask more questions and be more demanding.

One meal at a time :)

Re: the Chili's outing, they have an allergen's menu online: http://www.chilis.com/EN/LocationSpecificPDF/MenuPDF/001.005.0000/Chilis%20Allergen%20Generic.pdf

Doesn't look like fajitas are on their menu for people with soy allergies (they are on the menu for folks with peanut and gluten allergies), so there was likely soy in the seasonings or oils they used to cook the fajitas.

Maybe you set a goal for your next Whole30 to be 100% compliant throughout?  It would be interesting to see if you notice any difference to how you feel as you go through that process.

Archived