Day 18 dizzy, lightheaded, brain fog, tired

Today is day 18 on my second go around with Whole30 this year (first one was in February)

Yesterday i noticed some dizziness, and lightheadedness when i stand and today it is even worse, i am not alarmed, just curious.  today, i am exhausted, tired, can barely keep my eyes open brain fog and then when i stand up i have a second where i think i may fall down.

I am drinking PLENTY of water, 100 oz or more a day

I am eating salt, prosciutto for breakfast, salting my food

i also feel like i am eating too much, not noticing much weight loss (haven't weighed myself, but my clothes are still tight)

i eat the same thing pretty much every day

meal 1 prosciutto (1 pkg)

half an avocado

zucchini, mushrooms and kale

meal 2 

green salad with asparagus, carrots

artichoke hearts

half an avocado 

and pulled pork (4 oz)

1 cup cherries

kombucha

meal 3

sweet potato fries (cooked in coconut oil)

flat iron steak

cauliflower

1/4 avocado

if i snack i have a handful of cashews in the afternoon when i get home while i am cooking dinner

i ride my bike everyday to work approximately 30 minutes of sweat a day

the only thing i have done recently is on wednesday i totally succumbed to my sugar dragon and ate a lot of grapes...that night i got a stomach ache, got gassy (tmi, sorry) and totally knew i overdid it with the fruit, its the first time in the 30 days ive done that

could my symptoms the last two days be  a result of my grape binge?

thoughts appreciated!

i should mention that i eat the same thing every day, but i vary the protein, the above looks like a eat pork everyday :/

my breakfast proteins this week have been

steak, prosciutto, chicken and ahi

lunch proteins are chicken or pork or roast beef

dinner is the same as breakfast as i eat for breakfast leftovers from dinner

Are you avoiding starchy veg on purpose?

Try adding one in.  Maybe at a minimum of 1 a day.  It will definitely help for the tiredness you are experiencing. 

Try eating most of your veggies cooked - raw veggies don't really fill you up, and they may cause some stomach distress.

• Moderators

Honestly, it looks to me like you're not eating enough, especially protein. Prosciutto is like bacon, which isn't a good source of protein--it's more a fat with lots of salt. Four oz is a very small portion at mealtimes. Consider cutting the snack of nuts and upping the protein at meals is my best advice in addition to Carla's suggestion to include starchy veg. Good luck!

thank you for the advice.  i am eating an entire, sometimes avocado and a half every day!  i eat a huge plate of food mostly veggies but my in laws were just here and couldn't stop commenting on how much i was eating.

it is hard to believe i am not eating enough

i know prosciutto isn't great, i only eat it when i have to grab something because i didn't have time to eat breakfast.

i will increase my protein and cut out the nuts (sigh, love my cashews)

and i eat sweet potatoes at dinner quite often, is that not enough starchy veg?  what other starchy veg is there? i eat plantains sometimes..

It could be that may need starchy veg earlier on, or maybe you have to up your quantities.  Everyone is a little different.  I tried low carb for 3 weeks (cause I wanted to lose more weight) but my body just shut down and they were a very unhappy, bloated, uncomfortable 3 weeks.  And in the end I gained weight.

Starchy veg is basically any root vegetable that is not a potato. So carrots (I noticed you did have this posted in you lunch) parsnips, sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin, turnip, rutabagas, beets - you get the idea.  And yes Plantains are considered a starchy veg too.

gaaaaa

all of my LEAST FAVORITE FOODS are in that list...and i am an organic farmer, so i know my veggies and am suppose to LOVE them, but none of those are in season now...except beets which i try not to eat because of how high in sugar they are...sweet potatoes are not in season either BUT at least i like them

i really like potatoes, i don't over eat them, and i never eat them as potato chips or french fries or anything WHACK like that, so it is a little confusing as to why i cannot have them on WHOLE30 but i am a rule follower so.....

• Moderators

Well, you certainly could just start with upping protein at meals and cutting nuts to see how that affects your energy before making yourself choke down more starchy vegs. Sometimes too many variables isn't helpful in troubleshooting, anyway!

Archived