Any suggestions for lunch at BJ's?

Sarabeth5

Hi all,

I've got a work lunch coming up at BJ's.  I plan to scour the menu beforehand to come up with a plan but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions?  My Whole30 will be finished at that point but I want to stay as complant as possible ~ I really don't think anything at a chain restaurant willl be "worth it".

I like the Kale and Roasted Brussels sprouts salad without the cheese or the candied pecans.  It probably wouldn't be Whole30 compliant because I'm sure the dried cranberries are sweetened, but it works for post-Whole30 with no digestive distress.  I just use oil and vinegar for dressing, too.

The Enlightened Seared Ahi salad with no wonton crisps (and oil and vinegar for the dressing) has also worked well for me.

BJ's tends to be a favorite location for work events for me, so I end up eating there more than any other chain.  These are the two salads I stick to with good results.  To be clear, I wouldn't eat either of them DURING a Whole30 because there are just too many unknowns.

My plan was to finish this whole30 on 6/24, go out to sushi for a friend's birthday (and it's the only thing I've really missed) the next day and start another whole30 the day after that... I don't want to not start another one just because of some dumb meal at a crappy chain restaurant.  Maybe I'll eat before hand and order iced tea.

Oh my goodness: have you looked at their gluten-free/allergens menu?  Everything they have is made with either soy or wheat. http://bjsbrewhouse.com/sites/default/files/files/G%26A_0214.pdf

Even their rib-eye is made with soy ... they must use soybean oil for their cooking oil.  Maybe you can order that dry grilled?

Late to the party, but wanted to add - the "steamed green beans" have milk checked off... What in the world??  

oy.

Archived