Weirdest Food Dreams

I had read in ISWF that many people have vivid dreams about off-plan food. I'm on Day 12 of my Whole 37 & I had my first (super intense!) food dream last night.

I dreamt that my mom brought over a large chocolate Frosty & the second she set it on the table, I started scarfing it down. The whole time I was thinking to myself "What are you doing?!" but I could NOT stop eating it! I felt unbelievably guilty about it when I woke up & I still do (even though I never really ate it!) & now I want a chocolate Frosty even though I never get them! So now I have faux guilt & a new craving!

Which makes me curious: what have been your weirdest/most intense food dreams?

Last night I dreamed and in regularly lately in my head keep thinking about eating massive amounts of red beets,entire pumpkins,bananas,plantains(though I never had them),tomatoes,using honey in sauces&condiments,dairy and sometimes icecream&croissants. Basically carbs/sugar combined with fat as I guess my body wants to pack on the fat pounds with a vengeance even more&more. It sometimes mentally,especially at night feels like I'm starving and I keep fantasizing about these foods.

Yet it's strange...in reality when I eat my proteine I usually eat it (I get this mental picture in my head of eating it with) with Arugola,spinach,kale,endive,zucchini,broccoli,sometimes Bok Choy....basically everythings green on my plate. I guess that's maybe also still can't think mentally about this eating pattern being normal:s (I also experience at various times these weird mental/emotional state of not being completely lethargic∨ depressed but I also must force/stimulate myself to feel happy:s)

Last night I dreamed and in regularly lately in my head keep thinking about eating massive amounts of red beets,entire pumpkins,bananas,plantains(though I never had them),tomatoes,bell peppers(especially red&yellow ones) using honey in sauces&condiments,dairy and sometimes icecream&croissants. Basically carbs/sugar combined with fat as I guess my body wants to pack on the fat pounds with a vengeance even more&more. It sometimes mentally feels like I'm starving,I keep fantasizing about these foods especially at night and when I lay in bed and obviously even dream about and the about eating the meals in the YTvideo of a girl that I linked in another thread.

Yet it's strange...in reality when I eat my proteine I usually eat it (I get this mental picture in my head of eating it with) with Arugola,spinach,kale,endive,zucchini,broccoli,sometimes Bok Choy....basically everythings green on my plate. I guess that's maybe also still can't think mentally about this eating pattern being normal:s (I also experience at various times these weird mental/emotional state of not being completely lethargic∨ depressed but I also must force/stimulate myself to feel happy:s)

The night before last, I dreamed that my boyfriend picked up an ice cream cake for his mother's birthday. I was offered a piece, and took it... After I ate about a quarter of it, I thought "Oh, crap!!!! My Whole30!!!!!"

I became really upset that I had to start over, and continued to eat the cake while complaining of my failure.

I was actually angry with myself when I woke up... Until I realized it was a dream. But, I am relieved that I have not been craving cake, ice cream, or ice cream cake.

Mine was a donut dream. I have never liked donuts, which makes the dream that much more bizarre. I still remember it like it just happened, AND I remember thinking in my dream that it was definitely not whole30 thing to do, but kept right on shovelling it in!

I am on day 5 and had my first food dream last night. Someone handed me a bag full of candy bars and cookies. One in particular that I remember was a mint Chips Ahoy cookie...which I am not even sure exists....and seriously, when was the last time I had a Chips Ahoy....probably 10 years ago or more! Anyway, I just started eating all the candy and cookies....and then all of a sudden I remembered I was doing Whole 30 and realized I would have to start over and boy was I mad. No cravings for cookies or candy today.....but my red wine craving is pretty fierce right now.

As I was reading ISWF I slowly cut out unapproved foods as I read along, I called it my transition period, and then actually started my Whole30 on Aug. 7. During my transition period I dreamed I was drinking Dr. Pepper which is strange because I had quit soda way before I was transitioning. The on day 2 of my actual Whole30 I dreamed that I was eating Chicken nuggets that had chocolate chips in them (actually tasted pretty good in the dream). But yeah I woke up feeling guilty and sad.

I had a dream the other night that I ate an ENTIRE Domino's pizza, and drank Bud Light lime. I have no idea why these were the two things I dream-indulged in: I'm not really a big fan of pizza, and I'm sure that I've never even had Bud Light lime (though I blame that one on the guy in front of me at the market having that in his basket.)

The crazy thing was, I was fighting myself in my dream about not eating the pizza, and telling myself why I should just walk away and ignore it, but then I had a piece, then another and finally just caved and ate the rest of it. It seemed so REAL, because that's how I would normally approach something non-Whole30 compliant, or that I know that I should not eat. "Oh, I'll just have one/a little bite/a small piece." It made me realize that I have much bigger issues than just eating too much, or not making the right choices.

I woke up feeling guilty and ashamed, because it seemed so real. I also felt sad because I had been feeling good and didn't want to have to start my Whole30 over.

The next night, I had a dream that Iwas eating fresh ceviche on the beach-those are the food dreams I'm hoping continue!

• 2 weeks later...

These are great! Ha! I searched for this topic because I had a crazy food dream last night. It's so funny; I'm on day 23 and I would have thought that I would have one WAAAY before now. Maybe I did and forgot it in the morning . . . anyway. My dream last night had me eating a chocolate sheet cake with fudge buttercream from a grocery store. The last dessert I had was on July 12th (day before my birthday) when I brought a very similar looking sheet cake to work for everyone else to enjoy. I didn't think I would have any, but I ended up having a huge piece that day. I was just learning about Primal eating back then, so I was a lot more sporadic with my disipline. So, in my dream last night I'm having a cake similar to this, and mauwing down on it with a pastry scraper instead of a fork. Woah! I also was cheating on my husband with some hot dude while my friend was in the bathroom. She came back and sat between us to stop us. What a jerk. Ha!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night (yesterday was day 9) I dreamt I was on vacation with my hubby and we were trying to order this really weird Asian food for dinner (must have been the Asian beef and broccoli we had for dinner last night!). Anyways it turned to a big summer party and all my family was there and TONS of food. We were in this massive mansion on the beach and the whole ceiling was skylights. Here's the good part... I dreamt I had finished my Whole30 the day before and I was going to start another one the following day so I was eating everything in sight. Sour candy (which were displayed in these big fancy glass dishes on white tablecloths), white doughy hamburger buns filled with melted cheddar cheese and dipped in some sort of creamy sauce. It was so intense!

• 1 month later...

I've definitely been experiencing the weird food dreams the last couple of nights.

The first dream was that I went to Pinkberry and got my favorite watermelon flavor. I took a bite, thought "oh crap!" then just handed it right back to the cashier, haha! The second dream was about Bon Chon (hugely addicting Korean fried chicken chain) and I just kept frying it (despite it was already double fried) but I never ate it.

It's funny because I haven't been craving these things since I started whole30 but they're appearing in my dreams. My subconscoius also knows better than to indulge in them.

Before if I were to have a dream about these foods I would crave them and crave them and the feeling wouldn't go away until I indulged in them. Now I know better and am okay with not having these things for awhile.

Tomorrow is my last day of whole 30. I plan to eight with it other than the occasional brown rice, quinoa or party beverage. My dream last bought was that I was done with my 30 days and hubby decided to bring home breakfast. He came back going with three fruit cobblers. I was so must at him. I tried reading around the crust bit knew that the sugar would be impossible to avoid. My other food firewalls happened mattresses my son's birthday. I made his birthday cake but in many dream i kept eating the cake rather than baking it. Luckily in the real world I made and services the cake without even licking the spoon.

What it told me was how deep my food addictions are. I will defeat this.

Archived