NEW June 18

tbrucato

We are all newbies and started on June 18th.  How does everyone feel? I had a headache the very first day ALL day.  Was super hungry after meal 3.  Yesterday wasn't so bad and I completed 2 workouts.  Today is starting off well.  Let's check back in weekly to see how everyone is doing. Weekends are bad for me, but I'm going to do my best.

So, Day 4! So far so good. No slip ups and surprisingly few cravings. LOVING the Whole 30 Daily. Very helpful and informative. Definitely have a slight headache but not sure I can attribute a bit of grumpiness to Whole 30. I have my two kids home from school now (5 and 6 years old) and am "working" really hard to make it a fun and educational summer for them...i.e. limited TV, lots of activity planning by mom. Loving the time with them but let's just say I miss my calming glass of wine at night.

Hope all are doing well. I really want to check in here more often. Will work to do so between screams of "Mommmmmmmmm..."

Have a great weekend. Stay strong!

How is everyone doing? Day 6 done here. So far, so good. Bad headaches and terrible allergies the first few days but I seem to be past that now. Enjoying the recipes I found but not too keen on all of the meat. I definitely miss some things but not nearly as much as I thought I would. I have also cleared my social calendar as much as possible during this time. Seems like a waste of money to go out and not be able to have some fun ordering. It's just easier for me that way now. Hope all are doing well.

How is everyone doing? Day 6 done here. So far, so good. Bad headaches and terrible allergies the first few days but I seem to be past that now. Enjoying the recipes I found but not too keen on all of the meat. I definitely miss some things but not nearly as much as I thought I would. I have also cleared my social calendar as much as possible during this time. Seems like a waste of money to go out and not be able to have some fun ordering. It's just easier for me that way now. Hope all are doing well.

I'm doing better today than the last few days. But we are on day 8, right? You posted day 6 on yesterday, I just want to make sure we are not cheating ourselves - LOL. I had a bad headache all day Sunday and was extremely grumpy, Monday I was in a better mood, yesterday I had NOOOOO energy. This is a lot of meat and I haven't quite kicked the fruit thing.  I am having it immediately after a meal instead of as a snack and only consuming it twice a day.  I am still exercising five days a week, with my personal trainer two of those day.  I am trying to "lean" out.  I have 15 more #'s to go to hit my 50 pound mark.  I hope everyone else is doing well.

Yes...today (the 25th) is Day 8. Most of my "side effects" have passed. I'm working on menu planning for next week and making sure I have what I need in the house. I totally agree about all of the meat. I know I can do this for the 30 days and already feel like I am well on my way to resetting some bad habits. I also know that I couldn't do this long term. All meals feel kind of heavy...good and flavorful but heavy. Struggling most with staying off the scale but know that following this aspect of the program will be beneficial as well.

Good for you for keeping up with the activity and being so close to the 50 pound mark. That's a great accomplishment. Well, on to Day 9. Let's do this thing!

Hope all are doing well. Today (6/29) is Day 12 for me. I have to say that I'm feeling really good and definitely notice more energy than usual. I'm not yet bored with the foods I'm eating (doing a lot of cooking from Well Fed) and am enjoying being full for longer than usual. I have positive feelings about finishing my Whole 30. The challenge for me right now is where to go once the Whole 30 is complete. As I mentioned, I'm not crazy about eating this much meat and in general believe that moderation across the board is okay. However, I can't argue with the amount of energy I have and the general "satisfied" feeling. I am going to use this time to reread parts of It Starts With Food and explore ways of making healthy long-term changes in my eating plan and overall habits. For right now, I'm excited to be almost half way to the goal of completing this plan.

Archived