Started June 16th - first timer

bec3b

I started Whole30 on Monday! Would love to hear from people that started then too!

I've been eating quasi-Paleo on and off for the past 2.5 years though I was never very strict - would eat ice cream and bread occasionally (ok, sometimes more than occasionally). My third kid is almost two and it's really time to get rid of this extra weight. Also, I know I've felt better when I was on a role with Paleo (clearer head, less tired, less aches and pains, etc). I've known about Whole 30 for a couple of years but was kind of scared to do it - seemed way too strict. Fro example, I've never given up dairy before. I'm jumping in this time though - nothing else seems to be working for my body to lose weight. I'm excited for the structure and support and for the "strictness" of the next 27 days. I'm confident I can do it!

Am slightly nervous about in-laws coming into town next week (and staying for 1.5 weeks) which inevitably includes a lot of ice cream/dessert/barbecues. Am trying to plan it out though to be successful.

I started Monday as well! Going well. There "was" another June 16 thread - not sure where it went. LOL. 

I've been dabbling in Paleo for a couple of years as well. Decided to finally go strict and clean things up. 

I started June 16th as well.  This is my 2nd Whole 30.  I completed what I called my Whole 45 back in November/December and I don't know why I stopped eating this way.  I gained back 10 of the 21 pounds that I lost and slowly slipped back into my old eating habits - not good!  I was living on carbs and cheese and I felt horrible.  I love cheese, but I don't love the way I feel or look. So I am back. 

To be honest, I do know why I stopped - I got lazy.  I can't be lazy anymore. I will be 39 next month and want it to be a healthy year for me as I approach 40.  I have a  5 year old at home and it is just me (my husband passed 2 years ago) which sometimes makes it tough to get out to exercise and find time to take care of myself. I find I stress eat a lot. But I am really trying to be conscious of that now. 

It is a challenge to stay on track when other people are involved but I just tried to make things that I could eat and then offer condiments that they could put on top.  We have a lot of pot luck lunches at work and rather than not participate I just always made a dish that I could eat. Most people loved it and ate it up.  I think people are often surprised when they realize that healthy food can also be tasty food.

Archived