HELP! Stress eating!

hope4

I started on June 16th and have really been so into it... but today I got some bad news that affects me financially and all I want to do is eat carbs.  I know I shouldn't (this is my 2nd W30 - I completed a W45 in November/December) but I can't stop thinking about it.  I already worked out today to get my mind off the binge eating but it didn't help... food is definitely my comfort for stress...  any suggestions before I dive in to my son's mac and cheese?

HELP!

The meal template is your friend. Make your remaining meals today be complaint meals that fit the template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables and the appropriate amount of compliant fat.  

Is there a trusted friend you can call to vent about your news?  What methods have worked for you in the past to ground and center you? Meditating? Warm bath/epsom salts? Soothing music? Tea?

After you give yourself some space from the immediacy of this news, can you sit down and work out a plan for your next action steps to move in a positive direction, financially?

meditating and baths don't work for me... I end up just ruminating.  I already called a friend to vent. I am making dinner now... def. W30 approved... but just feel awful.

usually a good workout can help... but it didn't seem to do the trick today.  I have a small son at home and can't do another workout.  I just feel stuck. But I am not eating the mac and cheese!

How old is your son? I find that laying down on the floor and doing "airplane" with my boys always lifts my spirits! Haha... You know what I'm talking about? Where you put your bare feet on his tummy, hold his hands and fly him into the air above you? They give he best smiles and giggles. Or do something else fun with your son. Make a tent or a fort and get some flashlights.

Maybe also add some sweet potato or plaintain with cinnamon and salt to your meal to help satisfy the carb need.

Good, the food is not going to help. Sticking to your Whole30 through out this difficult time will just add some more confidence in yourself. I used "bad food" as medication when I was going through difficult stuff before, but not anymore. And this is my first Whole30 and I wanted to eat donuts and chocolate and chips so many times since today, my DAY 17.

What I suggest you to do is to really take some time to sit somewhere in your home in a quiet place, alone. Then, really FEEL what you are going through. You can cry or be angry or talk to yourself. Just feel your emotions and be aware of them. They won't destroy you, they won't hurt you, they're yours to have at this moment. And once the grieving is over, you will be stronger and you will have a clear head to think of options and/or solutions. You can't escape your own mind. There might be an opportunity hidden in this obstacle. Think of what this situation is forcing you to do and try to right down 3 positive things that having to change your situation might bring. I hope it helps and good luck!

Archived