Red's Whole114

gardnermer

I did my first Whole45ish? in April/May and it went pretty well. I wasn't really weighing in at those times, but I'm now facing down the fact that I'm up 20 lbs from where I want to be. It's time to get serious about my eating and trim down to a better weight for what I love (triathlons). I'm lucky the extra pounds hasn't really affected my training and racing, but I can tell no longer being on the whole30 plan is starting to take it's toll on my body (physically and hormonally).

So I'm committing to being on the whole30 til my next big A race. I figured keeping a log this time on the forum would help me stay committed.

So here we go! I'm getting a dexa scan later today, so I'll have super official stats to start with.

Breakfast today was

2 eggs, 3 green onions, 4 mushrooms sliced, 2 cups of kale, a tomato and 1/4 of an avocado.

Looking forward to my journey.

Lunch was chicken breast, 1/2 of a sweet potato and "asian" slaw. (Green cabbage, purple cabbage, shredded beets and carrots)

Dinner - Ground bison with complaint pasta sauce and steamed broccoli, with some cherries for a post dinner "dessert"

Results for the Dexa scan today and my Official start point -

153 lbs

112.6 lean mass

34.4 fat

6.1 bone

22.4% body fat

113 days to go :D

Same for Meal 1 and Meal 2 today. Other than I left out the sweet potato on meal two and had a cup of cherries. Yum.

I can tell my system is trying to get calibrated as it deals with foods I ate Wednesday.

Planning on hiking tomorrow. Excited for it, but also feeling the need to plan out foods tonight.

I'm in the US, in Austin, TX. 

Yup. Goal is to stay compliant til my next big race. I will say starting a blog here has already helped! I feel committed in this process to more than just my own self and health (although that's the most important thing). Yay for community. 

Last night meal 3 was part of a whole lemon, fennel, turmeric roasted chicken and some roasted veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, onions, turnips).

This morning meal 1

was left overs from meal3. I was out of eggs and so wanted an omelet though!

meal 2 was compliant salad from chipotle. I feel like that's cheating a little, but I was out running errands and needed a quick meal.

Day 3 done, 111 days to go

meal 3 is grilled salmon and asian cabbage and beet slaw.

My gut is still being gassy (almost painful), but I'm still thinking that's due to getting food poisoning Tuesday and throwing my whole system out of wack.

I've been on track, but busy at work. I won't do a recap of all my food choices since last time, but here's yesterday:

meal 1 - I made a crustless quiche this week for breakfast. So much yum. eggs, onions, mushrooms, kale, cabbage and sundried tomatoes. I had that and some avocado.

meal 2 - zoodles and meatballs - I found these way cool squash at Central Market this week. 8 ball squash. I used a julienne peeler to make noddles out of them. Then I made some turkey meatballs with a bunch of different spices. I wish I knew exactly what I used, because they are amazing.

meal 3 - giant romaine and arugula salad with flat iron steak, jicama, tomatoes, red onions and avocado. Yum.

Feeling pretty good GI wise, but with my reduced working out schedule this week, I'm having trouble going to sleep at night and setting a schedule.

I'm also getting a little bored with chicken breast so I'm glad I'm mixing it up a bit with types of proteins I'm using.

I think I want to try to make some whole30 ethnic foods to spice up my menu.

Didn't have a ton of time to prep work this week so today was a little boring in terms of food

Meal 1 - green onions, mushrooms, eggs, kale, tomato, carrots, avocado

Meal 2 - Grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli and peppers

Snack - 1/2 cucumber with salt and apple cider vinegar

Meal 3 - Grilled chicken breast, roasted poblano pepper, sautéed brussels sprouts, onions with balsamic vinegar and a sweet potato. and a handful of snap peas

Definitely going to be trying to do a little recipe research to hopefully spice things up later this week

I've still been on track, Just not posting everything I've had every day. Most of my days have been a little boring in terms of meals, but I got a little more creative this week, so I figured i share:

Breakfast was pretty usual:

Eggs, mushrooms, onions, kale, tomato, avocado and some salsa:

f9b6affa-621e-47b6-bbc2-0298cf02616b_zps

Lunch was ground turkey and cauliflower "rice" dolmas, homemade baba ganoush, red pepper, and sauteed spinach

c75b3542-7792-45d8-a3e1-203684cb2988_zps

Dinner was scallops and snow peas with a red curry sauce. I also had some cauliflower "rice" pilaf

a8c1bead-a373-46b3-ac95-d0941f6162fd_zps

Archived