OMG, you guys...

Aphrofighty

....I just made the best MOTHER of all sauces/dips/speads. And, by MOTHER, I mean -- once you make the base recipe, the variations are endless. I've been eating it on burgers, salad, & fish. I've dipped veggies and chicken skewers into. I've marinated lamb and beef kabobs in it. I've poured in on my eggs & veggie scramble in the morning. I've been eating a little dollop of it every day for a week -- it adds just the creamy, rich element I'm often looking for to spice up my meat + veg.

1 jar Marantha Sunflower Seed Butter (note: limiting nuts & seeds is part of the program, but a little goes a long way)

3 Tbsp coconut aminos

1 c chicken stock -- homemade or organic (read the label!)

juice of one lemon

Empty jar of sunflower seed butter into blender. Add aminos, stock, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. The consistency with this recipe is that of a creamy salad dressing, like blue cheese, but use less liquid and it'll be thick and creamy like hummus. Use more liquid and it's be thin and pourable like a vinaigrette.

That's it. Takes literally two minutes. SO. GOOD. SO. SO. SO. GOOD! 

Variations -- add any of the following: fresh garlic, parsley, basil, paprika, chile powder, chipotles, more lemon, no lemon, balsamic vinegar, olive juice, celery seed, avocado, etc and so on. 

Archived