Kaitlin's Log

healthykaitlin

Day 1

Breakfast: grilled chicken with a sauce of olive oil, a couple of chopped up walnuts, fresh cilantro, and seasoning, a fruit cup, grande Americano

Lunch: Banana Bread Lara Bar and three mini fruit skewers

Dinner: Steak (sirloin) with sauteed peppers, onion, mushroom, and garlic in coconut oil, homemade anchovi steak sauce (can of anchovies, light tasting olive oil, smashed garlic, chives, whipped up in my Ninja with a few seasonings)

Day 2

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (just egg), spinach, onion, garlic, seasoning, coconut oil, venti iced americano

Lunch: roasted chicken, summer squash, zucchini

Dinner: "Well Fed" Chocolate Chili

Day 3

Breakfast: beef sauteed in coconut oil, onion, spinach, fried egg

Lunch: Roasted chicken with green beans

Dinner: grilled ribeye, sauteed mushrooms, grilled shrimp, steamed broccoli

Day 4

Breakfast: roasted chicken, steamed green beans, homemade mayo, Frank's RedHot

Snack: 2 slices watermelon, a few strawberries

Lunch: roasted chicken, steamed green beans, homemade mayo

Dinner: Sauteed ground beef, coconut oil, summer squash and zucchini

Day 5

Breakfast: roasted chicken, steamed green beans, homemade mayo

Lunch: roasted chicken, steamed green beans, homemade mayo, Frank's RedHot

Dinner: Shepherd's Pie: Well Fed recipe (used beef), compliant mustard

Day 6

Breakfast: leftover Shepherd's pie, venti iced americano with TJ's light coconut milk and coconut oil

Lunch: Again, leftover shepherd's pie
Dinner: shrimp, homemade cocktail sauce (made with "Well Fed" ketchup, lemon juice, and seasoning), roasted brussel sprouts

Day 7

Breakfast: Roasted chicken thigh, spinach

Snack: A few slices of watermelon

Lunch: Tonno tuna packed in olive oil (drained), homemade mayo, spinach, Frank's RedHot, venti iced half passion tea, half green tea (unsweetened)

Dinner: Tonno tuna packed in olive oil (drained), steamed brussel sprouts, stone ground mustard (compliant)

Day 8

Breakfast: Chicken thigh with spinach and homemade mayo

Lunch: 6 oz sirloin steak with steamed broccoli

It got a little repetitive at a couple of points because I really enjoyed what I've been eating!!

Side note: some things aren't here, I drink water all day (a lot of the time infused with lemon and lime), and add Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute, as well as chives, to nearly everything

Can't tell the portions from your descriptions, but assuming the amounts are following the meal template, this looks good overall -- except for the fruit snacking the last several days. If you're feeling the need to snack, it's usually an indication that you didn't eat enough at your previous meal. Try to adjust: by increasing what you're eating for breakfast, making sure you're getting enough healthy fats, etc. If you really like your fruits, trying having them with your breakfast.

Having just main meals is encouraged because it gets your body into the rhythm of having a bunch of different things to digest, and then digesting them all so you're empty for the next meal. Snacking disrupts that healthy rhythm.

If you absolutely need to snack, try to make them mini-meals with protein, fat, and veggies instead of fruits. Fruits jack up then crash your blood sugar, again disrupting the rhythm you're trying to establish with Whole30.

Hi Glenn! The reason for snacking is mainly because I eat breakfast at 8 and don't take lunch until 3 (sometimes 4) because of my schedule. Once my night classes are over, I'll be able to change this to be a little more fluid, but I eat lunch at 3 or 4 because I don't have time to have an actual meal before or during my 3.5 hour class. Leave work at 5, hit the road to get to class for 6, and don't get home until 10. Because of this, my dinner portions are very small so that I don't overeat before going to bed -- though, I am hungry when I get home (or else I wouldn't eat). I'm sure this is very, very wacky and disruptive to my system, but it's the only way I can really fit everything in.

I trust your input though and will try to make my "snack" a little something more substantial. Thank you for the advice!

Archived