I'm starting on Sunday (June 22)

Dewdrop75

I've read the book, been doing a lot of research and recipe searching, put together my meal plan for my first week and made my shopping list. I am ready! I just need to go do my grocery shopping. I'm actually really excited to start this. I have so many symptoms, too many to list, but my main ones are itchy skin, fibromyalgia, sugar cravings, tired all the time, hypothyroid, trichotillomania, etc. I have about 50+ lbs to lose, but I am not doing this for the weight loss, I am hoping though that weight loss will be a side effect of this new way of eating. I am not a big fan of vegetables, hopefully my taste will change throughout this and I can add to my veggie choices.

ETA: I also joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and got my first share today. Really excited to see what I get in the coming weeks. Today I got Mustard Greens, Lettuce, Kale, Bok Choy, Green Onions and a dozen eggs.

Well done Dewdrop! Sounds like you are setting yourself up for success. This is an amazing approach to life and food and everything in between. I hope you will enjoy all the benefits of eating real food and truly nourishing yourself. 

Have you signed up for the Whole 30 Daily emails? It's a small investment ($15 for a month of messages). I highly recommend signing up for those. They helped me a lot, especially when this way of eating was very new. 

I picked Sunday for my start date too.  I've got about 15 pounds to lose, but I'm hoping to break my sugar addiction with this.  I eat 75% clean already, but this is much stricter that what I've been doing and I think I need that.  It leaves a lot of the guesswork out.

Thanks Contessa & jacketfan!

Contessa, yes I did decide to sign up for the emails. I wasn't going to at first, but after reading some of the comments about them on the forum I decided to do it. I really want this to be successful, so I need all the resources I can get. I have not read today's (Day 1) email yet, but Day 0 was already really helpful.

jacketfan, if you want to buddy up with me, I would love that, since we are starting on the same day we can keep each other motivated. Send me a PM if you want to.

Archived