No appetite...plus nausea. What helps?

So I'm on day 5 and already have the no appetite feeling I had with my non pregnant whole 30. The difference I am noticing is that I literally find myself unable to eat when I need to. This is due in part to the nausea that I have been dealing with the entire pregnancy (nearly to 22 weeks). I have had protein aversions so far the entire pregnancy. I started whole30 because my sugar consumption was out of control and my body was not reacting well.

I have been able to eat lots of raw veggies and some raw cashews. I can eat fruit and I've had sweet potato a couple times. I'm finding trouble with protein. I can have a few bites of salmon or something and then the nausea takes over. I made egg flower soup last night by cooking broth and onions and whisking eggs into it. I managed to have probably one eggs worth of protein this way.

I guess what I am asking is, does anyone have anything that has worked for them to consume protein while nauseated or completely having aversions?

• 3 weeks later...

I feel the same way.  It's really hard to eat more than a few bites.  One thing I've found I'm able to eat paleo chicken nuggets with ground chicken.  I tried cooking up chicken breats but it just really turns me off, but I make the chicken nuggets and eat them with a lettus wrap and somehow it's much more manageable.  Also, I've noticed the time of day makes a difference as well.  I'd like to be eating eggs for breakfast (which I always did before), but now I just can't. Even thinking about eggs at breakfast makes me nauseous.  But by lunchtime I'm usually able to get some scrambled eggs down (see just writing that right now at 8am makes me want to throw up), but somehow even though I don't *want* to eat them in the afternoon, I can get it down.  I'm also trying to focus on fruits and veggies which are good with me right now.  I'm definately not getting the protein I should, but I will try my best now and make up for it later.  Also, my husband was concerned that I'm not getting enough fat, which he's probably right, but I do try to always cook my veggies and eggs in plenty of healthy fats.  I also eat greek yogurt, which I know isn't whole30, but it's something I think isn't too bad and appeals to me right now.

Archived