K2 from natto?

EmayPA

Hi!

I'm contemplating my next W30 - probably mid-July - and was wondering if my vitamin K2 supplement (MK-7 from natto) would be compliant or not. 

They have a note that the "soy protein allergen" has been removed - whatever that means.

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

No. Some Vitamin K2 supplements are up front about their being made from soybeans and we need to be consistent and not permit them during a Whole30. Maybe the others are made from natto (fermented soybeans) too and are not explicit about it, but during a Whole30, you need to omit the supplement you are using or choose another one. 

I take Carlson Lab's Vitamin K2 and it does not mention soybeans or natto. 

• 1 year later...

I see this topic has been quiet for awhile and I just want to add some information about Vitamin K2. This is one of many articles you can find on the topic regarding the different types of K2 and the major difference in effectiveness. MK-4 is synthetic and it's half-life is extremely short - 1 hour. There are some Vitamin K2 manufacturers that remove the soy protein allergy from the K7 version. Would this make it Whole30 compliant regarding soy? BTW it also contains other non-compliant ingredients so my search for this supplement continues. I will post back when I find one, if I do that is. I also found myself stopping my multi because the ingredients included sugar...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/12/vitamin-k2-benefits.aspx

• Moderators

And I may have found a Vitamin K2 MK7 that is Whole30 compliant! 

Could you double check this product and let me know?

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Vitamin-MK-7-150mcg-Capsules/dp/B00Q5HRAB4/ref=sr_1_15?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440191776&sr=1-15&keywords=vitamin+k2#Ask

I don't see any sort of ingredient list, so it would be difficult to say... 

Archived