Day 20, not seeing the results I was hoping for

Hello, I am on day 20 and I'm getting a bit discouraged. The biggest reason I did the W30 was to clear my acne. I have had moderate, very stubborn acne for the past 5 yrs. I have tried just about everything without seeing much improvement, so I decided to do a W30 to see if it is caused by a food intolerance. Another reason I decided to try the W30 was to be able to have more energy and to have steady energy throughout the day. One more reason I did the W30 was to help control my anxiety/panic attacks. I am trying to avoid taking any medications to deal with any of this, and was hoping that the W30 would be the answer. However, on day 20, I haven't seen much improvement in any of these issues. I can tell that I have lost weight but that wasn't one of my goals, I feel that I was already a healthy weight. I don't feel bad, but I don't feel great either. I certainly don't feel the "Tiger Blood" that I thought I'd be feeling at this point. I have been getting about 8 hrs of good sleep almost every night, and I don't feel that I am overly stressed. For breakfast I eat 2 eggs with plenty of veggies (usually either spinach or veggie mix sauteed in coconut oil) along with a piece of fruit, and usually a cup of coffee with about 1/2 a tsp. of coconut oil. For lunch I'll usually have a serving of meat such as baked chicken or fish, hamburger patty, etc., with veggies cooked in coconut oil, or sometimes something like carrot stick and bell pepper slices along with avocado, or I'll have a salad with boiled eggs and baked chicken, with olive oil and lemon juice for the dressing. Supper is generally about the same with the addition of a sweet potato. I eat a handful of nuts (usually almonds, cashews, pistachios, or sunflower seeds) with each meal to be sure I'm getting enough healthy fats/calories. I don't feel hungry in between meals and have really enjoyed the food up to this point. I have not had unbearable cravings until today, and for some reason today all I can think about is ice cream and sweet tea! I think the sudden cravings along with not seeing much improvement is getting me down. Mostly I just needed to vent, but any input/advice would certainly be appreciated!

I think there's a blog post about someone who didn't see any changes in her skin until day 27, so be patient. I think nuts can be more harmful for some people, so maybe try getting healthy fats from other sources (like olives, coconut, ghee).

Hi HMC-2. :)

I was able to make huge changes to my anxiety levels by going gluten free (gluten is a neurotoxin), but it takes about six months to a year to clear your system, so for something like anxiety, you may need to be patient beyond 30 days.  My recommendation based on my own experience it to remain gluten free after your 30 days are up and reevaluate in a year.  

Soy can can the cause of acne issues, but again, it can take more than 30 days to clear the system.  

• Moderators

Nuts can exacerbate skin issues, so you might consider cutting them for the duration. Also, you may need longer than 30 days to see improvement given your various issues.

Archived