Close calls and how you corrected

I'm on day 7 of my first W30. There has been a couple of close calls where I nearly slipped.

I was seasoning some chicken thighs to fry up and grabbed Lemon Pepper spice mix out of the cupboard, after a few shakes I stopped and thought about the ingredients. Looked on the packet saw breadcrumbs and other non compliant foods.... swore to myself, took the chicken thighs out of the bowl one by one and washed thoroughly under a running tap. Phew!

Had to do the same thing today when I used balsamic vinegar on some beef bones, then checked the ingredients and saw wine vinegar on the list. Doh! Back under the tap.

Has anyone accidentally wrecked a meal beyond repair like that? Or had similar experiences?

I'm on day 7 of my first W30. There has been a couple of close calls where I nearly slipped.

Had to do the same thing today when I used balsamic vinegar on some beef bones, then checked the ingredients and saw wine vinegar on the list. Doh! Back under the tap.

As an aside, wine vinegar is allowed on the Whole30, per the program rules:  :) 

"Vinegar. Most forms of vinegar, including white, balsamic, apple cider, red wine, and rice, are allowed during your Whole30 program. The only exceptions are vinegars with added sugar, or malt vinegar, which generally contains gluten." - See more at: http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/#sthash.UJsLUqYB.dpuf

Archived